• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Show Length: Finding the Perfect Balance for Your Guests and Content

well, it was so successful that I keep doing it! XD My show is always at 7pm and I leave at 9:30pm.I do 1 recipe, a main dish and then a dessert.
DMB75
I know that it depends of the number of guests and what you are making, but how much time do you sent aside for a show?

My talk time is 30-40 mins, with total guest time at 1.5-2 hours (eating, ordering, etc.) and I am in and out within 3-3.5 hours depending on prep time.

I plan for 3 hours total. For the actual "demo", I plan an hour. That's from the moment I say, "Hi, my name is Diane..." to "Thank you all again for coming. Let's eat!" Order taking is usually another 45 minutes or so, shorter or longer depending on how quickly people want to get out, and then I plan for another 15 minutes to half an hour to pack up, talk with the host, and get out. Most of my shows are at 7:00 and I'm out at 9:30ish.

One of my shows I didn't leave until 3:00 am - I finally told her (and the 3 guests that were still there) I really had to leave because I had to work at 5:00 am:eek:. She was trying to talk me into just pulling an all nighter, which I kind of ended up doing anyway!

I seem to very consistanty pay for 5 hours of babysitting. That includes my drive time each way as well as set up/clean up. I think I"m in denial that it takes that long because I can't seem to "reserve" the babysitter that long so I'm always late getting home. Five hours kinda sucks!

My director always leaves her house at 6:00 and seems to always be home by 9:00 that includes drive time. Also, she hand washes all her dishes at the host's home! I should probaly go observe her show.

I would love to observe a show that's 3 hours start to finish including drive time. I know it can be done, but I just don't feel like I can share enough tips, get to know the customers' needs, etc. in less time than I'm already spending. If I could do that effectively in less time I would be happy (so would my husband!).

Thanks, I'm Just trying to schedule shows and figure out what are the best times.

I just signd my agreement with PC today. :)

On average, I am out of the house for 4-5 hours as well. (Drive time, set up, demo, orders, and packing up.) I have tried to streamline as much as possible, but it still seems like the order taking part is the part I don't have much control over. Sometimes they are quick in bringing up their orders, and sometimes they talk and talk. If I see that most are talking, I will start packing up my stuff so I am not just sitting there wasting time!

I try for 3 hours myself.

I usually end up taking 3-5 hours. It depends on the group. If you have a chance to go to watch someone elses show I highly recommend that! I did and it helped!

I don't like to be in my host's home for more than 2 1/2 hours (That includes set up-I arrive a half hour early, a 45-60 minute demo, networking, and cleanup)

I want the whole experience to be as pleasurable for my hosts as possible and look really easy. The reason why I do this is because generally, the easier my job looks, the easier I am able to recruit the host and also, I want her to rebook off her own show, so it's all about keeping it simple.

I definately take my dishes home with me in a dirty dish bucket, the whole idea is for the hosts to feel "Pampered" at their "Pampered Chef Show" and I make a point to tell them this everytime that they offer to help. I've had really good results with signing my host's to my team and I think it's from using some of these tactics, and then of course, LOVING WHAT I DO!

Darcy, I am assuming you do 1 recipe only, is that correct? No games? I do not do games, I feel as if my guests are there to learn, so I do not do games. I do "Got it, love it" and give tickets out for drawings and finding the product in the catalog. I find that the guests really sell the product, and it keeps them involved, less likely to get off topic. This has really shortened my demo time, because we stay on task.

That was my other question, do you do on recipe or do you do a main dish and then a dessert?

I the show starts at 7pm, I am usually gone by 9-30. I did an express how last and I was out by 815. THAT was awesome!

I'm with Darcy I don't want to be there more than 3 hours
I arrive 30 minutes early and I am almost always home by 9:30. 9:45 at the latest.
I START ON TIME, demo 1 recipe, no games, do a PDS, take orders and carry my dishes home dirty 1 trip in, 1 trip out.
Tonight is the first time to take my new car. I've been thinking about buying a deeper tote with a lid to keep those pesky garlic smells trapped in and not in the car.

My show last week was 4 hours (from when I left the house to when I got home) and my show this week was 4.5 hours. Interesting thing is that the first one was 10 minutes away and the second was 45 minutes away!

I almost always make only one recipe and try to keep my demo to 45 minutes or less. Depending on the crowd, I may or may not play games.

It just all depends on how fast the guests place their orders. At my show on Sunday, I was all packed up and ready to go...just waiting for everyone to order! Ugh!

At my show on Friday it took 1.5 hrs from the time the demo was done til the time everyone was done ordering. I couldn't believe it!!!

I am exhausted!

DebbieJ said:
It just all depends on how fast the guests place their orders. At my show on Sunday, I was all packed up and ready to go...just waiting for everyone to order! Ugh!

At my show on Friday it took 1.5 hrs from the time the demo was done til the time everyone was done ordering. I couldn't believe it!!!

I am exhausted!
My SD will just leave. She tells the guests that she knows they're having a good time visiting and she would like to get out of their hair so they can really visit. So she doesn't wait for the stragglers. The host has to get those orders.

I couldn't do that. I like to make sure I get the orders so the host doesn't miss out. I'm afraid that guests would decide not to order.

chefann said:
My SD will just leave. She tells the guests that she knows they're having a good time visiting and she would like to get out of their hair so they can really visit. So she doesn't wait for the stragglers. The host has to get those orders.

I couldn't do that. I like to make sure I get the orders so the host doesn't miss out. I'm afraid that guests would decide not to order.

Yeah, I couldn't do it either. On Friday, it wasn't like I was sitting their twiddling my thumbs. She had 10-15 people there, they were visiting, placing orders, asking questions. In between I was packing up. It was never like I was just sitting there waiting. Sunday afternoon was a different story. :confused:

I have finally started getting in and out of the hosts house in 3 hours. half hour prep, 45-60 minutes demo and it always seems like I am waiting for the food to finish cooking. SO, I fill in with talking more about host benefits and product collections. (I am really working on selling the collections.) Then taking orders. I usually have to remind the guests a few times that I am ready whenever they are. (I try to go into a different room/area for checkout so I can talk to each guest, and it seems like as soon as I leave the room they forget they are supposed to be placing their orders.) I always seem to have trouble getting the host to stop visiting for a moment so I can get her order or talk to her about when we are closing it. I need to be more forward and direct about it, but I feel rude if I interrupt her.
When I first began it was taking me around 3 hours for the demo and rushing to get the orders before people got upset. I was way too concerned about doing everything just right, and it took forever. Now, I've learned (mostly from these fabulous cheffers) that it is okay to not be perfect. I enjoy the show more and so do the guests. and it resulted in shorter show times.
Good luck and congrats on starting your own business. You'll love this company and this website.

I generally figure an hour from the time I start with the introductions to the time when I say, "I'll be right over here . . ."

Related to Optimizing Show Length: Finding the Perfect Balance for Your Guests and Content

How Long Are Your Shows?

The length of our shows can vary, but on average they last about 2 hours.

Can I Request a Specific Length for My Show?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to schedule a show that fits your schedule and desired length.

Do I Need to Provide Any Supplies or Equipment for the Show?

Nope! Our consultants will bring all the necessary supplies and equipment for the show, including products, cooking tools, and demonstration materials.

What Can I Expect During the Show?

During the show, our consultant will demonstrate various products and techniques, while also providing helpful cooking and entertaining tips. Guests will have the opportunity to sample delicious recipes and ask any questions they may have.

Is There a Minimum or Maximum Number of Guests for a Show?

There is no minimum or maximum number of guests for a show. However, we do recommend inviting at least 10-15 guests to ensure a fun and engaging experience for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CathyBob
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dianafeller
  • RMDave
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • chefmoseley