• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimal Customer Service Call Times: Tips and Recommendations

In summary, it seems that it depends on the person and the time of year, but generally speaking people make their customer service calls from 7-8 pm.
ginamkiely
Hey everyone, just wanted to see what time you make your customer service calls until? It's 8pm here and I think it's too late am I crazy? I also don't want to call while people are eating around 5-6, what should I do?

TIA!

I usually make my calls from 7-8 unless the customer specifically says on the order form to call after 8. But I know some people who make calls until 9. I guess it depends on how late your customers consider too late to be. I would ask when you call if it's a good time.

I find between 7 and 8:30 are the best time to call. I'm normally eating supper around 6:30 because that is when chubby hubby comes home from work- so I don't call before 7:00...gotta run, I taught the kitten how to play fetch and I'm not throwing the toy, and she's getting irritated.

I used to have no problem calling people until 8:30 at night. Now that it's dark so early it feels so late even at 6:30. I stress about people feeling like I am invading there personal time. I know it's not too late, but I am always afraid of making someone mad.

pamperedposey said:
I used to have no problem calling people until 8:30 at night. Now that it's dark so early it feels so late even at 6:30. I stress about people feeling like I am invading there personal time. I know it's not too late, but I am always afraid of making someone mad.

that's my problem too!! i stress calling because i don't to bother people, even if they ask me to call. lol

I get home from work at 4 so if I know people who I can get ahold at that time, I'll make calls until 5. Then in the evening, I try to start at 7 and work until 9 if needed. I've never heard from anyone who was mad when I called that late. I've had a few moms who ask me to call that late cause the kids are in bed.

I will usually call until 9. I am really trying to get in the habit of asking two things (1) is there a number I can reach you at during the day and (2) HOW LATE can I call you? Some say 9...others say ELEVEN!! Then, I make sure that I notate how late I can call them. If I don't have a note on them, I don't call past 9:00.

ETA: Now, my problem is that Evan's bedtime is 8:00 and recently (past 2-3 months) it has taken me almost till 9:00 to get him in bed and to sleep! So...no more evening call times for me and it is killing my business!

I'll call until 8:45...my kids are in bed at 8PM so that gives me plenty of time to call...I always ask if I caught them in the middle of something. If I have, I ask when I can call back - usually they are willing to chat for a couple of minutes regardless of the answer.

On the other hand, I do most of my calls during the daytime. If someone works during the day and can't be disturbed I usually get that info at our 1st meeting.

I don't call after 8 pm because I DO NOT LIKE to get business calls after that time. That's just about the only time during the day that I get to relax.

I call up until 9 or 9:30PM, but I always start by asking if it's a good time to call.

I call up till 9:30 too. Often it is the only time I can catch them home.

I try to remember to ask what time's best. If I don't know, I'll call until about 8:30. If I have permission to do so, I'll call until 9:30. And when I am sitting down to make several calls, I try to sort them by call time so I don't get to an 8:30 person at 9:15.

AZPampered Chef said:
I don't call after 8 pm because I DO NOT LIKE to get business calls after that time. That's just about the only time during the day that I get to relax.
I'm sort of like that...if someone calls after 9PM they run the chance of waking my DH up...we're early birds so we get up about 5:00-5:30AM. If it were someone calling me to schedule a jewelry (or whatever) show with them I would be mad.

I usually do my calls from 7-8. Most people are sitting down to watch their favorite TV shows at 8:00 and don't want to be bothered. I agree that I would not want any business calls after 8. That also reminds me, yesterday morning Sprint called me to tell me that I won a free phone (yeah, right) at 8:30 in the morning. That irritates the heck out of me when I get a call like that before 9. Like everyone said, just ask when would be a good time to call and jot it down.

I call until 9pm -- unless I have their permission to call later.

As far as worrying about calling during dinner, I have had people eating dinner anywhere from 4pm until 9pm -- so trying to avoid dinner time would mean not calling. I know when we are eating we just let the machine pick up.

I don't make any calls before 10:00a during my day calls. My evening calls are between 7:00p - 9:00p.

I make my calls anytime between 7 and 9. I haven't had any problems yet.

I did recently have someone mad at me when I called at 8. I met her at a fair & when I called to talk to her, she told me that I need to call earlier during the day because her family was getting ready for bed. My problem is that so many people want to be called during the day now & I can't find the time to do it. I only like to call when it's naptime, but it's hard to get the four kids I have here asleep at the same time since 2 are under 6 months. I'm personally too tired after 8 to call & don't want to disturb people who are relaxing.

someone mad at me when I called at 8

That's the thing, people have different schedules and work nights, days, evenings. So I have to ask if it's a good time. I'm no mind reader.

If I am randomly calling, I try after 8pm first, because so many people are HOME then, and I'm relaxed and smiling. If I call between 6-7PM they are busy with dinner, or out at meetings with older kids until 8-8:30pm.

If I have a best time to contact, I use that, of course...why do I forget to ask that when I first talk to them?

Last edited:

Related to Optimal Customer Service Call Times: Tips and Recommendations

1. What is "What Time to Call Until?"

"What Time to Call Until?" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to schedule a time for a Pampered Chef consultant to call them at their convenience.

2. How do I schedule a call using "What Time to Call Until?"

To schedule a call, simply visit our website and click on the "Schedule a Call" button. From there, you will be prompted to select a date and time that works best for you. Once your request is submitted, a Pampered Chef consultant will confirm your call within 24 hours.

3. Is there a fee for using "What Time to Call Until?"

No, there is no fee for using "What Time to Call Until?" It is a complimentary service offered by Pampered Chef to make it easier for our customers to connect with a consultant.

4. Can I reschedule or cancel a call using "What Time to Call Until?"

Yes, you can easily reschedule or cancel your call by logging into your account on our website. Simply select the "Reschedule" or "Cancel" option next to your scheduled call and follow the prompts.

5. How long will it take for a consultant to call me using "What Time to Call Until?"

A consultant will call you at the scheduled time you selected. If you do not receive a call within 10 minutes of your scheduled time, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmickey1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PCMomto4