• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Pampered Chef Chicken & Dumpling Recipe?

In summary, the author suggests getting ingredients, cooking chicken, making noodles, and adding ingredients to make the recipe.
pckrissy
Anyone have a good recipe for chicken and dumplings? I make mine in a crock pot and it is just ok....thanks in advance for any help!

Step 1: Get in car.
Step 2: Go to Cracker Barrell. :)

I have tried to make good chicken and dumplings my whole life. Haven't succeeded yet. I know my mom used to drop refridgerated biscuits into hers instead of making the dumplings. I don't know what she used for her base though.

Jessamary said:
Step 1: Get in car.
Step 2: Go to Cracker Barrell. :)

I have tried to make good chicken and dumplings my whole life. Haven't succeeded yet. I know my mom used to drop refridgerated biscuits into hers instead of making the dumplings. I don't know what she used for her base though.

I thought that was my family's secret recipe!

Thanks for the laughs :) Cracker Barrell is a bit out of the way though....I am not giving up on finding a good recipe....actually I like the dumplings made with Bisquick...I just can't find the right base ?? for the chicken...the one I make is with cream of chicken soup and it is a bit too thick....if all else fails I will try your recipe! ;)

Check out allrecipes.com they have lots of yummy chick n dumpling recipes with great reviews on there. Good luck, I can't STAND chick n dumplings!

I have made this recipe only once but it turned out SO GOOD! And if I can make it anyone can! LOL2 cups of cooked chicken either shredded or cut into chunks
3 cans chicken broth
Garlic salt or Adobo
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups of flour
1 rounded tsp of baking powder
2 eggs1. Mix flour, baking powder and eggs. You want workable dough so if they are too dry add a few drops of water, too wet a bit more flour. Roll and cut; a pizza cutter or pastry cutter works great! If you get too much baking powder they will have a salty 1/2 cooked taste. Cook noodles in broth. Your cooking time will depend on how thick the noodles are; you will just have to taste it ;-)2. Add cream of chicken soup and seasonings to taste. Add chicken in when the noodles are almost cooked. You may sprinkle with parsley for some color if you would like.Some people add celery, carrots and other veggies to theirs, I like mine basic like Cracker Barrel.HTH

Hi there! I have a delicious recipe for chicken and dumplings that doesn't require any Pampered Chef products. Here's what you'll need:- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté the chicken, onion, and garlic until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Add in the carrots, celery, chicken broth, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. While the soup is simmering, make the dumplings. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk and melted butter until a dough forms.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the simmering soup. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the lid and gently stir the dumplings. Let cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through.
6. Serve hot and enjoy your non-Pampered Chef chicken and dumplings! Let me know how it turns out for you.

What ingredients do I need for the Non-Pampered Chef Chicken & Dumpling Recipe?

The ingredients you will need are:

• 1 whole chicken
  • 1 onion
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Do I need to use a Pampered Chef product to make this recipe?

No, this recipe can be made with any brand of kitchen products.

How long does it take to make the Non-Pampered Chef Chicken & Dumpling Recipe?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is about 2 hours.

Can I use pre-made dumplings for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-made dumplings if you do not want to make them from scratch. Just follow the cooking instructions on the packaging.

Can I use chicken broth instead of whole chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use chicken broth instead of a whole chicken for a quicker and easier version of this recipe. Just substitute the broth for the water and chicken in the recipe and adjust the seasoning to your taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • kcmckay