• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Get More Bookings for Your Final Party Without Sounding Desperate?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of getting bookings for parties without sounding desperate. Various tips and tricks were shared, such as offering incentives for guests to book a party, using stoneware products as a selling point, and utilizing flyers and gift bags to encourage bookings. The importance of involving the host in the booking process was also emphasized. Overall, the group shared helpful strategies for increasing party bookings.
Jenni
This Sunday I have my last scheduled Party. It looks like its going to be a big one too:) I really want bookings.... in six months I have never had to pick up the phone they have just happened. So anyone have any tips or tricks to get bookings without sounding desperate???
I don't mind spending a little out of pocket to get bookings...like book a show and at your show I will give you X
Help.....

This is what Nancy Jo does at her shows. She holds a cookbook up, and tells everyone for those who pick a date tonight for their show, they will get to chose a cookbook free at their show. That is her gift for them holding the date. They have 48 hours to call her to change the date, and they still get the cookbook.

that' s a great idea, and if works for her, you know it is good!

I'm going to give it a try...

Jenni, are you doing anything w/the DCB?

That is why the majority of my guests who book want to, because they want that baker. Cook up some chicken breasts in it or something and show them how it works, esp if you think this is going to be a big show...even if you get bookings for Nov and nothing for Oct you will have some money for Christmas. TELL THEM they can get it for $26! I'm sure you'll get some takers!

I "give it to God" and He has always provided.

chefsteph07 said:
Jenni, are you doing anything w/the DCB?That is why the majority of my guests who book want to, because they want that baker. Cook up some chicken breasts in it or something and show them how it works, esp if you think this is going to be a big show...even if you get bookings for Nov and nothing for Oct you will have some money for Christmas. TELL THEM they can get it for $26! I'm sure you'll get some takers!
I had a party Sunday (did chicken fajitas) 7 people came 5 bought bakers... no bookings! :yuck: Great sales but no takers on a booking!

Jenni said:
I had a party Sunday (did chicken fajitas) 7 people came 5 bought bakers... no bookings! :yuck: Great sales but no takers on a booking!

Just tell them about the Nov special, I bet a few of those people will wait a month to get it for the discount rather than buy it outright.

chefsteph07 said:
Just tell them about the Nov special, I bet a few of those people will wait a month to get it for the discount rather than buy it outright.

Am I miss understanding Nov special? I thought it was only on the unglazed.... this is one time I would be happy to be wrong ;)

The unglazed is the guest special- 20% off. The hostess specal is all stoneware, 60% off 1 item .

mrssyvo said:
The unglazed is the guest special- 20% off. The hostess specal is all stoneware, 60% off 1 item .

Oh.... I so didn't read the fine print I guess! My show this Sunday is the BBQ pork in the DCB I will have to work that in!!

The stoneware is select items at 60% off. It is all the unglazed stonware and the deep covered baker.

Have you seen the Show Must Go On Flyer? That's a great way to get the host involved with helping you get bookings, so she can continue to reap benefits from her show. I'm also offering an additional 10% for hosts who have a booking for me when I walk throught the door at the booked show when it is held.
One other idea: get a gift bag and write a date on the outside that you really want to book. Go to the dollar store and get cups, plates, cutlery and napkins--it's a show in a bag, and whoever books that date doesn't even have to buy party supplies. These are all helping me out right now--hope they work for you!

lisagoins said:
Have you seen the Show Must Go On Flyer? That's a great way to get the host involved with helping you get bookings, so she can continue to reap benefits from her show. I'm also offering an additional 10% for hosts who have a booking for me when I walk throught the door at the booked show when it is held.
One other idea: get a gift bag and write a date on the outside that you really want to book. Go to the dollar store and get cups, plates, cutlery and napkins--it's a show in a bag, and whoever books that date doesn't even have to buy party supplies. These are all helping me out right now--hope they work for you!

These sound like easy ideas I could use as well as the cookbook for booking and holding the date. I am looking for anything to help. I am new and need as many bookings as I can get.

Oh, here's another idea I've been trying--I've had some luck with it--I call it my Bonus Booking Dollar Dates. I choose about 4 dates I really want to book at the beginning of the month, and I offer a large round stone with handles or a food chopper for the price of the number of the date--ex--book on the fourth and get stone/chopper for $4. I send it out in a special email, and offer the first person who responds free ingredients. Just another idea--gotta keep trying until someting works, use it until it doesn't and then move on to something else!!--Lisa

I have found that when I offer lots of incentives (dollar days, etc) I appear desperate, and then no one books. Lately, I have been blessed with a pretty full calendar, and that has really helped booking the rest of my open dates, because I can honestly say, I only have 2 dates left in October, 4 dates left in November- and then they really want one of those dates, because they figure, "wow, she must be good, if she is in such demand" I do not think I am any better at my shows than the next consultant, but people want to do shows with what they percieve as a successful consultant. Last year, when I was stuggling for bookings, really struggling, it came across in my booking talks and cc calls, and no one wanted anything to do with me. Take a look at your approach, and see if you may be mistaken as desperate. Do a "practice call" with your Dh or director, and ask their opinion. Maybe distort the truth a bit, and say , "I have these 2 dates open in October"

mrssyvo said:

Posting to make sure everyone understands.

The guest special is 20% off the unglazed pieces - they can order as many as they want.

The host special is 60% off one piece of unglazed stoneware or the Deep Covered Baker only - none of the other cranberry stones are included in this special. They get to choose two pieces at 60% off if the show is $500 or more.

Hosts can also buy all the unglazed pieces they want starting at 20% off and then using their other host benefits (50% off, free and show discount). So an $800 show would give the host a chance to get two at 60% off and unlimited unglazed stones at about 50% off.

Beth, Thank you for explaining. I did not look at the special closely. I am sorry if I misled anyone. I did not catch that it was not all glazed pieces, just the DCB. I wonder why it is different this time.

mrssyvo said:
Beth, Thank you for explaining. I did not look at the special closely. I am sorry if I misled anyone. I did not catch that it was not all glazed pieces, just the DCB. I wonder why it is different this time.

I thought the same thing when I first read it too and am disappointed that it's not all the stones. They change things up all the time - maybe the inventory on the other glazed stones isn't as high as the ones on sale?

mrssyvo said:
I have found that when I offer lots of incentives (dollar days, etc) I appear desperate, and then no one books. Lately, I have been blessed with a pretty full calendar, and that has really helped booking the rest of my open dates, because I can honestly say, I only have 2 dates left in October, 4 dates left in November- and then they really want one of those dates, because they figure, "wow, she must be good, if she is in such demand" I do not think I am any better at my shows than the next consultant, but people want to do shows with what they percieve as a successful consultant. Last year, when I was stuggling for bookings, really struggling, it came across in my booking talks and cc calls, and no one wanted anything to do with me. Take a look at your approach, and see if you may be mistaken as desperate. Do a "practice call" with your Dh or director, and ask their opinion. Maybe distort the truth a bit, and say , "I have these 2 dates open in October"

This is very true, I am extrememly busy in the fall months and I actually had a host call me last FEB to book for this Nov because she couldn't get in with me last year when she wanted! So, if people really know that you fill up fast, it will give them more incentive to book. I also take my calendar w/ me and try to book on the spot, so when I open it up, they can SEE that I am not just "saying" I'm busy...it gets them moving!

BethCooks4U said:
I thought the same thing when I first read it too and am disappointed that it's not all the stones. They change things up all the time - maybe the inventory on the other glazed stones isn't as high as the ones on sale?

I'm pretty disappointed too, but I still think it's a decent selection...

What is "One Last Party! Empty Calendar"?

"One Last Party! Empty Calendar" is a Pampered Chef party theme that encourages customers to host one final party before the end of their current catalogue season. It is a fun and engaging way to help customers close out their current catalogue and prepare for the new one.

How do I host a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party?

To host a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in this theme. They will work with you to set a date and time for the party and provide you with all the necessary materials.

What are the benefits of hosting a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party?

Hosting a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party allows you to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef, as well as exclusive host rewards. It is also a great opportunity to get together with friends and family and have a fun and interactive cooking experience.

What products can I expect to see at a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party?

At a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products, including new and popular items from the current catalogue. Your consultant will also showcase upcoming products from the new catalogue, giving you a sneak peek at what's to come.

Can I still order from the current catalogue at a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party?

Yes, you can still place orders for products from the current catalogue at a "One Last Party! Empty Calendar" party. Your consultant will have all the necessary materials and order forms available for you to make purchases. This is a great opportunity to snag any products you may have missed during the catalogue season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sperts
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • JennyJennJen