• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

November Show Recipe Ideas: Planning Ahead for the Upcoming Month

In summary, the dump cake recipe involves opening two cans of pie filling and putting it in the bottom of the dish, then adding a package of dry cake mix and microwaving it for 13 minutes.
momoftwins
I know it is still October but I am thinking ahead to November and trying to decide what to make. What are you all making?? I just am clueless! :)

i don't mean to steal your thread; but why does everyone choose just to do 1 or 2 recipes for the month? is it better just to do it that way or have the host pick out which recipe she wants to do? i hope i don't sound mean about this, i just would like to know why? maybe i can change the way i do my shows.

again i don't want to sound rude or anything. just very curious?!?!

This is what I've sent to my November hosts.

Attachments

• Recipe Options for November Parties.doc
    53 KB · Views: 512
rbvernon said:
i don't mean to steal your thread; but why does everyone choose just to do 1 or 2 recipes for the month? is it better just to do it that way or have the host pick out which recipe she wants to do? i hope i don't sound mean about this, i just would like to know why? maybe i can change the way i do my shows.

again i don't want to sound rude or anything. just very curious?!?!

This is a totally valid question. The reason we like to limit the number of choices is because there are so many choices! As a new consultant you will never get comfortable doing your shows if you are working hard trying to remeber the recipe you're doing. I recommend to all of my new consultants to just stick with offering at most 3 recipes until they get comfortable cooking and talking. Once they KNOW the products it should be much easier for them.

You also know exactly what you'll be taking to each party, so you won't be running all over your kitchen getting ready for your shows.

I am going to offer the Snowman cake, the brownie balls, or the artichoke dip... I want to show the desserts since they are so cool!

I am doing either the Fast & easy Fajitas ( I have been doing them since June) or the Turkey/ Cranberry Ring, for the Hide the Turkey show. My December is pretty much booked, or I would be doing a Trifle. Once I find out what the special is for January, I will definately change things up, to get January booked.

I'm probably going to do something to show off the Trifle Bowl and/or whatever the January host special is.

I am still gonna do a Stoneware recipe in November - it will go with my Stoneware lesson during my Show and maybe get an extra catty show.

My first Show of the month is the Hot Broccoli Dip. The rest are the Chicken Fajitas in the DCB.

I am doing the easy dump cake recipe in the DCB, it takes very little ingrediants and it easy to make. It crss sells with other tools well and it so super easy, I am hoping it will boost DCB sales :)

What is the easy dump cake recipe? Never heard of it!

thanks ladies! Yes I too would like to know what the easy dump cake recipe is as I also have never heard of it.

I 'think' this is the recipe for what they call the 'dump cake'..you can also use different combinations of pie filling and cake mixes. HTH

Open a can of cherry pie filling and put on bottom of DCB.
Open regular package of devils food or chocolate dry cake mix and put on top of pie filling (no not mix).
Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter and pour on top of dry cake mix.
Then microwave for 13 minutes.

That's it!!! No stirring, mixing, measuring... It turns our a little fudgey in the middle, but soooo good

I have changed the way I offer recipes and now I enclose a Season's Best in the Host packet with recipe suggestions that we can do at the Show. Less than 10 guests usually will result in one recipe, 10 or more I let them choose two. Looks more professional than the copies I used to make. When we begin the recipes I usually have someone volunteer to use that "product" and read the directions. When we are finished with the recipes, I have the guests sign the Season's Best and leave it with my Host as a "thank you".

Okay, I finally found Meredith's original post about the dump cake. A little different recipe (two cans of pie filling instead of just one so I guess it's a personal preference - I haven't made either but just might this weekend :) )

At our cluster meeting last night we did a dump cake in the DCB, 4 ingrediants, a few tools and 20 minutes..... amazing and yummy!!
Dump Cake
2 cans apple pie filling or (any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 stick butter or margarine

Put apples in bottom of baker, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top. All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes. Then keep covered for 5 more
minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 and my clock timer for 8. Serve with ice cream. The spice cake really gives it more flavor.
You can have your Cinnamon and Carmel Sprinkles out for them to use also. I totaled it up and you can use over $217 worth of products.

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

cochef said:
I have changed the way I offer recipes and now I enclose a Season's Best in the Host packet with recipe suggestions that we can do at the Show. Less than 10 guests usually will result in one recipe, 10 or more I let them choose two. Looks more professional than the copies I used to make. When we begin the recipes I usually have someone volunteer to use that "product" and read the directions. When we are finished with the recipes, I have the guests sign the Season's Best and leave it with my Host as a "thank you".

I like this idea! I do the passing of the SB to sign and didn't want to get rid of that. You solved the problem right there! When I first started, we had these cool little books called Simple Favorites or something like that. They were so nice because they only had about 6 recipes or so in them and looked professional becaue they were a little booklet. WHY I haven't thought to just do the same thing with the SB before this suggestion is beyond me!

kcjodih said:
Okay, I finally found Meredith's original post about the dump cake. A little different recipe (two cans of pie filling instead of just one so I guess it's a personal preference - I haven't made either but just might this weekend :) )

At our cluster meeting last night we did a dump cake in the DCB, 4 ingrediants, a few tools and 20 minutes..... amazing and yummy!!
Dump Cake
2 cans apple pie filling or (any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 stick butter or margarine

Put apples in bottom of baker, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top. All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes. Then keep covered for 5 more
minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 and my clock timer for 8. Serve with ice cream. The spice cake really gives it more flavor.
You can have your Cinnamon and Carmel Sprinkles out for them to use also. I totaled it up and you can use over $217 worth of products.

You use DCB
Small Scraper
Ice cream scooper
micro cooker
can opener

Thanks girl, I have been looking all over for my own recipe~ ha ha :)

Related to November Show Recipe Ideas: Planning Ahead for the Upcoming Month

What is the recipe for November shows?

The recipe for November shows is the Fall Harvest Chicken Skillet. It is a delicious and easy one-pan meal that features chicken, vegetables, and a savory sauce.

Can the recipe be adjusted for dietary restrictions?

Yes, the recipe can be adjusted for dietary restrictions. It can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce and cornstarch, and dairy-free by omitting the butter or using a dairy-free alternative.

What kitchen tools are needed to make the recipe?

The kitchen tools needed to make the Fall Harvest Chicken Skillet include a skillet or large sauté pan, a cutting board, a knife, and a spatula.

How many servings does the recipe make?

The recipe makes 4 servings. It can easily be doubled or halved to accommodate for more or fewer people.

Can the recipe be made ahead of time?

Yes, the recipe can be made ahead of time. The chicken and vegetables can be chopped and stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook. The sauce can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use. When ready to cook, simply combine all the ingredients in the skillet and cook as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • mmmsarah3