• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try This Tasty Orange Chicken Lo Mein Recipe Before It's Gone!

In summary, the recipe calls for zesting and juicing 2 oranges to get 1/2 cup of juice. The recipe contains chicken, egg, salt, black pepper, flour, cornstarch, oil, garlic, ramen noodles, stir-fry veggie blend, cabbage, and chicken.
Mrs.H.
Did anyone get this recipe in their boxes? It looks amazing! My husband is leaving for Korea, and wants to try it before he goes, other wise I would just wait and buy the cards.

I know!! I thought it looked amazing too! I didn't get recipe cards for it but...I still have yet to look at the new catalogs. Maybe it's in there...?

Here you go ladies! Be sure to let us know how it is - I know it caught my eye when I saw it on the back of the catalog :)

2 oranges
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp veg. oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
2 pkg (3 oz each) ramen noodles, any flavor, split into halves
1 bag (12-16 oz) frozen stir-fry veggie blend (e.g. broccoli, carrots & peapods) thawed
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage

1. Zest 2 orange using Microplane Adj. Grater to measure 1 Tbsp. Juice both oranges to measure 1/2 cup. Combine zest, juice, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce & seasoning mix in Small Batter Bowl; whisk well. Set aside.

2. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine egg, salt & black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken; stir to coat. Combine flour & cornstarch in large Colander Bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until simmering. Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess, and place into Skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside & keep warm.

3. Add pressed garlic to skillet. Cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Omitting seasoning packets, add ramen noodles & orange mixture to skillet. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook 3-4 minutes or until noodles are softened. Add stir-fry blend & cabbage; cook 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are hot & cabbage is crisp tender. Add chick to skillet; mix well to coat chicken.

Cooks tip: If desired, 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix.

Thank you so much!!! I am going to try it out Tomorrow!!!!!!!:D

This is amazing! I love it, I demo'd it for a group of gal's and it was a huge hit :)

This is pictured on the back of our catalog and is in the weekday dinners done recipe cards! WE LOVE this recipe. The orange flavor is SO good, and it's even good leftover!!!! I HIGHLY recommend it! I used the coating trays to coat the chicken!!!!! worked GREAT!

this sounds great!

This is so good! I use regular rice noodles in this and it works beautifully.

This is a favorite dish of my 6 year old son!

It looks so good. I want to make it so bad but my youngest is allergic to citrus.:(

This recipe is amazing. Another favorite of my children (and they didn't even know there was cabbage in it!!). My only suggestion is that you are sure to MEASURE the orange juice. I calls for 2 oranges both zest and juice but the juice to measure 1/2 cup. Some oranges are juicier then others and I made the mistake of not measuring the first time. It was good, but the orange flavor was a bit overboard. It was MUCH better the 2nd, 3rd...times we've made it.

thank you for this - my daughter has been asking me to make 'Orange Chicken 'a nd now I have a PC recipe for it!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for posting this recipe and keeping me from having to re-type it! It is our FAVORITE recipe in this house! We absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Oh this sounds yummy. I will have to try it! Thank you!

1. Can I use any type of noodles for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of noodles for this recipe. However, traditional lo mein noodles or spaghetti noodles work best.

2. Can I substitute the orange juice with something else?

Yes, if you do not have orange juice, you can use any other citrus juice such as lemon or lime. You can also use a citrus-flavored soda or a combination of vinegar and sugar as a substitute.

3. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chicken lo mein ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. However, the noodles may become soggy if left to sit for too long, so it is best to cook the noodles fresh before serving.

4. Can I add extra vegetables to this recipe?

Yes, you can add any vegetables you like to this dish. Some popular additions include broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms. Feel free to customize the recipe to your liking!

5. How can I make this dish healthier?

To make this dish healthier, you can use whole wheat noodles instead of regular noodles. You can also add more vegetables and reduce the amount of sugar in the sauce. Additionally, using lean chicken breast instead of dark meat can also make this dish healthier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rkarl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • wadesgirl