• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg - Fruit Salad W/ Cool Lime Dressing!!

In summary, this recipe is for a fruit salad with a cool lime dressing. You can use different types of fruit, and the recipe includes instructions on how to prepare it.
pamperedape
:love: Everyone TORE it UP!! It is dreamy!!!

OK I'll bite. Where is this recipe?

We're curious, please share.

Deb

Ugh...

I'm not sure...

Sorry, I *THOUGHT* it was a PC recipe. One of my cluster-mates made it at our July meeting.

It's cool whip, key lime yougurt, lime zest, and lime juice. Served on top of watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc. OH, and toasted coconut! YUM!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post it if it turns out not to be PC.

pamperedape said:
Ugh...

I'm not sure...

Sorry, I *THOUGHT* it was a PC recipe. One of my cluster-mates made it at our July meeting.

I'll post it if it turns out not to be PC.
Post it even if it is PC......:D

Here it is - It was in the Salad Card recipes.......the same set that had the 7 Layer Southwestern Salad. I have used it quite a bit for summer shows as a 2nd recipe.

Attachments

• Fresh Fruit with Cool Lime Dressing.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 550
Mmmmmmmmmm....thanks for sharing!

I'll bet that would make a super fruit trifle!

Yes, I did layer it in the T. Bowl and it was SOOO pretty!!!

When you layered this, did you separate the fruits and top with the dressing then repeat? Did you double the recipe, or did this fill the Trifle Bowl?

I'm thinking of doing a Trifle for my second cooking demo at the Fair, and this one sounds nice and cool ...

Sounds so good!

This would be great in the Chilzanne Sectional Server too! Would be an excellent fruit dip.

Let's eat....That's sounds so good. Thanks for posting the recipe. I am definitely going to have to make it. :thumbup: :) :) :) :)

muffetts said:
This would be great in the Chilzanne Sectional Server too! Would be an excellent fruit dip.

This is how I have always served it.

Thank you for posting the actual recipe!! I was just typing it in and took one more look!

When I did it in the triffle, I layered the fruits with the colors as far apart as I could (as in strawberries far away from watermelon, etc.). I also put a little of the dressing after each two layers, and served some on the side. The coconut was totally on the side.

BTW - our cluster-mate gave us a breakdown of what products you could use to demo and the total $$ in products for this demo was $384 the way she did it!! (SA included)

pamperedape said:
BTW - our cluster-mate gave us a breakdown of what products you could use to demo and the total $$ in products for this demo was $384 the way she did it!! (SA included)

I know this was from four years ago, but do you happen to have the way she did it?

muffetts said:

thanks so much! I have a "high-maintenance host" next weekend who wants me to use the server (among other things) This sounds great!

This recipe is included in the use & care guide for the new microplane zester. You can find it on cc & it will have all the other tools used & directions!

I am not finding the recipe on CC. :(

it's under the recipes tab - then do a recipe search. i thought it mentioned more tools in the recipe, but you would use the core & more for strawberries & melon balls, knives & cutting boards for melons & pineapple wedger for pineapples. plus the measuring spoons for zest and measure all cup for yogurt/cool whip. enjoy!

Fruit Salad with Cool Lime Dressing

Ingredients:
8 cups (2 L) assorted fresh fruit such as cantaloupe, honeydew or watermelon balls, pineapple chunks, halved strawberries, blueberries or grapes
1 lime or lemon
1 container (6 oz/175 g) light key lime or lemon yogurt
1 cup (250 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
Sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)

Directions:
Prepare fruit and place in large serving bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Zest lime using Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice lime to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Combine yogurt, zest and juice in small mixing bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1/2 cup/125 mL fruit and 1 1/2 tbsp/22 mL dressing, excluding optional ingredient): Calories 60, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 1 g

© 2011 The Pampered Chef used under license.
Start Your Own Business and plan kitchen shows at PamperedChef.com

Thank you Kristina! I don't have the proper software to read the previous file! Maybe I'll try this tomorrow! yay=D

Teresa LM said:
I am not finding the recipe on CC. :(

Found it! The use & care for the newer microplane zester, or just search on ingredients of lime and coconut.

Thanks for a great idea of what to take to a party tomorrow! I think I'll make it in the trifle bowl.

I like the word doc. w/the 4 recipe cards...great to print on heavier stock paper and pass out at the party

Related to Omg - Fruit Salad W/ Cool Lime Dressing!!

1. Can I use any type of fruit for this salad?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer or have on hand. Some great options include strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, kiwi, and mandarin oranges.

2. How long will the dressing last in the fridge?

The dressing will last for about 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container.

3. Can I make the dressing ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge. Just give it a good shake or stir before serving.

4. Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of honey?

Yes, you can use a different type of sweetener such as agave or maple syrup. Just adjust the amount to your taste preference.

5. Can I add nuts or seeds to this fruit salad?

Absolutely! You can add any type of nuts or seeds for some added crunch and nutrition. Some great options include sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, or chopped walnuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • ChefMoore