• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

November Sales Promotion: Free Turkey or Table Runner with Show Submissions!

In summary, the December and January promotions are not posted yet, but they are encouraging hosts to book strong December and January shows to receive a free butteball turkey and a new table runner.
pctharper
Gold Member
I was just looking at the sales promotions. November is, submit one show the 1-15, get a free butteball turkey. Submit 2 shows, get a free demo table runner. December promotion isn't posted.

Does this mean no SAT for November?! I've been spending all week trying to line up people for November!

They will most likely offer it in another month. I think when I started it was December.

They've changed the name to "Free For All" and all they will tell us right now is to book a strong December & January! No other info is coming out of Home Office on this one yet.

They called it "free for all" last time but the angry person in me can't help struggling with the passing thought that it is "free for some" because many of us struggle with winter bookings. Just a little miffed that they have taken away one of the many things I loved .... the fact that they rewarded us for building our business in the busiest month of the year!Trying to be positive ... just needed to get that mini rant out of my system!

This will be the first time since I started 5 1/2 years ago that we haven't had SAT in November. I am super disappointed. :(

Disappointed too. I typically have a strong November. Just another "cut back" by the company I am presuming. The levels will probably be the same too....if not higher.

Do we know that for a fact yet? Maybe they are keeping it a secret so we all do business in October and not bump it all into November.

Sandi

There really is no need to be negative or assume they are trying to wrong their consultants. Look at ALL the stuff they are giving away! A free stone for doing one show, all the bags. They appear to be bending over backwards to help us out. I'm sure the free for all will be the same. Most of us just don't like change.

sandilou said:
Do we know that for a fact yet? Maybe they are keeping it a secret so we all do business in October and not bump it all into November.

Sandi

The only thing I think we know for sure is that they DO tell us in October, when SAT is in Nov and Dec. They didn't tell us, so it seems safe to assume they are in fact changing it.

Looking through my files and found this document about booking your December & January. May have some good ideas in it.

Attachments

• Booking December and January.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 504
loreo said:
There really is no need to be negative or assume they are trying to wrong their consultants. Look at ALL the stuff they are giving away! A free stone for doing one show, all the bags. They appear to be bending over backwards to help us out. I'm sure the free for all will be the same. Most of us just don't like change.

I totally agree with this. They give us so much as consultants! So many other DS companies do not treat their consultants near as well!!

pkd09 said:
Disappointed too. I typically have a strong November. Just another "cut back" by the company I am presuming. The levels will probably be the same too....if not higher.

I really don't see this as a cut back. I too was disappointed to find out there is no SAT in November. They are giving all hosts in November (submitted by 15th) a Butterball turkey. They are also giving us the new table runner for 2 shows.

From what I heard from HO we are encouraged to book a strong December AND January. I don't know any details, but maybe they will spread the whole SAT over the 2 months. So instead of giving us just one month to get it all done, now there will be 2. Also, I am sure that Dec and Jan will be the diamond months for the Excellence acheivers. This is also helpful for our business because instead of 3 months of 5k+ sales (Nov, Dec, Jan). We can concentrate on 2. Having 2 shows and strong sales in Dec and Jan is completely possible, if you believe it. My January is usually full by Thanksgiving. I offer power cooking demos in January to get my hosts excited about a January party. Also, did you see the December Host special? It rocks, how is this cutting back from HO with 3 items at 60% off?! I can't wait to see what they give us in January. It has been my experience with PC that while change is hard it usually comes out better in the end. Let's all stay positive and see what the SAT rules are when they are announced in November.

Well said, Wendy.

aried said:
Looking through my files and found this document about booking your December & January. May have some good ideas in it.

Thanks for this. I'm sure we'll find it very helpful!!

Edited to add: Some of the promotion-specific information is outdated, BUT the tips on how to book a December and January show are still relevant. We don't know the promotions yet for December or January, but you should go into it thinking these should be your best months all year. If you work hard you'll earn big no matter what the promotion is! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
Thanks for this. I'm sure we'll find it very helpful!!

Edited to add: Some of the promotion-specific information is outdated, BUT the tips on how to book a December and January show are still relevant. We don't know the promotions yet for December or January, but you should go into it thinking these should be your best months all year. If you work hard you'll earn big no matter what the promotion is! Good luck everyone!

I've updated that doc... I put Dec 15th as the cut off date for Christmas delivery because it's usually right around that date but that can easliy be changed if it's different this (or any) year.

Attachments

• Booking December and January-rev 2011.doc
    30 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
loreo said:

Totally agree! We've been given SO MUCH this year - and it hasn't taken much to get it! Most months, we've gotten something just for having two shows the whole month! This is why I love PC...

Someone said something about having less time in December for sales - I realize it's difficult to get people to have shows the week of Christmas...but it's difficult to get people to have shows the week of Thanksgiving as well - so there really is no difference!

Book your calendar, work your business, and you'll get what you want!

I won't complain one bit. I'm simply amazed with everything you receive as incentives and how little one has to do to obtain them. Personally, I think they make it too easy to obtain them and some tend to get a bit lazy. (myself included) It's nice that they are throwing a REAL challenge (IMO) out there for us to work our businesses hard.

Thanks Wendy ... I do hope that it's one continuous SAT from Dec. to Jan ... that would REALLY help with end of month parties! In the past they've had it over 2 months, however, with separate earning levels for each.IMHO, HO has always been generous in allowing us to earn free products in the busiest month of the year and I am just a little disappointed that they've changed it.

Well, we had our meeting tonight and my director friends have no idea what is happening either and they usually have the scoop before we do. I knew too that they were not fibbing either when they told us they had no info. The reason, I have known all of them for 11 years and I know the expressions they use when they can not tell us something or when the are out and out lying about it. and none of them showed those faces. So... The consensus is that it will be December and January. Not only from our perspective as consultants but rather the business as a whole. When we suffer, so does HO. The business plan may be to try to "even out business" by making us fight for shows those months. As you know, the Berkshire-Hathaway stock has been falling for some time now, but then again whose hasn't, so the business plan may be changing. I think too that is the other reason to not hold a massive NC as well. The breaking up of that into several pieces moves the motivation "platforms" to twice a year thus pushing more of us to be involved in our businesses. The changes being made are more toward a business standard rather than to punish us. In fact, it should help us too. Because if it helps us, it helps the company. And seriously, do any of have an inside track to what is happening at HO as far as the finances go? We could be at a make or break point and none of us would know it until the company was simply gone.

Last edited:
This is the problem with all the secrecy and not at least telling us there will be a change. Rumors start about the company being in trouble, etc. All indications lead me to feel that PC is fine. They have always liked to change things up to keep it interesting and motivate us. That is nothing new and it's good. As I've said, since they did the same thing for SAT for 5+ years in a row they should have told us it was changing and done it sooner than later. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Now we need to move on and make it work for us.Comment about big businesses in "trouble": IMHO if companies are having financial issues they need to look at the top not the bottom. Heaven forbid the people at the top take a cut in their obscene bonuses (and yes, the sales managers and HO executives all get bonuses when we sell and recruit).

I personally do no think PC is in trouble. I think like most companies, they just need to look at things differently right now. I think too that is also why the manufacturers of several of our product lines, cookware especially, have had to tighten the reins on returns. It is simply all about money. And yes, I thoroughly agree that shaking things up is never easy but with a business, it is not a bad thing. I do agree with you Beth that some sort of indication as to what is happen would be nice. Heck, if I had a job where everything was exactly the same day in and day out, I would go out of my mind! That is one reason I loved what I did and decided to continue with IT. It is an ever changing, ever educating job. It is never boring. PC is doing that with us right now so... But here is the bottom line. They can not afford to loose us as consultants so they would never put us out of business. The goal is to make it easier for us to do our jobs, not harder. And we all know it is how WE look at the changes that will make or break us. Not them. I say just hang on for the ride!

November is probably one of my best selling months, and then December is quite slow. P Chef gives us so many incentives and sure that they would like us to have parties as late as we can in Dec. By offering free stuff in December, it may help push me a little more to get those last shows before Christmas. Same with January.

Can't complain. I started this business for the commission, and didn't even know about all the free products I could possibly earn. For me, it is all icing on the cake so I'll take whatever they offer, whenever they offer it!:)

THe PC news wire announced yesterday to book a strong Dec and Jan to earn free products. November is typically a strong month, but if you work hard at it you CAN book your Dec and Jan too. At our meeting last week our director told us we can still sell a lot in December. She had almost $10,000 in sales last Dec. So it can be done. My first Jan with Pampered Chef, my sales were only $300. The following year, I learned I needed to get those shows on my calendar BEFORE Thanksgiving. I had almost $2000 in sales the 2nd January. I love this compny and booked the heck out of my Novemeber anticipating SAT, but now I will probably have my biggest month ever with 10 shows on my calendar and a HUGE paycheck before Christmas, not only that, but there will be bookings from those shows and they have to go somewhere, so I anticipate a strong Dec and Jan too! No matter what this company does, there is always a reason for it to help us. I am thankful for everything they have GIVEN me already. We all know what we need to do no matter what month it is. Good luck to everyone! :)

Also read that the Christmas cutoff for shows
is Dec 19th!

I agree with Beth ... secrecy breeds rumors. However, I am pretty much over my pity party, especially when I realize how RARE it is that our company offers a) people near the bottom of the totem pole to earn any free products at all b) incentives during the busiest selling season and c) both of those in months that aren't the slowest.

I always loved that PC offered free products in Nov. and December. Honestly, it was often more likely that I would earn them in December rather than November, because of the crazy "green by the 15th" requirements they had one year.

Do I see myself having a strong December or January? No, at least not nearly as strong as November. But it's still a paycheck. And that's nothing to sneeze at.

Can someone let me know what SAT is? Newbie here!

Ramona_Nolan said:
Can someone let me know what SAT is? Newbie here!

SAT = Sell-A-Thon. It's when we have the opportunity to earn the next season's products for Free! Based on our sales, we have different levels we can earn. If you want to see more- go to the Consultant's Corner and look at the Consultant News Page (there is a link right off the first page). Look at Oct 2010's CN...they have details from last years.

Thanks Bobbi! I feel ever so much smarter now! :)

I need to write all of these acronyms down! PC is as bad as the Marines!!!!

What is "No Sat in November?!"

"No Sat in November?!" is a promotion created by Pampered Chef to encourage customers to take a break from saturated fats in their cooking during the month of November.

How do I participate in "No Sat in November?!"

To participate in "No Sat in November?!", simply pledge to avoid cooking with saturated fats for the entire month. You can also join our online community for support and recipe ideas!

What are some alternatives to saturated fats?

There are many alternatives to saturated fats, such as olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. We also offer a variety of non-stick cookware and cooking tools that can help reduce the need for added fats in cooking.

Why is it important to reduce saturated fats in our diets?

Eating a diet high in saturated fats has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and other health issues. By reducing our intake of saturated fats, we can improve our overall health and well-being.

Can I still enjoy my favorite foods during "No Sat in November?!"

Absolutely! There are many delicious and healthy recipes that use alternative ingredients to create your favorite dishes without saturated fats. Plus, you can always indulge in moderation on special occasions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies