• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Brain Health with TriHealth's Brain Fitness Program | Medical Edge

In summary, a recent newscast discussed the benefits of exercising the brain and its impact on memory and focus. Local trainers have teamed up with a brain fitness program called Posit Science, which is based on auditory tasks and has been shown to improve recall and processing speed. A recent study found that using this program can enhance memory in healthy adults for at least three months after stopping. While brain exercises may be beneficial, it should be noted that even the most exercised brains can still suffer from conditions such as Alzheimer's.
katie0128
Silver Member
From a newscast recently... and I work for TriHealth.

Having trouble remembering things you used to never forget? It may be time to exercise your brain. Local 12's Liz Bonis teams up with local trainers to show you the latest science behind brain fitness, in tonight's Medical Edge.

"It's no secret that your body stays in better shape when you get in a few good workouts each week.

But what would happen if you did the same thing for your brain? Well, the latest science shows it could make a big difference, not just in immediate results, but also long term."

Patricia Faust is now a brain-fitness trainer. She is trained by a company called posit science, which makes this brain fitness program.

Patricia Faust, Brain Fitness Trainer: "It's a program based on auditory input, meaning that it's a software program and you listen to six different exercises."

Rather than moving to maintain health as you would in traditional fitness, the posit science brain fitness program teaches tasks based on what you hear and see, to help improve recall and focus. During forty -one hour sessions - you perform tasks like this one, which get tougher on the brain over time.

"And help your brain start working faster, so you create speed of processing."

A recent study, conducted mainly by scientists who helped develop posit, published by the National Academy of Sciences, found this brain fitness program can help healthy adults enhance memory, which last for at least three months even after you stop using it. Posit is simple to use, but as Patricia's husband, Russell, found recently, shaping up the brain is much like shaping up the body!

Russel Faust, Program User: "It is challenging, it's not an easy task."

With your Medical Edge, Liz Bonis, Local 12.

For more information on the brain fitness program, call the TriHealth Integrative Health and Medicine Center.

http://www.local12.com/mediacenter/[email protected]

After reading this, my brain went to lay down and take a nap.

Sounds similar to Brain Age...my DS has that game on his Nintendo DS and I used to play it all of the time!

Now I don't remember why I stopped playing!! ;)

Aren't we lucky that our brains don't get fat when they aren't exercised???

I always do things like balance my checkbook without a calculator. Add things in my head as I am shopping, things like that...it really helps over the years keeping your mind active.

janetupnorth said:
I always do things like balance my checkbook without a calculator. Add things in my head as I am shopping, things like that...it really helps over the years keeping your mind active.

That's why I am always over drawn!! My ex can add in his head, but nothing I ever was able to do (ok...simple math fine, but he can do percentages, etc.)

My mind is active, but all in the wrong ways!!!:p

And KG...did you have what is called a brain cramp?!?!:D

No, it was built to run on leaded regular, but nowadays, you can only get unleaded regular with methanol added, so sometimes it'll just vapor lock.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, it was built to run on leaded regular, but nowadays, you can only get unleaded regular with methanol added, so sometimes it'll just vapor lock.

Hrmm.... brain freeze... or a nasty case of 'the vapors'... LOL... sorry, had to be said...

On a whim, I did a google search on brain exercises and I was floored at the number of hits that google returned...including this one that charges for a membership to their mental gym and will gladly sell you stuff. One of the tabs on that site is for something called the Intercollegiate Brain Speed Challenge. I can see the sports reports now...The Detroit Dendrites met the Nebraska Neurons last night in the Intercollegiate Brain Speed Challenge. The Dendrites thought they were in control after jumping out to a lead but the Neurons didn't seem to mind. Showing a lot of nerve, the Neurons took the lead but a late brainstorm by the Dendrites pushed their score and they wound up a head.

Not to be a Debbie Downer (old SNL skit) but I have seen highly intelligent people stricken with Alzhiemers so before you buy gym shorts and leotards for your brain and pay a fee...keep in mind (pun intended) that even the most exercised brains p00p out on us! I know...I was thinking of freezing the noggen and thawing it out someday to see if I could "return" :eek: :eek: Just joking, folks.

baychef said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer (old SNL skit) but I have seen highly intelligent people stricken with Alzhiemers so before you buy gym shorts and leotards for your brain and pay a fee...keep in mind (pun intended) that even the most exercised brains p00p out on us! I know...I was thinking of freezing the noggen and thawing it out someday to see if I could "return" :eek: :eek: Just joking, folks.
That's okay, most of us have her on iggy now, anyway. :)

I can't see my brain in a leotard, anyway.

1. What is TriHealth's Brain Fitness Program?

TriHealth's Brain Fitness Program is a comprehensive program designed to improve brain health and cognitive function through a combination of physical exercise, mental stimulation, and healthy lifestyle habits.

2. How does the program improve brain health?

The program focuses on promoting neuroplasticity, or the brain's ability to adapt and reorganize itself, through various activities such as aerobic exercise, brain training exercises, and healthy eating habits.

3. Who is the program suitable for?

The program is suitable for individuals of all ages who are looking to improve their brain health and cognitive function. It is particularly beneficial for older adults who may be experiencing age-related cognitive decline.

4. How long is the program?

The program typically lasts for 12 weeks, with participants attending sessions 2-3 times per week. However, the duration may vary depending on individual progress and goals.

5. Is the program scientifically backed?

Yes, TriHealth's Brain Fitness Program is based on extensive research and has been scientifically proven to improve brain health and cognitive function. Our team of experts continuously updates and refines the program to incorporate the latest scientific findings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
  • JAE
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
rennea