• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House: Make Raspberry Fool Fun on April 1st!

In summary, Stephanie is thinking of doing a Fool's Gold promotion where she will pay the sales tax for orders over $40.
raebates
Staff member
I have a show scheduled for April 1. It's an open house, so I won't be doing any real demo/talk. I'm planning to make a Raspberry Fool. Anyone have any great ideas to help make this especially fun?

TIA! :balloon:

What's a Raspberry Fool?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h226/MizJudy/cheeky-smiley-022.gif

Is this a raspberry fool? (get it? a raspberry blowing raspberry colored fool?) wow...I must be tired! :)

Seriously, what is a raspberry fool? :angel:

Play a game like Balderguest (sp) - about the PC products - true or false - the winner gets a prize -

OK - lets get rolling on the game - unless there is one out there - I will put my thinking cap on tomorrow - Its retired for the evening!

A Fool is the English name for something like a Trifle, usually whipped cream and fruit.

How about a game that uses a Dunce Cap. I'm kind of thinking like the game show ... if you don't think your opponent knows the answer, put the dunce cap on them ... they have to answer ... and then you have to wear it!

dannyzmom said:
What's a Raspberry Fool?

straitfan said:
A Fool is the English name for something like a Trifle, usually whipped cream and fruit.

Close. Basically a Raspberry Fool is macerated raspberries mixed with whipped cream.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. You take a bunch of raspberries, and set half of them aside. You mash the other half, strain them, mix the juice with orange liqueur (or OJ), and then mix in the rest of the berries and let them sit over night. The next morning you mix the berry mix with freshly whipped cream.

I've heard lots of theories as to why this is called a fool. My favorite is that it looks rich and decadent but tastes light--the perfect ending to a big meal.

Back to the topic at hand. A game won't necessarily work, since it's an open house with people coming and going as they like.Anyone else?Anyone?Anyone?Sorry, I was scarred by repeated viewings of Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

How about another April theme - tax break? Everyone who books an April show has their guests' tax paid for by you. Sure it eats into your commission, but 10-15% of $$ is better than 20-24% of 0, right?

You could call it Fool's Gold ... maybe pay tax on any order over $50 or on the order of anyone who agrees to book a show?

Di_Can_Cook said:
You could call it Fool's Gold ... maybe pay tax on any order over $50 or on the order of anyone who agrees to book a show?
But call it Iron-pie-write...because the price your write is sooo sweet. Maybe most people don't know the technical name for fools gold.

Thanks! Love, love, love the idea. I think I'll offer to pay the tax for anyone who orders at least $40, since it's the 4th month. That will encourage larger orders, tie it in with the theme a bit, and cut my losses.Stephanie, I love the Iron-pie-write idea, but I'm afraid I'd spend the entire evening explaining it. Besides, with the April Fools theme, I think I'll do a little sign that says:
(You're no)
Fool's Gold

You're no fool--save some gold.
Order $40 or more
(product total before s/h)
and I'll pay your sales tax!

Sounds like a great idea Rae! Good luck with it!

raebates said:
Thanks! Love, love, love the idea. I think I'll offer to pay the tax for anyone who orders at least $40, since it's the 4th month. That will encourage larger orders, tie it in with the theme a bit, and cut my losses.

Stephanie, I love the Iron-pie-write idea, but I'm afraid I'd spend the entire evening explaining it. Besides, with the April Fools theme, I think I'll do a little sign that says:

(You're no)
Fool's Gold

You're no fool--save some gold.
Order $40 or more
(product total before s/h)
and I'll pay your sales tax!
I love that!! I agree it is best to do a no brainer... people don't want to think at a party...

1. What is an Open House?

An Open House is an event where we invite our customers and friends to come and experience our products in a fun and relaxed setting. It's a great opportunity to try out new recipes, learn about kitchen tools, and connect with others who share a love for cooking and baking.

2. When and where is the Open House taking place?

The Open House: Make Raspberry Fool Fun on April 1st! will take place on April 1st at our Pampered Chef showroom located at 123 Main Street. We will have two sessions, one at 10am and another at 2pm.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Open House?

No, our Open House events are free for all to attend. We want to share the joy of cooking and baking with as many people as possible!

4. What will be happening at the Open House?

At the Open House, we will be featuring our new Raspberry Fool recipe and demonstrating how to make it using our Pampered Chef tools. You will also have the opportunity to try the recipe and see the tools in action. Additionally, we will have special discounts on select products and a chance to win a prize!

5. Do I need to RSVP for the Open House?

Yes, we highly recommend RSVPing for the Open House to secure your spot as space is limited. You can RSVP by emailing us at [email address] or by calling our showroom at 555-1234. We can't wait to see you there!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mochef