• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

OMG! $20 Bid Becomes $2000 on eBay!

In summary, bidding wars on eBay occur when multiple buyers are interested in an item and continue to outbid each other, resulting in a much higher final bid than the initial bid. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent bidding wars, but sellers can set a reserve price to ensure the item is sold for a minimum price. To increase the chances of an item selling for a high price, sellers can use strategies such as setting a low starting bid, providing detailed descriptions and photos, and offering competitive shipping fees. In the case that the winning bidder does not pay for the item, the seller can open a case with eBay's Resolution Center and request a final value fee credit if necessary. As a seller, bids can only be cancelled for valid reasons
smarteez2
Gold Member
:eek: :eek: I just placed a bid on ebay for the cookware bags. I typed in $20.00 as my high bid and it showed up as saying my high bid was $2000.00!! OMG!! I back tracked and everything and yes I did type in only $20.00!! I sent that person an email explaining the situation and that I would not pay over $20.00 for the bags and apologized for the mix up. I feel bad cause I probably just screwed up their auction BUT I DON'T want the bags that dern bad!! LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

smarteez2 said:
Wholey Crappoli
I thought this was a recipe for an entirely new TPC Italian desert.

TOOOOOOOOOO Funnnnnnnnny!!!
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

It does kinda sound like one doesnt it? ROFLMAO!!

Wow Cynthia ~ you really wanted those BAD! LOL

Ginny

Well gosh...if you want 'em THAT bad I'd be happy to send you mine for $2000!!!

You allllll are tooo funny!!Of course I don't want them THAT bad!!.. I did change my price to $20.00 :D ROFLMAO!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Nope, but it sure does sound like my cooking! :p

Related to OMG! $20 Bid Becomes $2000 on eBay!

1. How is it possible for a $20 bid to become $2000 on eBay?

This phenomenon is known as "bidding wars" on eBay. When multiple buyers are interested in an item, they may continue to outbid each other, driving up the price significantly. This can result in a much higher final bid than the initial bid.

2. Is there a way to prevent bidding wars from happening?

Unfortunately, bidding wars are a natural part of the auction process on eBay. However, as a seller, you can set a reserve price for your item, which is the minimum price you are willing to accept. If the bidding does not reach this price, the item will not be sold.

3. How can I ensure that my item will sell for a high price on eBay?

There are a few strategies you can use to increase the chances of your item selling for a high price on eBay. These include setting a low starting bid to attract more buyers, providing detailed and accurate descriptions and photos of the item, and offering competitive shipping and handling fees.

4. What happens if the winning bidder does not pay for the item?

If the winning bidder does not pay for the item, you can open a case with eBay's Resolution Center. This will allow you to work with the buyer to resolve the issue. If the buyer still does not pay, you can request a final value fee credit from eBay.

5. Can I cancel a bid if I change my mind about selling the item?

As a seller, you cannot cancel a bid on an item unless there is a valid reason, such as the item being damaged or lost. If you change your mind about selling the item, you can end the listing early, but you may be charged a fee by eBay for doing so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies