• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?

the co-ed crowd thought I was talking about sex when I mentioned the Core & More. I had a great show last night. It was a co-ed crowd of people who are really good friends. Lots of laughter and joking around. Unfortunately, this is not the first time my mouth has gotten ahead of my brain. It's the first time, as far as I can recall, that I ever gave the impression that I was discussing sex. But, definitely not the first time I've said something stupid.
raebates
Staff member
I had a great show last night. It was a co-ed crowd of people who are really good friends. Lots of laughter and joking around.

I was talking about the Core & More. When I talk about the new Double-Sided Scoop, I always mention that I've never had great success with the standard melon ball tools.

Last night I stumbled on the word success. You know, just a little stutter as I was saying, "success." Well, evidently, what everyone heard was, "sex." That's right. I told a room full of men and women that, "I've never had really great sex." :eek:

Now, I don't necessarily embarrass easily. But, when they pointed out that that's what it sounded like, there was no way to hide my embarrassment. It was the joke of the evening.

I told my DH about it when he got home. He's a bit concerned that there is now a whole group of people who think he's not taking care of his husbandly duties.

So, when you're in the midst of doing your demo, make sure that your mouth does not get ahead of your brain. You could do serious damage to the ego of your significant other. :rolleyes:

Tell him as long as YOU know just how he performs his "duties" .... he needn't worry about he masses out there! :)

No - You have never had great sex with the standard melon ball tools Of course once the word sex is out there they forgot the rest of the line

Yeah, Kathy, I'm smart enough to know that beyond my "You KNOW that's not what I meant!" comment, anything I said would just have dug the hole deeper.

Diane, my DH is so used to me chewing on my sneakers that he reallly won't give it a second thought. I did, however, assure him that I have no complaints whatsoever in that department.

What's that saying? "Any Press Is Good Press"......In this case, you made them laugh, and they will remember you as the funny PC lady!:D It's good to be remembered!

Oh yeah, I'm guessing those people will never forget that party!

That is too much! Poor hubby... getting a bad rap. LOL

I've decided to tell him it's the whole opposite thing, like when you call the big guy "Tiny."

That sounds like a great idea!

OMG Rae! That is hilarious!! NOW I HAVE TO COME TO ONE OF YOUR SHOWS!!!!! LOL :p

I can't guarantee a big verbal faux pas, but you're always welcome at my shows.

Another thing cracked me up at that show. I was about 10 minutes into the show, when the woman immediately on my left, a former host, said very loudly, "Oh my gosh, your earrings are whisks."

I stopped mid-sentence and turned to her. Everyone was laughing. I said, "Yes they are."

She said, "I'm sorry. I just noticed it. Those are so cute."

So I told her that I made them from miniatures I got at Hobby Lobby. Things like this are the reason last night's demo lasted almost an hour and a half; waaay longer than my usual demo. Of course, the 10 minutes of laughter and joking after my verbal faux pas take a lot of the blame.

:D Rae, Oh my gosh! I was laughing so hard and my 4 year old is asking what's so funny!!:D I told him that I couldn't share the story with him but it's very funny!

THanks for sharing!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
:D Rae, Oh my gosh! I was laughing so hard and my 4 year old is asking what's so funny!!:D I told him that I couldn't share the story with him but it's very funny!

THanks for sharing!!!:D

...just tell your 4-year-old Rae has never had a good night's sleep. :eek: :p

Rae~

You make me laugh! Your poor hubby...you will have to be extra complimentary after the next...well, you know!:eek:

Rae, that is too funny. Probably not funny for you at the time, but yes, you will be remembered at the funny pc lady! I've slipped and said some pretty ridiculous things during my shows, because my mouth engages faster that my brain, but nothing to that magnitude. Don't worry about it...you're only human! At least they were friends...it could have been worse. Could have been a room full of people that would think "OMG, she's talking about sex!" LOL

hahahahahaha, ok, I'm picking myself up now.........Whew, glad it was you and NOT me. Thanks for sharing!!:D :D

Unfortunately, this is not the first time my mouth has gotten ahead of my brain. It's the first time, as far as I can recall, that I ever gave the impression that I was discussing sex. But, definitely not the first time I've said something stupid.Yes, Chris, it would have been horrible if they had reacted badly. Thing is, I would never have known how my verbal slip sounded if they hadn't told me. I would have been blissfully unaware that I aparently insulted my husband's, umm, performance.

Related to Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?

1. What exactly is the "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?"

The "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?" is a product demonstration offered by Pampered Chef that combines the fun of cooking with a workout routine. It includes tips and tricks for making quick and healthy meals while also incorporating exercises to target your core muscles.

2. Is this demo appropriate for all ages?

Yes, the "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?" is suitable for all ages. However, we recommend consulting with a doctor or healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine.

3. Do I need any special equipment or ingredients for this demo?

No, the "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?" only requires basic kitchen equipment and ingredients that can be easily found in most households. We may recommend certain Pampered Chef products, but they are not necessary to participate in the demo.

4. Can I modify the exercises if I have physical limitations?

Absolutely. Our product demonstrations are designed to be inclusive and adaptable for all fitness levels and abilities. We encourage participants to modify the exercises as needed and listen to their bodies.

5. How do I sign up for the "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?"

You can sign up for the "Embarrassing Demo Mishap: Great Sex or Core & More?" by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or checking the events page on our website. Space may be limited, so we recommend signing up in advance to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PCSarahjm
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies