• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Odd Shipment Mystery: Unidentified CD Case in Delivered Box

In summary, someone dropped a CD case with CDs inside in to a box that was intended for someone else. The case and CDs have been reunited and the CD case's owner has been identified.
taterbug
A couple of days ago I received a show order (I always have them delivered to me). One of the boxes was barely secure on the top - looked like the tape had come loose where they seal the top together. It was enough so that you could stick your hand under the tape and down in to the box.
This in itself is not highly unusual, as I have received many boxes in that condition; however, as I was unpacking the boxes last night, I found a CD case inside this box. It is a small, zip up CD case and is full of CDs that I do not recognize. I have no idea who it belongs to.....someone that packed the box.....someone in the shipment process......the delivery driver.
I have no way to identify who this belongs to and as I said, I don't recognize any of the artists on the CDs. I really don't know what to do with it. I can definitely say that was a first.

Awww...someone dropped it in by mistake. They must be looking EVERYWHERE for their CDs. :(

If it were me, I would start with the delivery driver since he is probably "regular". The next time you expect FedEx, maybe leave a note for him asking if he lost CDs?

It could be from when the package was packed, at PC. My thought is that it would be worth a try. As far as I know we only have one shipping location...right? And I think there is an email for a person who handles all the warehouse/shipping issues, so maybe you coudl email that person to find out from their employees if anyone lost anything?

That email has been mentioned here before, but I am sure someone who knows coudl post it.

I would try since if it were me that lost something, I would be upset and would be hoping someone would try to return it.

That is a good idea; thanks. I thought the same thing too....felt bad for the person who apparently didn't realize it was put in/fell in the box. Hopefully though, the owner, if found, wouldn't get in trouble for being careless. That would be my luck....try to do something good for somebody and end up getting them in trouble :O).
When I get home I will send an email to HO. I want to be able to describe the CD case. Maybe upon closer inspection, I will find something that identifies who it belongs to.

Someone in my family (a zillion years ago) opened a package of Cracker Jacks and got a fine brooch. If I recall the story correctly, it was a ruby brooch. I don't think they were as set on finding the poor person that lost it as you are! :)

I did find a business card inside the CD case for an auto dealership about twenty miles from my town. This makes me think it belongs to the FedEx driver. I am going to look in to trying to find them.

...like reading a mystery--you're a fine sleuth!

no to be cynical, but transportation companies aren't the most reliable. Are they actual music cd's or burnt ones from a computer? If they're burnt, I would check to make sure it's actually music on the discs and not some prohibited material. It seems pretty sketchy, but if it's actually music, give it back to the driver next time he delivers a package to you. If it's not, call the police.

There is a combination; some actual (store bought) CDs and some that have obviously been burnt. This is not too odd; in fact, it's the way my own CD case looks.

You can call your local hub and find out what driver was on your route that day!

Mystery was solved today. FedEx delivered my changover package this morning and the CD case has been reunited with its owner. It is apparently kept on one of the shelves/racks in the back of the truck and it must have fallen and slid in to the box (and yes, I could see that happening with the not so wonderful tape job on the box).

That is funny if you ask me.* Glad that it found its way home.

My box came the same way--I tried to grab it using the loose tape as a handle to carry up the stairs, but was unsuccessful.

What should I do if I receive an odd shipment from Pampered Chef?

If you receive an odd shipment from Pampered Chef, please contact our Customer Service team at 1-888-687-2433. They will be able to assist you and provide further instructions.

Can you explain what you mean by an "odd shipment"?

An odd shipment refers to a package that you received from Pampered Chef that contains incorrect, damaged, or missing items. It can also refer to a package that you did not order or a shipment that arrived later than the expected delivery date.

What information should I have ready when I contact Customer Service about an odd shipment?

When contacting our Customer Service team about an odd shipment, please have your order number, the items received, and a description of the issue ready. This will help us resolve the issue more efficiently.

Will I be charged for the incorrect items in an odd shipment?

No, you will not be charged for any incorrect items that were received in an odd shipment. Our Customer Service team will work with you to either send the correct items or issue a refund.

How long will it take for my issue with an odd shipment to be resolved?

We strive to resolve issues with odd shipments as quickly as possible. Our Customer Service team will work with you to provide a resolution within 1-2 business days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • cookingisfunagain