• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Perfectionism Hindering Your Success?

In summary, the conversation discusses the misconception that successful people were born that way and did not face any challenges or setbacks. It emphasizes the importance of not comparing oneself to others and to keep striving even when faced with obstacles. The conversation also touches on the idea of giving others love and not focusing on material things. It ends with a reminder to never give up and to keep building character.
susanr613
Gold Member
I read the following this morning and it helped me a lot. I am a perfectionist who sets really high expectations for myself. This is grounding.

"There is a very serious mistake that many people make when they think about the perfection of the great scholars and righteous people of the past. They focus solely on the end result of all the years these great people spent working on themselves and overlook the conflicts they had to overcome. The impression is given they were born great and needed no effort to become that way. We do not know about all their inner battles or their falls and mistakes along the way. The result of this is that when a strongly motivated person with high aspirations comes across obstacles and pitfalls he becomes discouraged and feels like giving up. The truth is that everyone feels downhearted at times. Do not expect your path to be an easy one. Regardless of how many times you fall, keep getting up and continue striving and you are guaranteed success in the end."

That's so true, Susan. I think another mistake we make is to compare other people's public persona to our private reality. People present their best selves to others. We don't see them when they're grumpy, disheveled, and in need of a good shower. As we are all gearing up for the holiday hosting season, I'll share the prayer that I have taped inside one of my cabinets. I actually say it whenever I have people coming over. It helps me to keep my perspective. Karen mains is the author:Oh, Lord, give me love for these varied people. Help me have an open heart as well as an open door. Let me not be concerned about how things look or how things taste to the exclusion of how people feel. Help me to give them You. Amen.

:D So True! Think of how many times inventors failed before they got it right & became well known. What if some of our most famous inventors had thrown in the towel??? :eek:

On a side note, Donald Trump once said he was walking down the street, saw a homeless man & realized "he's got more money than me!" At the time, Donald was so far in debt that the thought was true. The homeless man, who had NOTHING, still had more than Donald. It took Donald years to get out of the red & into the black. Even though he "looked" successful during those first few years, he was struggling very hard to pay off debt and become wealthy.

Thanks Susan. So true...it's nice to be reminded sometimes!

Thanks for the reminder Susan. I needed to see that this morning. ;)

So True... Thanks

We are building great character aren't we.. one fumble at a time!! LOL No really.. great advice. Never give up.. persevere!!

susanr613 said:
This is grounding.

gingertannery said:
... one fumble at a time!!

No, it wasn't a fumble, it was grounding. You can lose a fumble but with grounding, you keep the ball except it's at the spot of the foul and you lose a down.

Related to Is Perfectionism Hindering Your Success?

What does "Putting Things in Perspective" mean?

"Putting Things in Perspective" is a phrase that means taking a step back and looking at a situation or problem from a broader and more objective point of view. It involves considering different perspectives and factors that may affect the situation.

Why is putting things in perspective important?

Putting things in perspective is important because it allows us to see the bigger picture and not get caught up in small details or emotions. It can help us make better decisions, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve our overall well-being.

How can I put things in perspective?

There are several ways to put things in perspective, including taking a break and stepping away from the situation, talking to someone else for a different viewpoint, practicing gratitude and focusing on the positives, and considering the long-term implications of the situation.

Can putting things in perspective help with problem-solving?

Yes, putting things in perspective can be a useful tool in problem-solving. It allows us to see the situation from different angles and consider all the factors involved, which can lead to more effective and creative solutions.

Is putting things in perspective a skill that can be learned?

Yes, putting things in perspective is a skill that can be learned and practiced. It may take some time and effort, but with practice, it can become easier to see situations from a more balanced and objective perspective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies