• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? O/T What Is Your Favorite........

In summary, my SIL wants books instead of cards at her baby shower, she likes things that are different. My brain is just not focusing on titles that I think she would like. I can't afford much at all right now, so I thought if I got a good book I would be good.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
kids book? My sil wants books instead of cards at her baby shower, she likes things that are different. My brain is just not focusing on titles that I think she would like. I can't afford much at all right now, so I thought if I got a good book I would be good.

Thanks for all your help, I know you guys can get my brain moving!!:D

My favorites have always been

Green Eggs and Ham
The Polar Express
The Giving Tree

And there is one that I love, I just can't remember the name right now. Anyway, all through the book the mother keeps saying to her son "I'll love you for ever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living your mommy I'll be."
This one is very sad - a real tear-jerker.

Every kid has to have a copy of GoodNight Moon and Corduroy!!!
I love the Golden Books too, especially the Pokey Little Puppy!

I vote for:
Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Counting Kisses
Animal Kisses
The Giving Tree

Cinder Edna!

It's about CinderElla's neighbor who's in the same boat but she doesn't count on magic and good looks to dig her out of her predicaments. Awesome!

amya said:
My favorites have always been

Green Eggs and Ham
The Polar Express
The Giving Tree

And there is one that I love, I just can't remember the name right now. Anyway, all through the book the mother keeps saying to her son "I'll love you for ever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living your mommy I'll be."
This one is very sad - a real tear-jerker.

It's called, "Love You Forever." I vote for that one!

Keep them coming, oh it's for a boy!! I bought my niece good night moon, I was kinda thinking where the wild things are, my son loves that book.Thanks again!

I vote for the pokey little puppy. Every child needs a copy of that book

dianevill said:
It's called, "Love You Forever." I vote for that one!

Definitely "Love you Forever!" I cry every time.

My kids love this book called Bigger. It's this story of a little boy that (you guessed it) grows bigger and bigger, and all the things he can do at different ages. It starts out with, "Once I was so small I was hardly even me. But there in the darkness of my mother's womb, I grew bigger..." Very cute!

I love the book Love you Forever. I also love the Pokey little Puppy. I love to read to my boys and these are two of my favorites.

The Hungry Caterpillar and when you give a mouse a cookie.

Oh the Places You'll Go! (Dr Seuss) It is great for any new beginning. Good Night Moon is precious too.

My kids love the "when you give a mouse a cookie" books and all the books in that series
Also Where the wild things are
We also have alot Dr. Seusse small board books versions of the larger books. I like them cause the are still sweet and silly but they don't take 20 mins to read. (not to mention twist your tongue in knots!)
I personally love all Sondra Boynton's books. They are sooo cute!

My favorite is... You are my I LOVE YOU by Maryann K. Cusimano
It's really cute and has great illustrations..beautiful watercolors it starts out... I am your parent;
you are my child.
I am your quiet place;
you are my wild.

For board books I love any of the Sandra Boynton... and at Kohl's right now you can get her books w/ cds or the stuffed animals that match for $5!

I like:
You Are Special by Max Lucado
Caterpillar Spring - Butterfly Summer by Susan Hood (My oldest LOVED this book as a baby)
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney (left this one in America :()

The Giving Tree stands out to me also a few others like I was so mad and Where The Wild Things Are.

etteluap70PC said:
I personally love all Sondra Boynton's books. They are sooo cute!

Definitely!!!--Especially the Barn Dance one.

Love you Forever is also a MUST HAVE! I also highly recommend the Kissing Hand. Make sure to include one of the many nice collections of Nursery Rhymes. (As a 2nd grade teacher I am AMAZED at how many children don't know the basic nursery rhymes!)

Love you Forever makes me cry too much -- but it's a beautiful book. My daughter gets upset when I cry so I can't read it anymore.

My kids LOVED books with photographs of real things -- people, animals, colors, etc. Their favorites as babies were these board type books we got in the Happy Baby sieries -- there was Baby Numbers, Baby Animals Baby Letters, Baby Colors... there has to be like 5 or 6 different ones.

They aren't a story -- but they were fun because we could talk about everything and my daughter learned her colors, numbers, animal names and sounds, shapes, letters, feelings .... you get the picture :)

The books are VERY durable too she played with them from about 6 months - 2 1/2 years and now my son is playing with them and you would think they were brand new :)

Okay, so my top five favorite childrens books are ALL already listed...you ladies know how to pick 'em! I like, Love You Forever, The Kissing Hand, The Giving Tree, Where the Wild Things Grow, and The Polar Express! And of course Dr. Seuss is classic!

I had a book when I was a kid called Elvira Everything about a little girl who is given a magnificent, albeit kinda' rude and obnoxious doll that takes over the whole household, and usurps the affections of the girls parents as well. The older (and human) sister runs away to teach this family a lesson, but learns that she is loved and brought back home. In the end, when the daughter gives annoying ( and not water-proof) Elvira a bath, it is a moment of great triumph and vindication for kids everywhere.

I think this book is still up in a box somewhere in my attic. I sure hope it is, as its woth about $120.00 right now!!

Baby Beluga! Little kids love the rhythm. when they get a little older she can add the music,

I like to give LOVE YOU FOREVER to the new Daddy rather than the mom or child its just so sweet...and yes makes me cry every time.
My 4 yo loves Eric Carle, actually all my kids really enjoyed his books.
I for one love Dr.Suess.

Sandra Boynton!!!!

We LOVE all her books. The Going to Bed Book is great.

She has two boxed sets that have the most popular ones.

Thanks you guys for all the ideas. My head is starting to think straight. My back is starting to get better. You guys are the greatest!!

We did this at my sister's baby shower. Somewhere, I had gotten a cute little poem about "don't buy wrap, buy a book instead" that encouraged everyone to leave gifts in the bags from the store. My sister loved it, because she ended up with a whole shelf of books. And there were quite a variety, too: baby board books up through a really nice anthology of bedtime stories that's a "mommy and daddy only" book. :)

The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes by DuBose Heyward.
Copyright 1939
I would always sign it out in my grade school library.
I spoke of it to my daughters as they were growing up but I could never find it anywhere. Then about 10 years ago, my oldest daughter gave me a copy for Easter:)
Good Night Moon is another favorite.

Its a boy? You NEED to get that boy a good truck book! That publisher DK books makes awesome awesome board books and they make a large truck one called My First Truck Book. My son was obsessed with it until it fell apart! I still need to get him a new one.

Okay this is what I ended up getting after a discussion w/ my sil yesterday. Sometimes she drives me crazy.I got a board book down by the bay ( I know from teaching this book that kids love the goofy ryhmes and singing the song.I also purchased Pirates don't change diapers, now this is by the same author who does How I became a pirate. This is for older kids but the pictures are awesome and it's in a hard cover.Thanks to all for your responces I really do appreciate the help. What I did is basically gave her the decsion on what books she wanted, this is what she chose I wasn't about to go buy her a recliner (sorry she registered at a furniture store for 2 rocking recliners for the living room. It's a little wierd to me for a baby shower).

pamperedalf said:
Okay this is what I ended up getting after a discussion w/ my sil yesterday. Sometimes she drives me crazy.

I got a board book down by the bay ( I know from teaching this book that kids love the goofy ryhmes and singing the song.

I also purchased Pirates don't change diapers, now this is by the same author who does How I became a pirate. This is for older kids but the pictures are awesome and it's in a hard cover.

Thanks to all for your responces I really do appreciate the help. What I did is basically gave her the decsion on what books she wanted, this is what she chose I wasn't about to go buy her a recliner (sorry she registered at a furniture store for 2 rocking recliners for the living room. It's a little wierd to me for a baby shower).
How about "The Gunni Wolf My dd and I Love this

I won't tell you my favorites - I'll tell you my 2 yr old sons favorites! :)

Things that Go (Richard Scarry)
Curious George Rides A Bike
Curious George Rides A Train
Guess How Much I Love You (the one with Big Nut Brown Hare & Little Nut Brown Hare)
If You Give A Mouse A Cookie
Polar Express
The Little Engine That Could
The "Thinking Spot" series - Winnie The Pooh

Also - he loves any books I have bought him from Usbourne Books - so if you know a consultant who sells these - I'd grab some! They are wonderful, fun, colorful, educational........

My son (3 yrs old) love Richard Scarry books, like, the Busiest Firefighters Ever, Miss Honey's busy day, Cars and Trucks and things that Go, Lowly's Busy Day.

Anything with Tractors, Backhoes, and Airplanes.

Board books are great too... Mr Brown can Moo can you? There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Where's baby's belly button?, Brown Bear Brown bear, the Hungriest Caterpiller.

Okay, I'll stop.

If you have girls, cinderhazel was the best book ever. I had a childrens lit class my freshman year and this girl was the clumziest ugliest girl but the end was the best. Just my opinion even though she already bought the book.

Love You Forever is a great book. My oldest son loved Where The Wild Things Grow. My youngest loved all of the Little Bear Books...he watched Little Bear every day...long with Blue's Clue's and Busy Town. The Giving Tree is good too. I also like The Vine and The Trellis...there are just too many to pick from.

I like to give books for gifts. I love to read...I learned when I was 4 when my Daddy was getting his teaching degree. A child who can read can have all kinds of adventures. Can you tell I have a degree in Child Development? And, they have way too many toys and clothes these days.

1. What are the top kitchen tools every home cook should have?

The top kitchen tools every home cook should have include a chef's knife, cutting board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a skillet.

2. How do I clean my stoneware properly?

To clean stoneware, let it cool completely before washing. Use warm water and a mild detergent, avoiding harsh chemicals that can damage the stoneware. Do not soak or scrub with abrasive materials. You can also use our Stoneware Cleaning Brush for tough, stuck-on messes.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the oven?

Yes, most of our products are oven-safe. However, always check the product's specific instructions before using in the oven.

4. What is the best way to sharpen knives?

We recommend using our Knife Sharpener to sharpen your knives. Hold the sharpener in one hand and the knife in the other, and gently pull the knife through the sharpener's slots several times until the desired sharpness is achieved.

5. What is the best way to store my Pampered Chef products?

We recommend storing our products in a cool, dry place. Some products, like our stoneware, should not be stacked to avoid potential damage. We also offer storage solutions, such as our Stackable Organizers, to help keep your kitchen organized and your products in good condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies