• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Ready for No-Demo, but Need Advice

S
sfdavis918
I think I am beginning to realize that I don't like to cook at my shows. I'm not sure if it is actually the cooking/demo part that I don't like, or if it is that I don't feel like my show really flows very well.

I think I want to work on the show itself before giving up the demo part of it. My biggest concern is that I think I tend to talk too much about the recipe instead of about the products. I also seem to try to cram everything else (host benes, opportunity, other services) into the end of the show and by then I have lost everyone.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

I know that there are no demo threads on here. I personally do them both ways. I bring a prepared recipe for the no demo and just talk about new products and favorites. I get them talking about their faves since they can sell to each other. As for benefits and such, there are suggestions that when you touch a certain product, you talk about hosting, etc. Get the host engaged too. Or past hosts. They can help by telling how much they get free and your host can help with booking if they want the upcoming specials. Get THEM excited about products and specials and they can help you with your work.Sometimes a demo is still good, but I love when I can get someone else to do it so I'm not distracted! I just had that at a bridal shower. The bride did the whole recipe.

Sarah,

You might really like the new Interactive Show that is coming out. There is some brief info about it on CC - but it says that alot more info will be coming. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting tired of hearing my own voice, and I wonder if guests are too - so I'm looking forward to trying out this new show type.

I do a no demo show, love it! I don't entertain very well when I cook so I just don't do it. I open the show, introduce myself, have guest introduction, talk about the catalog, then go into the four main groups - knives, simple additions, cookware and stoneware, then if there is time I go into smaller groups - silicone, measuring tools, gadgets, etc, then onto host benefits, recruiting, etc (all in my flip top chart so it flows easily), then onto door prizes and I'm done. I like doing it this way better. Gives a better chance to talk about more products, especially if the recipe doesn't have what I want to talk about.

Use note-cards and make steps of the party----
keep them working--
ex on the bar pan step write
--Share your favorite tips and then ask for input from the other guests----did you get the cd yet?

MORFIA said:
did you get the cd yet?
Just today! Thanks! I am going to listen to it when the boys are napping.

Related to Not Ready for No-Demo, but Need Advice

1. Why don't I enjoy cooking at my shows?

There could be a variety of reasons why you don't enjoy cooking at your shows. It could be that you don't feel confident in your cooking skills, or that you find it stressful to cook in front of an audience. It could also be that you feel like the cooking aspect takes away from promoting the products. It's important to identify the specific reason for your dislike in order to find a solution.

2. How can I improve the flow of my show?

One way to improve the flow of your show is to practice and rehearse beforehand. This will allow you to feel more comfortable with the cooking aspect and ensure that your show runs smoothly. It's also helpful to have a clear outline or script to follow during your show. Additionally, incorporating interactive elements and audience participation can help keep the flow of your show engaging.

3. How can I balance talking about the recipe and promoting the products?

One strategy is to mention the product as you are preparing the recipe, highlighting its benefits or unique features. You can also have visual aids, such as product samples or flyers, to showcase the products while you are cooking. Another option is to have a separate segment where you solely focus on promoting the products and their uses, rather than trying to incorporate it into the cooking portion of the show.

4. How can I effectively incorporate other aspects of my business into the show?

It's important to have a clear and concise plan for how you will incorporate other aspects of your business, such as host benefits and opportunities, into the show. Consider separating them into their own segments or weaving them into the cooking demonstration in a natural and non-intrusive way. It's also helpful to have visual aids or handouts to reinforce these messages.

5. How can I keep my audience engaged throughout the entire show?

One way to keep your audience engaged is to have a good balance of information and entertainment. Make sure to include interesting facts or anecdotes about the products or recipes, and keep the energy level high throughout the show. You can also involve the audience by asking for their opinions or having them participate in a game or activity related to the products. Additionally, make sure to leave time for questions and interaction at the end of the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
  • VeronicaW