• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House: Come and Go or Demo???

In summary, an open house is a great way to get bookings, but make sure to plan for attendance and make sure to have a plan for what to do if it doesn't meet expectations.
amerrigan
I am planning an open house for October to get some bookings (I have none on my calender, freeking out a little bit!). We also moved into a new neigborhood in July and so I am going to invite the entire block. Shoud I extend it to furhter then just my block???

My actual question is what have you found that works...doing a come and go set up or an actual demo that has a start and end time??? I did a HWC open house (come and go)...and 1 person showed up. Last year I did a sit down demo with beginning and end time...and had about 10 people show up.

What has worked for others?? My point is to get bookings...not worried about sales.

Any ideas would be extremly helpful.

I have had horrible luck with open houses. Mine have always had a start and end time. My director said to do a mystery host party, and have two different times it will be happening. Choose like Friday night and Saturday afternoon, so people have a different choice of day or time. That apparently increases attendance!

So she pretty much did two demo open houses at different times???

I am not sure if she did demos or not. She just said that you have two, then call the guests and ask them which one they will be able to make it to. If they still can't come ask when you can drop off a catalog.

I have found that a mystery hostess show goes over really well. I would invite your neighborhood, plus past hosts that haven't hosted in awhile; as well as those people that have maybe booked but haven't set dates yet. People always love the idea that they can win something; and winning free products always entices them;)

So with a mystery hostess...do you do the drawing at the time of the open house or do it later and call whoever won???

amerrigan said:
So with a mystery hostess...do you do the drawing at the time of the open house or do it later and call whoever won???

I too am wondering this about the mystery host...my other question with the mystery host is, say you have a terrible turn out or maybe you have people show up but you don't get $150 in orders...what do you do? Because people are now expecting someone to be drawn for the winnings...do you somehow advertise that there will only be a mystery host drawing if the sale are above $150?? I just want to be prepared for all scenarios!

I am also wondering if the Pampered Pool raffle would work well for an open house. People could buy squares for two dollars and then I could draw a winner to win the amount of $ sold. Again, what if I don't have enough orders to make a show? I would still have to do this drawing because I would already have everyone's money...would you just submit it as an individual order and eat the higher shipping cost??

I am not planning on having a bad turnout but I have some negative things on this site about open house attendance and I recently attended an open house that my recruiter did and she had a few poeple show up but not many ordered. I just want to be prepared and don't want to be out a lot of money. What do you think??

good thread, cause i am new to my neighborhood and was thinking of doing "meet the neighbors" pampered chef party(its a new subdivision so everyone is new). wasn't really sure what to do at it, but i was planning on doing a demo of some sort. i'm afraid most will show up to REALLY meet the neighbors and not care about the demo. any recipes, flyers or advice would be appreciated.:D

I told everyone that the mystery host applied only when sales are over $150. People knew that it had to be reached for a chance to win. Everyone shipped in to get it to $200 and then one person won. I have also heard of people having a gift on hand (appox. $10 value) just in case no benefits are reached. I did the drawing after everyone ordered, and it was only among ordering guests. Everyone can afford something, even if it is just a citris peeler!

In the past, I have done the drawing at the show, after they all order. That way everyone else also knows who won, and they all get excited for that person. You have to do everything you tell your hosts to do. Over invite, do reminder calls, etc....that way you will have a good turn out & you don't have to worry about not reaching the minimum order! I think having a gift on hand just in case is a good idea though.
You could also read the threads on the bingo shows; I have found those really popular for my open houses lately. You could also have one of the prizes be the mystery host too...

I do 2 open houses a year, 2- 4 on Sundays
yesterday I had 23 people come, sales are at $975
I send an evite from my website, follow up with the people who haven't opened it with a postcard invitation. I tell them I'm deep discounting (20 - 75% ) off discontinued products and products I want out of my invemtory closet. Others are at full price. Some of these are products I've earned some from when I've had catalog shows.
I had even amount of orders for new products & cash and carry. I also tell them no shipping on cash & carry.
I do not demo anything! I have all food premade and out on my counters
Teresa

I would have everything made ahead of time, too. Maybe some stations where guests can try products out.

I was thinking of having an open house at the community building in Nov. ,but am having problems with the details. With being new, I am unsure on some of the RULES. Are you allowed to advertise an open house with door prizes, food, recipes, holiday ideas, etc in the newspaper? or on flyers to post around town like Wal-Mart, grocery stores etc.... Reading all of you posts has been a big help to me!! as I have been lurking for 2 months .... Thanks

Go onto CC, then Promoting your business tab, then advertising and publicity policies. This outlines what you can and can't do, straight from HO!

Thanks Gillian, I'll try that.

When I did my open house last month I did not do any demo I just had the food made up ahead of time, this was mostly because I was wanting to be able to connect with each guest through out the whole open house.;)

I think having potatoes or carrots available for guests to "play" with the tools is a real selling point!

1. What is an "Open House" event?

An Open House event is a casual gathering where guests can come and go as they please, without a set schedule or program. It is an opportunity for guests to learn about Pampered Chef products, see product demonstrations, and sample delicious food while having a great time with friends and family.

2. Can I bring guests to the Open House?

Of course! The more the merrier. Feel free to invite your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers to come and join the fun at our Open House event. Just make sure to RSVP so we can plan accordingly.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend the Open House event. It is completely free for all guests. However, if you wish to make a purchase, you can do so during the event.

4. Do I need to stay for the entire event?

No, you are welcome to come and go as you please during the Open House. You can stay for as little or as long as you'd like. We understand that everyone has busy schedules, so feel free to pop in whenever you can.

5. Will there be food and drinks at the Open House?

Yes! There will be plenty of delicious food and drinks for guests to enjoy at the Open House. Our consultants will also be showcasing some of our kitchen tools and appliances by preparing tasty recipes for everyone to try. Come hungry and ready to eat!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• southernmommie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Sara Dawn