• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Surprise Boxes This Year? Any Updates?

In summary, it seems that there will be no surprise boxes this year at the conference. It is unknown if they will reintroduce the boxes in the future.
KaryCam
Gold Member
Someone said a couple months back that there would be no surprise boxes this year. Has anyone heard anything else??
Just asking because clustermates who are not going want some sent to them.
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
We'll know when we get there - perhaps that is one of the anticipated go-zillion giveaways?!Many have posted "NO", not sure how they know this.

My AD said that there will be no surprise boxes, I think she got that from a conference call. I'm hoping for lots of giveaways too!

I also heard there are no more surprise boxes at conference. It's too bad, it was alway fun opening them and then swapping items with the person next to you!

doesn't look like there are any surprise boxes here

I'm at NC and went to the First-Timer's Orientation. HO confirmed that they have NO surprise boxes this year. They told us to request it on the evaluation forms and they might reconsider it for the future. BTW--NC is awesome and it hasn't even officially started! We got a slightly bigger version of the catalog tote to use and the colored lanyards (by title) and pins (for years of service, online training, HWC/RUFTH, career sales, various achievements, etc.) are pretty cool. So, instead of having ribbons that get tossed or stay with our nametags, we can transfer the pins to our aprons, totes, etc.

SonyaVerrillo said:
I'm at NC and went to the First-Timer's Orientation. HO confirmed that they have NO surprise boxes this year. They told us to request it on the evaluation forms and they might reconsider it for the future. BTW--NC is awesome and it hasn't even officially started! We got a slightly bigger version of the catalog tote to use and the colored lanyards (by title) and pins (for years of service, online training, HWC/RUFTH, career sales, various achievements, etc.) are pretty cool. So, instead of having ribbons that get tossed or stay with our nametags, we can transfer the pins to our aprons, totes, etc.

That is very COOL!!!!

Very eager to get there... I fly a redeye tonight and will arrive as Workshop 1 is underway. See everyone at Gen.Session!!

I hope surprise boxes are heavily requested in feedback. I LOVED them and would have been very upset had I got to conference and not had them available. Things like red scrapers, vintage bamboo and the like are big sellers at fairs.I also wish they were available for purchase on the outlet.That tote looks interesting ... would like to see it in person from somebody who went b/c I'm sure someone will be selling them. I need a new cat tote BADLY.

What were surprise boxes? This is my first year as a consultant so I'm new to this.

Kitchen Couture said:
What were surprise boxes? This is my first year as a consultant so I'm new to this.

In the past, HO has sold boxes of retired products at conference, priced ranging from $15 - $50. Purchasers didn't know what they would get, thus the surprise.

It was HO's way of getting rid of excess stock of retired items, but since we now have the outlet, it's unknown if they'll do surprise boxes anymore.

NooraK said:
In the past, HO has sold boxes of retired products at conference, priced ranging from $15 - $50. Purchasers didn't know what they would get, thus the surprise.

It was HO's way of getting rid of excess stock of retired items, but since we now have the outlet, it's unknown if they'll do surprise boxes anymore.

But the best part was opening them there and swapping your stuff with other people..I got some great stuff that way.

I asked the reason they didn't have the surprise boxes and they said they would not have them for a few years because everyone was always getting the same stuff. This would give some time for different things to be available. Not sure I believe this but it is the excuse I got from one of the people at the info desk

I didn't really miss them. In terms of extra cost, this weas the cheapest conference I have been to. Not spending money on surprise boxes or Merrilll was very good to my wallet.

sarahsellcm said:
I asked the reason they didn't have the surprise boxes and they said they would not have them for a few years because everyone was always getting the same stuff. This would give some time for different things to be available. Not sure I believe this but it is the excuse I got from one of the people at the info desk

That would really make some sense though. Since the Surprise Boxes had alot of Outlet items. Look at how long some of our outlet items have been on the outlet?! Some have been there since I started I think- and that was 2 yrs ago!

I got sucked into it last year, and I didn't miss them this year. Can't say they saved me any money- since I spent more money out and about in town (Chicago) with the free time, etc...but I did enjoy THAT alot more than the surprise boxes. ;)

esavvymom said:
That would really make some sense though. Since the Surprise Boxes had alot of Outlet items. Look at how long some of our outlet items have been on the outlet?! Some have been there since I started I think- and that was 2 yrs ago!

I got sucked into it last year, and I didn't miss them this year. Can't say they saved me any money- since I spent more money out and about in town (Chicago) with the free time, etc...but I did enjoy THAT alot more than the surprise boxes. ;)

I'd have to agree with you Bobbi. The whole experience was fun (swapping and what not) but then when I saw how much it cost to have them shipped back (an additional $55!), I wanted to cry.

1. What are "No Surprise Boxes"?

"No Surprise Boxes" are a special promotion that Pampered Chef offers during the holiday season. These boxes contain a surprise selection of products at a discounted price.

2. Is Pampered Chef not offering "No Surprise Boxes" this year?

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances, we will not be offering "No Surprise Boxes" this year. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to bring them back in the future.

3. Will there be any other promotions or deals to make up for the absence of "No Surprise Boxes"?

Yes, we will still be offering other promotions and deals throughout the holiday season. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

4. Are there any updates on when "No Surprise Boxes" will return?

At this time, we do not have any updates on when "No Surprise Boxes" will return. We will make an announcement if and when they become available again.

5. Can I still purchase individual products from the "No Surprise Boxes" lineup?

Yes, all of the products that would have been included in the "No Surprise Boxes" are available for individual purchase on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • VAGirlChef