• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old-Fashioned Cooking: Tips for Oven Baking Without a Microwave

In summary, when converting a recipe from microwave to oven baking, reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees and increase the cooking time by 25%. You can still use your favorite microwave recipes in the oven, just remember to adjust the cooking times and temperatures. To achieve crispy, golden-brown results without a microwave, preheat the oven, use a baking stone or sheet, and lightly coat the food with oil or butter. To prevent food from drying out, cover it with foil or a lid and add a dish of water to the oven. While most foods can be oven baked without a microwave, it is not recommended for foods that require a lot of liquid or cook quickly.
pamperedchefqueen
I have so many hosts and customers who don't have microwaves or have tiny ones or just plain prefer the old fashioned "cook in the oven" method. Why in heck can't the recipes come with a "cook's tip" on how long and what temp to cook it in the oven?

I believe most of the ones from The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens do come with oven conversions. Unfortunately a lot of the recipes floating around don't come from the Test Kitchens, or have been passed on by consultants that have forgotten to include the "Cooks Tips"

Where do we find the oven conversions for the recipes? Such as "Mexican in Minutes" chili cornbread bake?

The light and airy texture of the cornbread portion of the "bake" can't be duplicated in a conventional oven.Not all cooking techniques are interchangeable.

I have done the chilli cornbread bake in the oven... unfortunately, I do not use timers!!! I think it was about 25 mins? I think I went by the time of the cornbread on the box, since the meat was already cooked.

1. How do I adjust oven temperature and cooking times for recipes that call for a microwave?

When converting a recipe from microwave to oven baking, you'll want to reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees and increase the cooking time by 25%. For example, if a recipe calls for 5 minutes in the microwave, you would bake it in the oven for approximately 6 minutes at 25 degrees lower than the original temperature.

2. Can I still use my favorite microwave recipes in the oven?

Yes, you can definitely still use your favorite microwave recipes in the oven. Just keep in mind that the cooking times and temperatures will need to be adjusted as mentioned in the previous question. Also, make sure to use microwave-safe cookware when baking in the oven.

3. What are some tips for getting crispy, golden-brown results when oven baking without a microwave?

To achieve crispy, golden-brown results when oven baking without a microwave, make sure to preheat your oven before placing your food inside. You can also use a baking stone or sheet to help evenly distribute heat and create a crispy exterior. Additionally, using a light coating of oil or butter on your food can help with browning.

4. How can I prevent my food from drying out when oven baking without a microwave?

To prevent your food from drying out when oven baking without a microwave, try covering it with foil or a lid during the first part of cooking. This will trap in moisture and prevent it from evaporating. You can also add a small dish of water to the oven while baking to create a steamy environment.

5. Are there any foods that should not be oven baked without a microwave?

Most foods can be oven baked without a microwave, but there are a few exceptions. Foods that require a lot of liquid, such as soups or stews, may not turn out as well in the oven. In addition, delicate foods that cook quickly, like fish or vegetables, may not be suitable for oven baking without a microwave as they can easily become overcooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer Neal
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • ChefDi