• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

onSharks, Lynchings and Good People

In summary, the speaker expresses gratitude to those who have reached out in the past few days and explains their personal experience with a similar situation in another organization. They are disappointed in the behavior of some members who participated in a recent lynching, but are grateful for the support of others in the community. The speaker also mentions restoring their profile picture in honor of a fellow member and the topic being closed on the community forum.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Thanks to all of you who have written in the last couple of days. I feel that I owe you all a note of explanation. I was stunned by members of this community over the weekend because I've seen this all before.

For many, many years, I belonged to an organization that was social and supposed to be fun. All the members were from diverse backgrounds but all were linked by a strong common interest. (Sound familiar?) I made a lot of friends, we had great times, we shared a lot and it was a good place to be. After thirty years of membership, one small-minded idiot took it upon himself to destroy a fellow member, all over some minor transgression that he exploded into disproportionate size. He started his campaign with innuendo, rumors, false truths and fabricated evidence. He became a shark and developed a school of fellow sharks and they waited for just the right opportunity to attack. It took about six months to set it all up but when he launched his offensive, he successfully destroyed a fellow member's reputation. The feeding frenzy of his sharks triggered a lynch mob of name-calling and a bonfire of trumpted up charges. Using his well-planned character assasination, he not only drove that member out but he also succeeded in drivng many of us out and wound up ruining an organization that had been in place for over 50 years. While shards of it still exist, it will never be the same.

That destruction took months.

Here, it only took hours.

Those of you, and you know who you are, that participated in Saturday night's lynching should all be ashamed of yourselves. You almost ruined one of the last places I had to go and enjoy cammaradarie with fellow Cheffers. You've reprehensible behavior took it all away and I doubt that I will ever be able to view this place the same way again.

That train wreck has attracted 388 posts and over 8,500 views so far. I'm stunned by those statistics.

Even though I have put all of the sharks (and those of you who just piled on for the fun of it) on ignore and I will never have to read your venomnous spew again, or anything else you might have to say, just seeing your names brings it all back. Those of you who are directors are the most surprising. You're supposed to be the leaders and set an example for the rest of us - some example.

Don't even think of attempting to defend your behavior by attempting to blame it on your victim. Whether she was right or wrong does not matter. NO FELLOW HUMAN BEING deserves the kind of treatment you were dishing out Saturday night.

I'm ashamed of all of you. I'm ashamed you're part of this community. Even moreso, it sickens me to be associated with you, not only in this community, but in this company. You don't deserve to be a part of a compassionate organization like this.

If it weren't for the good people up here, encouraging me to come back, I would have dropped my membership to CS and left forever. I was ready to just leave but it is obvious that there are far more good people up here than narrow-minded sharks. You good folks have me feeling a lot better today and I realize that perhaps the good people will drive the Saturday Night Sharks out of the community instead of the other way around.

I've restored my photo AV in honor of Darby, who not only created the AV for me, at my request, but put it on a shirt. If that annoys the Saturday Night Sharks, especially the restoration of my AV, all the better.

AMEN! Thank you, KG.

Well said, KG. I'm glad you're back!

what the heck am I missing? What happened?

1. What is the purpose of "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People"?

The purpose of "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" is to educate people on the importance of standing up against injustice and promoting equality.

2. How does "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" tie into Pampered Chef's mission?

Pampered Chef believes in making a positive impact in the world and promoting inclusivity. "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" aligns with this mission by promoting awareness and taking a stand against discrimination and inequality.

3. Who is the target audience for "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People"?

The target audience for "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" is anyone who wants to learn more about societal issues and how they can make a difference in promoting equality and justice.

4. Is "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" available in multiple languages?

Currently, "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" is only available in English. However, there are plans to translate the material into other languages in the future.

5. How can I support "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" and its message?

One way to support "onSharks, Lynchings and Good People" is by sharing the material with others and promoting awareness. You can also join in on discussions and take action to promote equality and justice in your own community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Ish
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies