• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars!

I needed that were missing or damaged).In summary, there have been multiple incidents of open and damaged boxes being received by consultants. This has resulted in missing items and damaged products. While some have had positive experiences with customer service, others are frustrated with the packaging and delivery practices of the company. Some suggest contacting HO to file a complaint and suggest changes in packaging to avoid future issues.
kam
Staff member
Geez, things must go in waves.

I have a good friend who ordered off of the outlet. Her box arrived OPEN! Suprisingly the only thing missing was the Cake tester, so I will just replace it form one I have from last year. I am glad she is a friend and was understanding.

My Supply Order came Friday and that box had obviously been re-tapped. You could tell, there was tons of tape all over. It had apparently opened. It was no big deal since most of it was paperwork, but most of the items were a little dirty. Atleast it was paperwork - and that is all wrapped so it wiped off - but I am glad I didn't have anything that mattered. Well, I take that back. My roll of Parchment Paper was open on both ends and the whole box is slanted - shaped like a diamond, not a square. That should be fun to try to tear off sheets...

Then to top it off, my 2009 Consultant Planner came today BENT IN HALF! Ugh. It looks awful. This will be very professional to open up and use to book dates.:grumpy:

Sorry, just had to vent. Wish they would tape the boxes up better since we know how careful FedEx is with the boxes! (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I wasn't happy with the way my new consultant planner came to me either. It was bent from being placed in my mailbox. This hasn't happened to me before, so I wonder what is up with that.

Did you call HO and complain about the box's being opened? they can file a claim with Fedex!

I have NEVER gotten a box of parchment paper in an order, whether for a customer or on supply order for myself, that HASN'T been bent and mangled in the shipping process. I wish there was some way they could package it differently, because it's pretty embarrassing to have that reaching our customers in that condition every time.
PS - I should mention that I did speak with reps at HO about this, and they assured me it would be fixed...but then my supply order last week had the same problem again. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up on the consultant planners. I'll try to watch for my mail delivery. I was just thinking this morning that they should be coming soon.

Sorry to hear about the open boxes. Do tell HO about this. This is not right!

If enough of us get our consultant planners bent like you did they ought to put a do not bend label on the envelopes!

The parchment box is the worst. It comes apart so easily.

FWIW, my "real job" uses FedUp, too. It is very seldom that I receive a carton that isn't crushed, opened or otherwise mishandled in some way. I'd complain, as I'm usually the one who points out that the Emperor has no clothes, but I know it'll just fall on deaf ears and mark me as a constant whiner.ETA: I was referring to my current employer, and not TPC. TPC is top-notch in resolving such things.

Last edited:
kam said:
Geez, things must go in waves.

I have a good friend who ordered off of the outlet. Her box arrived OPEN! Suprisingly the only thing missing was the Cake tester, so I will just replace it form one I have from last year. I am glad she is a friend and was understanding.

My Supply Order came Friday and that box had obviously been re-tapped. You could tell, there was tons of tape all over. It had apparently opened. It was no big deal since most of it was paperwork, but most of the items were a little dirty. Atleast it was paperwork - and that is all wrapped so it wiped off - but I am glad I didn't have anything that mattered. Well, I take that back. My roll of Parchment Paper was open on both ends and the whole box is slanted - shaped like a diamond, not a square. That should be fun to try to tear off sheets...
Then to top it off, my 2009 Consultant Planner came today BENT IN HALF! Ugh. It looks awful. This will be very professional to open up and use to book dates.:grumpy:

Sorry, just had to vent. Wish they would tape the boxes up better since we know how careful FedEx is with the boxes! (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

I would definitely complain to HO about this! They should replace the cake tester, not you! Same goes for the parchment paper, though, I do agree with the others that that packaging sucks! I have had some issues with open boxes and FedEx as well. When I've complained to HO, I have been happy with the outcomes (which has usually been a reissue of damaged things), even if it took longer than it should have to resolve it. Bottom line, HO needs to know if we aren't happy with something, or nothing will ever get fixed.

Yes, I do plan on letting them know about the open boxes. Just because nothing major was lost/damaged this time doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

I am actually upset about the Consultant Planner. I wasn't going to say anything to HO, but now maybe I will (though I know this is a post office issue). Last year's came nice and flat. So, yes, what is the deal? It just looks crummy and like I can't keep my things nice.

I am glad I am not the only one that has had issues with the Parchment paper.

Thanks! I feel better for venting! (Since I couldn't get through last night to HO - no call back option :()

Last year my consultant planner arrived bent and they replaced it for me. I was shocked that it came in such a flimsy paper envelope this year but fortunately mine is not damaged. Call.

I agree that they will replace the cake tester for you and definitely tell them about the parchment paper box. I think the new one is way better then the old box it used to come in but it's still too flimsy!

Also, I have had several boxes retaped and I can never understand why they do it so sloppily and with so much tape. You'd think they wouldn't want it to be so obvious. Contact HO about this and call FedEx too. They need to know.

My National Meeting Night box came damaged and it was left at the garage door in a place where my husband would definitely have driven over it if I had not seen it before dark. I complained to HO and they called me on it to apologize and tell me that they had notified FedEx. An official at FedEx called me and apologized and said it was not acceptable and would send a notice out to drivers about where to leave packages (at all houses). He said they need to know when packages are damaged because they value PC's business and strive to do better. Call.

BethCooks4U said:
Last year my consultant planner arrived bent and they replaced it for me. I was shocked that it came in such a flimsy paper envelope this year but fortunately mine is not damaged. Call.
It would be nice if they could replace it - I was not thinking that they would do that, but I can always ask.

BethCooks4U said:
I agree that they will replace the cake tester for you and definitely tell them about the parchment paper box. I think the new one is way better then the old box it used to come in but it's still too flimsy!
I was thinking they wouldn't replace it since it was part of the Baker's set. My friend was actually OK about not getting it - but I am insisting that she take one from me. But since I am calling on the Planner and the open boxes, I'll see if they can help with this too.

BethCooks4U said:
Also, I have had several boxes retaped and I can never understand why they do it so sloppily and with so much tape. You'd think they wouldn't want it to be so obvious. Contact HO about this and call FedEx too. They need to know.
Yes, it was VERY obvious. :)

BethCooks4U said:
My National Meeting Night box came damaged and it was left at the garage door in a place where my husband would definitely have driven over it if I had not seen it before dark. I complained to HO and they called me on it to apologize and tell me that they had notified FedEx. An official at FedEx called me and apologized and said it was not acceptable and would send a notice out to drivers about where to leave packages (at all houses). He said they need to know when packages are damaged because they value PC's business and strive to do better. Call.
Last year we ordered a picture and it came in a flat box. DHL leaned it up against the Garage doors. Didn't know it was there. I was at home, so when I opened the garage door to leave, the box had fallen flat and I pulled out the car and ran right over the picture and broke the frame and everything!! I couldn't imagine why anyone would put a box in front of a garage door!

Definitely let HO know- about all of them. And take photos when your boxes arrive and the contents!! Even if they turn out 'ok' on the inside, you just never know. I had this happen to me once last year with some apples I ordered (unrelated to PC, yes, but the same concept here..bare with me :) ). The front flap was open- so before we even opened it completely, I went ahead and took a photo....opened the box and one apple was gone from along the front. It was opened just enough anyone could EASILY reach their hand in and pull out an apple. I sent the photos to the company- and was pleasant about it, but wanted to let them know. These weren't cheap. The company sent me an entirely new box, but thanked me for the photos- because it was a common thing that had been happening to them the last few months- but no one had thought to take photos that they could use as proof to the shipper (This was UPS I think).Point is- HO may need evidence! ANd enough people turning it in or having it available, they may finally switch from FedEx to DHL or UPS or something.

esavvymom said:
Point is- HO may need evidence! ANd enough people turning it in or having it available, they may finally switch from FedEx to DHL or UPS or something.

Unless there are MAJOR problems, a switch back to UPS is unlikely. HO switched to FE last year, after sticking with UPS for many, many years, through many significant rate increases. UPS thought HO would just sit back and stay with them. Had they done that, our shipping prices would be much higher than they are now (according to Rich Hlava at HO).

esavvymom said:
Definitely let HO know- about all of them. And take photos when your boxes arrive and the contents!! Even if they turn out 'ok' on the inside, you just never know. I had this happen to me once last year with some apples I ordered (unrelated to PC, yes, but the same concept here..bare with me :) ). The front flap was open- so before we even opened it completely, I went ahead and took a photo....opened the box and one apple was gone from along the front. It was opened just enough anyone could EASILY reach their hand in and pull out an apple. I sent the photos to the company- and was pleasant about it, but wanted to let them know. These weren't cheap. The company sent me an entirely new box, but thanked me for the photos- because it was a common thing that had been happening to them the last few months- but no one had thought to take photos that they could use as proof to the shipper (This was UPS I think).

Point is- HO may need evidence! ANd enough people turning it in or having it available, they may finally switch from FedEx to DHL or UPS or something.

I heard DHL was in financial trouble and laying off people. We used to be with UPS but they wouldn't negotiate our rates and thought they had us - they called our bluff and HO went with FedEx. As much trouble as we have with FedEx we had with UPS.

Definitely take pictures. One of my consultants' hosts took pictures of her mangled boxes and HO and FedEx both investigated it all thoroughly and were very glad to get the pics. The more they see the sooner it will get better.

My Consultant Planner never made it last year. I called HO 6 times and finally one arrived in March! This year mine also arrived bent...but not too badly since we have a larger mailbox. They definitely need to realize that they need "Do not Bend" stickers on there...although sometimes that is an incentive to bend it!

I received a supply order on Saturday and the corner of the envelope was open and my quik cut knives were laying on my front porch. :(

I also received my planner yesterday. It was a tad bent, which I thought was weird since I have a large mail box and it fit's easily without having to bend it.

I received my bent and the edges of the envelope were torn almost completely around it. Last year it came the same way. I'm going to call HO today.

Update:

I called HO.
I am getting a new planner and I asked for "DO NOT BEND" to be marked on it so we don't go through this again! :)
They are also replacing the cake tester from my friend's outlet order.:)

I mentioned about the opened boxes. While the Rep was very nice - he didn't seem too concerned. So I am not sure if the warehose is going to be notified that they may have an issue with boxes coming open in transit.

I did not mention the Parchment paper. It was late and I forgot!! And since the Parchment Paper still technically works, I really did not want PC spending money to send me a new roll that (based on consensus here) will most likely come the same way! I will just have to tape up the box nicely.

1. What is Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars!?

Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! is a unique tool from Pampered Chef that helps you open stubborn boxes and bend calendars with ease.

2. How does Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! work?

Simply place the tool on the edge of the box or calendar and press down. The sharp edge of the tool will easily cut through the tape or paper, making it easy to open or bend.

3. Is Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! safe to use?

Yes, Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! is made with high-quality materials and is designed to be safe to use. However, as with any tool, it is important to use caution and keep it out of reach of children.

4. Can I use Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! for anything else?

While this tool is primarily designed for opening boxes and bending calendars, it can also be used for other tasks such as cutting through packaging or opening envelopes.

5. Is Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! dishwasher safe?

Yes, Vent: Open Boxes, Bent Calendars! is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, hand washing is also recommended for best results and to prolong the life of the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
pamperedalf