• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, What I Am Doing Wrong With My Macs? I Never Get Bookings From

M
mistym
Ok, what I am doing wrong with my MACs? I NEVER get bookings from these. What do you ladies do? Also, I usually call during the day and leave messages for people, should I leave it at that or call them again later...would that make me a Pampered Pest??

I am having trouble getting bookings and I need help quick!!

Thanks

Misty

bump...I really need your input...

thanks

mistym

I do not do MAC's anymore, because I felt pushy asking again, I try to hit everyone at the show, and then the next morning, I send an E-mail to everyone that was htere, and outside orders, with the recipe I demo'd, and also touched on booking and adding to orders then. I do make "Out of the Box calls" about 3 weeks later, and I will ask then.

I send an email the next day along with the recipes I've make..:)

there are lots of email threads out on the loops about MAC's, but here is one thing that I believe you should be doing.....if you are making an "out of hte box" call then you shouldn't be looking for anything from that person except to get their product out of the box....if you're doing a morning after call....then you should be thanking them for coming and for their order....and if you offer a newsletter maybe that...let them know you'll be calling in a few weeks with an out of hte box call.

once your relationship is built then the booking will come.

Unless they've indicated something (yes or maybe) on their door prize slip and you tell them that is why you are calling - I wouldn't even bring up the thought of booking.....its all about building the relationship

I have some outlines and stuff that I have found, I can try to upload them tonight when I get home

Melinda

melindag said:
there are lots of email threads out on the loops about MAC's, but here is one thing that I believe you should be doing.....if you are making an "out of hte box" call then you shouldn't be looking for anything from that person except to get their product out of the box....if you're doing a morning after call....then you should be thanking them for coming and for their order....and if you offer a newsletter maybe that...let them know you'll be calling in a few weeks with an out of hte box call.

once your relationship is built then the booking will come.

Unless they've indicated something (yes or maybe) on their door prize slip and you tell them that is why you are calling - I wouldn't even bring up the thought of booking.....its all about building the relationship

I have some outlines and stuff that I have found, I can try to upload them tonight when I get home

Melinda
That is great advice!! Thanks! I hate the phone but you made it sound a lot easier!

Does anyone else on here who does OOB ever mention any promotions they are running? I did get one $200+ catty show out of some OOB calls just by mentioning. I was planning to get caught up on these this weekend and mention my Nov/Dec catty show promo. But I always mention it as "I wanted to let you know in case you or someone you know is interested."...I don't want to be too pushy, but like to remind them or let them know if they are not an e-newsletter subscriber.

I promised myself after conference that I would make OOB calls for every customer I had a number for. I just finished my calls from my September shows yesterday. Next week I'll be starting on my October shows. I tell them where I met them & that I am doing out of the box calls--to see if they have taken their products out of the box. If they say yes, I'll ask if they have used them yet & how are they enjoying them. I had an outside order who bought a round stone tell me she hadn't used it yet but was excited to. I asked if she had other stones & she said no. So I told her how to season & clean it.

I think the important thing, like Melinda said, is that we build a relationship. I might not get a show for this month out of them, but I am sure they will remember me when they need something else or a friend does. I staple my business card onto every order form. I have ever only had one consultant for ANY party plan ever call me to see how I was enjoying my products (& it wasn't a PC person either). In fact, my sister-in-law told me her friends thought it was so cool that I cared enough to call & not push for a show. That comment alone made me realize how much I NEED to do these calls!

Still haven't tried MAC calls yet. I HATE the phone & it's hard enough to do OOB calls for everyone. I'd never have the phone off my ear if I did MAC calls too!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
pamperedgirl3 said:
I promised myself after conference that I would make OOB calls for every customer I had a number for. I just finished my calls from my September shows yesterday. Next week I'll be starting on my October shows. I tell them where I met them & that I am doing out of the box calls--to see if they have taken their products out of the box. If they say yes, I'll ask if they have used them yet & how are they enjoying them. I had an outside order who bought a round stone tell me she hadn't used it yet but was excited to. I asked if she had other stones & she said no. So I told her how to season & clean it.

I think the important thing, like Melinda said, is that we build a relationship. I might not get a show for this month out of them, but I am sure they will remember me when they need something else or a friend does. I staple my business card onto every order form. I have ever only had one consultant for ANY party plan ever call me to see how I was enjoying my products (& it wasn't a PC person either). In fact, my sister-in-law told me her friends thought it was so cool that I cared enough to call & not push for a show. That comment alone made me realize how much I NEED to do these calls!

Still haven't tried MAC calls yet. I HATE the phone & it's hard enough to do OOB calls for everyone. I'd never have the phone off my ear if I did MAC calls too!!!

Thank you guys sooooooooo much. I don't mind the calls as much as asking everyone if they'd like to have a show. I'm the type of person who could sell almost anything to everyone I know until I become a rep :confused: strange I know. This will make the calling easier on me AND the guests because we wont be anticipating "the question" .

Also don't forget to remind them if they have problems within the first 30 days PC pays for return shipping. That usually gets the product OOB sooner.

I do try to make most of my calls within the 30 day mark for the return shipping reason.

ok....i'm home from work again...and can post a few files that I have found. NONE of these are my original files. They are all files that I found on various loops (maybe even this one, I don't know!) Some of these files might be duplicates of each other....I just keep them for reference

Anyway....this is how special you guys all are....I came in immediately from work and sat down to upload the files....before cooking dinner, before checking the mail, before even kissing my honey!

I have been trying hard since the beginning of summer to make MAC calls and then OOB calls. Usually between the two calls, I have offered my newsletter mailing list "preferred customer club", and have asked if they want to know the upcoming monthly specials. I let them know my website is available to them 24/7 and I am accessible by phone, and have been known to even make house calls in my local area.

I feel I have built relationships that are more solid.....since improving my efforts with calls. I hate the phone and am a terrible procrastinator - but I do like that I am presenting myself as following through on commitments made to them at the show with follow up calls.

Melinda

1. Why am I not getting bookings from my MACs?

There could be several reasons for not getting bookings from your MACs. It could be that they are not being promoted effectively, the target audience is not interested in the product, or there may be technical difficulties with the MACs themselves. It's important to identify the root cause of the problem in order to find a solution.

2. What can I do to increase my bookings from MACs?

To increase your bookings, you can try promoting the MACs through different channels such as social media, email marketing, or networking events. You can also offer special discounts or incentives to attract more customers. It's also important to regularly update and maintain the MACs to ensure they are functioning properly.

3. Is it better to call during the day or at a later time for bookings?

It's always best to call during a time when your target audience is most likely to be available and interested in your product. This could vary depending on your target market, so it may require some trial and error to find the best time to reach out. Additionally, consider sending follow-up emails or messages to increase the chances of getting a response.

4. Am I being too persistent by calling multiple times?

It's important to find a balance between being persistent and being a nuisance. If you have left a message and haven't received a response, it's okay to follow up once or twice. However, if you still don't get a response, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential customers.

5. How can I quickly improve my bookings from MACs?

There is no quick fix for improving bookings from MACs. It requires consistent effort and adjustments to your marketing and sales strategies. It may also be helpful to seek advice from other successful MAC promoters and attend training sessions to learn new techniques and approaches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • Princess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • sarahsellcm