• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Only One Consultant per Festival?

In summary, some festivals limit how many PCs are allowed to be at a booth, and this may just be their rule, not PC's. It is not a PC policy.
PamperedLady1979
Hello!
I'm still a bit new and was wondering if this is true?

I applied for a booth at this years Mint Festival in my town. Well, they sent my application and check back saying that in their "past experience they know that PC only allows one consultant per festival".

Has anyone ever come across this?

Just wondering....

Thanks!

I've heard of venues limiting it to one per ds company but not PC doing it. But then again, I'm new so maybe I am just not aware of that.
God bless,
Amanda

They may mean that they only allow one PC booth per festival, fair etc. And this may just be their rule, I doubt it's PC's. I know a few other PCer's and I did a booth at a base and there were two Tupperware consultants at two different booths. I really thought there was going to be some bloodshed, as they were both basically trying to get sales and parties etc.

Our base also does a twice yearly home base business fair and they only use the same consultant every time. It's a little annoying.

Thanks! I was just curious if this was really a PC thing. I think it's probably just the festival committee trying to avoid conflict and attempting to lay the blame on someone else. It's no big deal, just a bit annoying since I'm trying to get my business going and the lady thathas the booth is from 4 towns away.

It is NOT Pc rule. I called and asked this summer when myself and someone else both had applications accepted for booths at the same event. Some events have that as THEIR own rule. Two booths for PC could be a good thing. It would show that our company is strong and has room for more growth. At my event the other PC told me to back out. This was my town's biggest yearly event. No way! The other chose not to have 2 of us and they backed out. And chooses to ignore me now. (We're not in the same cluster).

It's NOT a PC policy. It is for some companies, but not for ours. I participate in a 300+ booth event and there was already a PC consultant there. I'm sure she'd prefer that I'm not there, but I do extremely well and always have several people tell me that they appreciate that I'm there. I tend to have more stuff and have cash n carry. Plus, I have a friend that helps me and we are just super happy and friendly and don't even have chairs to sit in. The other consultant barely smiles and sits most of the time. Plus, people don't even get to all of the booths.Anyway...I contacted PC to get it in writing since the organizer of the event requested that for the wrath that she expected from this consultant (who evidently complains a lot). I would contact them again, just to verify b/c it's possible they were told by a consultant that it's PC policy even though it's not true.

Julie...TOO funny. I had the same thing! She tried to intimidate me into not coming back the first time. I told her that it's a good thing there are enough people for both of us b/c I sure was busy! I always get bookings that happen right away and new customers. I love it! This will be my 4th year and I'm doing better each time.

I personally will not do a fair if their is another PC consultant, even if the organizers allow it. I don't want to waste my time for half the leads.

DebbieJ said:
I personally will not do a fair if their is another PC consultant, even if the organizers allow it. I don't want to waste my time for half the leads.

Same here!

I dont have much fair experience, but it seems worth the effort if it results in one new team member or show line. I've only done two so far. One was a total embarassment (maybe 30 attendees all day); the other resulted in a new team member (and friend), a booking that has led to mulitple shows, and a drawing winner who booked two shows whose subsequent bookings are still going strong (and introduced me to another team member).

I know that the Farmer's Markets I am involved in only allow 1 for each DS company, and also, they will allow me first dibs on next year, before they open it to others. I appreciate the loyalty. One said they only allow several fresh produce (5-6) and they can not allow them to be next to each other, because fights break out. I htink it is funny!!!

Well, speaking as one who does a lot of booths, and has done this for almost 9 years, it is not a PC rule but it should be. It is very frustrating to get to a venue and find another PC booth there--if I know about it I will not waste my time.

Nanisu said:
Well, speaking as one who does a lot of booths, and has done this for almost 9 years, it is not a PC rule but it should be. It is very frustrating to get to a venue and find another PC booth there--if I know about it I will not waste my time.

Yes exactly! It's so frustrating when organizers don't let you know that they'll allow more than one. Some of them just want the $$ from the booths and don't care about much else. As I'm sure all of you have discovered after having that happen once - it's always good to ask the organizer if they limit it to only one booth of each company.:)

I was thinking that it wouldn't be a good idea either for there to be 2 consultants, but it IS a big festival, and it IS in my home town-not hers so I might try to convince them to let me set up a booth there. It would be nice to find some leads close to home rather than having to drive so far (my last show was 45 minutes from home).On second thought...I don't want to cause any trouble with her so I may just find out how soon I can submit my app. for next year and hopefully get to it first.

DebbieJ said:

As Jules said, it's not the event, but the person that makes it happen. If you have a bright personality, you are sure to do great. The other PC that chose not to participate, missed many opportunities. 1/2 the leads is 1/2 more than she would have had. With the 3 of us over the 2 days, we booked on our calendars 15 shows! And each had about 30 leads to follow up with. I just signed one of my catalog show host this week. Well worth it!

I haven't run into any events where they have had 2 consultants as 1 per co is pretty much the rule around here. I am not really concerned with half the leads or whatever, but more that it will confuse customers. I usually tend to offer extras at these type of events, and I've actually heard of them going between the two asking "well this consultant will give me this...what will you give me?"

I think it completely depends on the event. With 300 or more booths, people don't even know there are two. It's a little exhausting as a customer. I actually will have over 100 people that I actively talk to and have sign up for the door prize (I don't let everyone). I also know several people walk by b/c there isn't even room for ME in my booth. I set up a bigger booth in a prime location. I have a very nice display and also live in the town of the fair. If the same person comes year after year after year, why shouldn't I have a shot? I followed up with someone that actually had her catalog (unknown to me) that had indicated she'd like to do a show. She booked with me b/c the other one hadn't followed up with her.

Also, why shouldn't people have a choice? I met two CM consultants (they actually don't allow that but it was a mix-up) and I decided to work with one. She is a great friend now. Investing lots of time helping me reorganize my office and house one section at a time...whoohoo! Had she not been there and I didn't have the choice, I may not know her now.

Of course, if it's 50 vendors or less...well, that's different!

Nanisu said:

I agree - I helped one of my new recruits set up a booth at a local fair 2 years ago, and she was all gung-ho, until she saw the 4 other PC booths located within 2 blocks of hers!! (It was an 8-block fair - a big street fair that brings thousands every year). I was so upset for her, and I think it set the tone for the rest of her PC career - she let it bog her down so much that she ended up going inactive shortly after that.

I always ask first, and if there is already a PC rep there, oh, well - I'll try next time!

1. What does "Only One Consultant per Festival" mean?

"Only One Consultant per Festival" means that only one Pampered Chef consultant is allowed to participate and sell products at a particular festival or event. This rule ensures fairness and avoids competition between multiple consultants at the same venue.

2. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party at a festival if there is already a consultant present?

No, only one consultant is allowed per festival. This rule applies to all consultants, including those who wish to host a party or sell products at the event. If there is already a consultant present, you will not be able to host a party or sell products at that particular festival.

3. Why is there a limit of one consultant per festival?

The limit of one consultant per festival ensures a fair and equal opportunity for all Pampered Chef consultants. It also helps to maintain a positive and professional reputation for the company at events.

4. Can I switch with another consultant if I am unable to attend the festival?

No, switching with another consultant is not allowed. The limit of one consultant per festival applies to the entire event, even if a consultant is unable to attend. This rule helps to maintain fairness and avoid conflict between consultants.

5. What happens if I accidentally sign up for a festival that already has a consultant present?

If you accidentally sign up for a festival that already has a consultant present, please contact your team leader or Pampered Chef customer service immediately. They will assist you in finding a different festival to participate in. It is important to respect the "Only One Consultant per Festival" rule to maintain a positive and professional reputation for the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • higoobs
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies