• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg I Just Saw My Friend on "So You Think You've Got Talent"!

In summary, the conversation was about the TV show "So You Think You Can Dance" and the different acts that appeared on the show. The conversation touched on topics such as an 11-year-old girl with an incredible voice, a former Russian performer named Leonid, striptease acts that were deemed inappropriate for a family show, and two people who were known by the participants in the conversation. One of the people known by the participants was a friend who auditioned for the show, and the other was a girl who used to be in the movie "Annie." The conversation also mentioned the judges' comments, including one judge who suggested that the 11-year-old girl change her appearance in order to win. Overall, the conversation
AJPratt
Silver Member
I almost fell off my chair!

What was their "talent"?

lol...did you know she/he was going on??

Who? I'm watching now!

Who was she I saw most of the show till I had to change to Now you think you can Dance

Tell me it was NOT the former Russian dude with the wings and next to nothing else!!:eek:Leea

That show had me laughing my you know what off last night - especially those boys clogging to Usher.
Where do they find these people? Which one was your friend???

Did you see that 11 year old girl sing last night OMG she was sooooo good. I have never heard a voice like that come out of an 11 year old.

Was your friend the stripper?? I was cracking up when I saw how pissed Brandy was!!

gilliandanielle said:
Was your friend the stripper?? I was cracking up when I saw how pissed Brandy was!!

I was just as upset as Brandy! My 11 yr old son was sitting next to me when "Snow White Stripper" came out! They had an OLD man stripper last week or the week before. I have decided I'm not going to watch that anymore. IMO doing a striptease is NOT a talent to be given 1 million dollars for (the 11 yr old redhead....WOW, she deserves it!!) Stripping has no place on TV during hours that children are up....on HBO maybe but not a major network show.

Even my son commented...."Why would they want to give her 1 million dollars for THAT?" :D

I totollay agree with the stripping thing There is no talent in that I didnt see that part since I was surfing the web but my husband was pretty mad especially since they let bith strippers through.

i think its pretty disgusting myself but i look at it like this. they need a few easy eliminations and i really believe they will be the easy targets. i mean c'mon how many people wanna see an old man strip down to his undies???? i wont be letting my kids watch the show either.

I actually knew two people on that show last night! My friend auditioned and they called her back a few times, but she didn't make it to TV. I guess she really didn't embarrass herself like some of the others. She is a nutty lady though. It was the part where they were asking contestants what they do for money and she was the lady with gray hair and a hat and she said "I'm a mime, a clown, sell vintage clothing, make jewelry, wash cars." She usually has bright purple hair, but must've worn a wig. She really is an amazing woman. She survived breast cancer TWICE, faced two mastectamies at different times and has MS. Amazing woman!

The other person I "knew" was a girl I went to school with. She just sang into the camera and they played it once or twice. You may remember her from the movie "Annie". He name is Toni Gisondi and she played "Molly", the youngest orphan. She was on there, too. Although I can't brag about her because she wouldn't know me if she ran right into me.

OK... Leonid... He was very moving. Although peoplemay not "get" him, you could feel his passion. He was touching to watch, and what he said broke my heart. The strippers. OK... I'm not going to belittle adult dancers. Anyone who makes an honest living is OK with me, but to put them on a family show? Not OK.

the russian guy was amazing!!! I was so excited when they finally passed him. he showed alot of heart, dedication and passion.....thats how you win things in life!!

Leonid was a sweetheart!

Nothing against his performance or personality - it was just quite the 'get up'! I didn't see or hear all of what he said, I was in a room full of people and not close enough to hear all of what he said.

I didn't see much of it, mostly just the stripper because it caught DH's eye when he was surfing. I did see the little girl singing though. I thought it was sad when the british guy said change everything about your appearance and you'll win. I know it is show business, but she is still and 11 year girl with self esteem.

gilliandanielle said:
I know it is show business, but she is still and 11 year girl with self esteem.

You are so right!

AJPratt said:
You are so right!

Ditto :) He could have made those suggestions off camera to her dad.

Anne....I seem to have a habit of following behind you on your posts and agreeing with everything you say! I'm going to have to look you up at conference, you must be VERY smart :) <<ha ha>>

Well, what can I say? Great minds think alike! I'm trying to post a picture so people will have some idea of what I look like.

You should do that Anne! I have little pictures of people in my head that are probably totally off!! You have short brown hair and I remember you saying once that you were.....uhhhhh......larger on top!?? Is that even close to being right!?? When Debbie posted her pic I couldn't believe it, and you can barely see Andrea in her family pic so I made her a face in my head!! LOL!!

gilliandanielle said:
You should do that Anne! I have little pictures of people in my head that are probably totally off!! You have short brown hair and I remember you saying once that you were.....uhhhhh......larger on top!?? Is that even close to being right!?? When Debbie posted her pic I couldn't believe it, and you can barely see Andrea in her family pic so I made her a face in my head!! LOL!!
:eek: OMG! Everyone always thinks I have brown hair, its funny. I am blonde, naturall, thankyouverymuch! Sorry, can't help it. People always think I color it. I am very fair and I don't think my boobs are that big, my bras just pop open. My husband says I keep them well-hidden. Sorry, TMI. Anyway I am short, tubby and pale. What a combo, huh?! I'm looking for my wedding pics that will give people a good idea. I'm not knocking myself, I just think the word "tubby" is funny. And, my hair is shoulder-length. Althoug I'm going for a cut and she could chop it off, I just never know.

gilliandanielle said:
Hey, I think you were describing, me, lmao.
Or maybe Anne was, short, tubby, between the two of you you have described me. I can't wait to meet you all. And I was thinking it was going to be a drag since I didn't know the woman I am rooming with. 1 week until takeoff. At this time next week I will be getting ready to leave to head to the airport.

Here's a tip when picturing me... I am only 21!! I have long brown hair but I am cutting it any day now for Locks for Love. Small boobs (maybe PC silicone can finance my own :) )and I have that frazzled mommy to 2 under 3 look on my makeupless unshowered face!!

I will be just arriving in Chicago this time next week, I am still trying to get over leaving at 2:30 in the morning.

gilliandanielle said:
Here's a tip when picturing me... I am only 21!! I have long brown hair but I am cutting it any day now for Locks for Love. Small boobs (maybe PC silicone can finance my own :) )and I have that frazzled mommy to 2 under 3 look on my makeupless unshowered face!!
Yikes! I'm 31. I don't know if I look my age or not. I have the "sick of the BS at the full time job" look.

We should really post pics, Anne, but I can't find one that I actually want to show people!!

gilliandanielle said:
We should really post pics, Anne, but I can't find one that I actually want to show people!!

Um, you think I've been having technical problems? Ha ha. I'm searching for the lesser of the evils.

O, you guys kill me, Hubby is probably thinking WTH is she doing over there, LOL, I have a huge grin on my face, and chuckling.

Gill, you can have mine, although not silicone, lmbo.
Anne I have been trying to do the same.

I think the last picture I had taken of me was when I was in labor with my now 14 month old son!! AND THAT PICTURE IS NOT GOING ONLINE!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I think the last picture I had taken of me was when I was in labor with my now 14 month old son!! AND THAT PICTURE IS NOT GOING ONLINE!!!
I'm sure it was a great look for you! I changed my sig. Hubs (aka Dave) to the picture.

Related to Omg I Just Saw My Friend on "So You Think You've Got Talent"!

What is "So You Think You've Got Talent"?

"So You Think You've Got Talent" is a popular reality TV show where contestants showcase their talents in front of a panel of judges and an audience, with the chance to win a cash prize and a performance contract.

How does someone get on "So You Think You've Got Talent"?

To get on the show, contestants must first audition for the producers. If they make it past the initial audition, they will then audition in front of the judges and potentially be selected to compete on the show.

What kind of talents can be seen on "So You Think You've Got Talent"?

The show features a wide range of talents, including singing, dancing, magic, comedy, acrobatics, and more. There is no limit to the types of talents that can be showcased on the show.

How does the judging process work on "So You Think You've Got Talent"?

The judges on the show provide critiques and feedback to the contestants after their performances. They also vote on whether or not the contestant will move on to the next round. In some cases, the audience may also have a chance to vote for their favorite acts.

What happens if someone wins "So You Think You've Got Talent"?

The winner of the show receives a cash prize and a performance contract. They may also gain recognition and opportunities in the entertainment industry. Many past winners have gone on to have successful careers in their chosen talent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • esavvymom