• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Dress Code for This Year?

In summary, there is no dress code for this year's conference, but if you are new, you would have no way of knowing this. Some who are new have said they've never seen a dress code for this year, so I went in search, and also cannot find anywhere it's written - including the Business Guide and Consultant Policy manuals. Some are finding out at this late date that they may need to wear dressier clothes than they are used to. I know in the past the policy has always been business casual. Please clarify this and it would be helpful if something could go out to all consultants letting them know. Thanks!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - I would just like for someone to post where the dress code is for this year, because I can't find one anywhere.

Some who are new have said they've never seen a dress code for this year, so I went in search, and also cannot find anywhere it's written - including the Business Guide and Consultant Policy manuals.

I would assume the same as always -- business casual -- no shorts, blue jeans, tank tops, etc..... Just my opinion. We're still at a "meeting" and still representing The Pampered Chef.

I just sent this to the meetings dept...

Official Dress code question
There seems to be a lot of confusion for many new consultants. There has been nothing posted and I could not find anything on line in either the business guide/ policy guide or meeting policies. For many of these new consultants just attending conference is an expense. Some are finding out at this late date that they may need to wear dressier clothes than they are used to. I know in the past the policy has always been business casual. Please clarify this and it would be helpful if something could go out to all consultants letting them know.
Thanks!

gaddischef said:
I would assume the same as always -- business casual -- no shorts, blue jeans, tank tops, etc..... Just my opinion. We're still at a "meeting" and still representing The Pampered Chef.
Yes, but if you are new, you would have no way of knowing this. That was my point. It's not written anywhere that I could find.

etteluap70PC said:
I just sent this to the meetings dept...

Official Dress code question
There seems to be a lot of confusion for many new consultants. There has been nothing posted and I could not find anything on line in either the business guide/ policy guide or meeting policies. For many of these new consultants just attending conference is an expense. Some are finding out at this late date that they may need to wear dressier clothes than they are used to. I know in the past the policy has always been business casual. Please clarify this and it would be helpful if something could go out to all consultants letting them know.
Thanks!

Good job, Paulette! Although, I read somewhere else that the Meetings Dept. is "out of the office" for conference as of yesterday.

Figures... Oh well, I told the one person I was in charge of that it was business casual and preferable no jeans. I know she always does her best to look nice so I'm not too worried.

I think if everyone can use their brain and remember that it is a business meeting and to dress to look nice and at least how you would dress for a show.

If you read the conference binder post (below), and print it, there is a section on either pg. 4 or 5 about what to wear. It says "business casual" not denim or shorts. Hope this helps.

Cathy Boucher said:
If you read the conference binder post (below), and print it, there is a section on either pg. 4 or 5 about what to wear. It says "business casual" not denim or shorts. Hope this helps.

That's someone else's made-up binder, not anything official from PC. So, while it's good information, it's not something that would have been read by new consultants attending their first conference - unless they were fortunate enough to be given a copy or found it on here.

I'm kinda struggling with this. I am going to take a couple of skirts/church clothes, but I am not a dressy person. I am a stay at home mom to three boys, and before staying home I was a nanny for 2 years. My wordrobe has been shorts and capri's (and maybe jeans for the one month it is actually cold here). Even our church is a jeans and a polo type environment. I have one pair of dress pants that I wear to church sometimes.
Also, I keep hearing "what you would wear to a show". I never knew we were supposed to dress up for shows. I usually wear a nice pair of jeans and a logo shirt. I pull myself together, but I don't get dressed up. Am I doning something wrong. I was never trained on anything.

lesliec said:
I'm kinda struggling with this. I am going to take a couple of skirts/church clothes, but I am not a dressy person. I am a stay at home mom to three boys, and before staying home I was a nanny for 2 years. My wordrobe has been shorts and capri's (and maybe jeans for the one month it is actually cold here). Even our church is a jeans and a polo type environment. I have one pair of dress pants that I wear to church sometimes.
Also, I keep hearing "what you would wear to a show". I never knew we were supposed to dress up for shows. I usually wear a nice pair of jeans and a logo shirt. I pull myself together, but I don't get dressed up. Am I doning something wrong. I was never trained on anything.

Right now, I'm thinking (especially for the newbs, who really haven't seen any info on this until now) that yes, wear what you would to a show. Don't go spending a bunch of money on clothes at this late date - especially if you are already spending alot to make it to conference.

Leslie - from your description of your clothes, it sounds like you're just fine.

Here is my run down of what I'll be wearing:

Day One: Light blue dress capri's with a white shell and a striped linen over blouse w/ blue sandals.

Day Two: If it's the day for Directors to walk, my "Director" dress, and orange espadrilles. If not then switch day 2 & day 3.

Day Three: White dress Capri's with green blouse, and black sandals.

Day Four: White Chino's with orange and white blouse and orange espadrilles.

That's it. The only new items I bought were my dress and shoes and sweater that I'm wearing to Walk.

( I'm not one to get too dressed up - EVER. I even had the most basic of basic wedding dresses. My church is also a "jeans" atmosphere. We chuckle that you can always spot the visitors, because they're the ones all dressed up!)

Hey Leslie!
For shows, it's your business, so go in what feels comfortable for you. I've done shows in jeans. I changed to mostly capri's...and in the winter I've started wearing that one pair of dress pants (our church is super casual, too).
What I've read, capri's are perfect for conference...and I'll bet we see a lot of denim there, too.

I am a "hippie" at heart and am starting my 3rd year as a consultant. I wear jeans for my shows. Not ripped up, holey, stained jeans but nice "jean" jeans or black jeans. I feel that if denim is fine for our official apron it is fine for a show. I always have and always will dress for comfort. We have t-shirt & jeans days here at work - a hospital - my full time job. I saw people in jeans last year - nice jeans- I also saw people in halter tops and short skirts. I personnaly feel that jeans were more appropriate. It seems shallow to try to enforce a "specific" dress code. I do believe that we need to give those in attendance the benefit of the doubt and also thank them for managing their budgets to allow them to travel and maybe not judge. I promised myself, this year, that I would think the same of the halter tops and short skirt crowd as those in the Ann Taylor attire. Just had to vent....:p
Clear your heads and go Monday, with an open mind to learn & share.

If you do a search on CC for "business casual" or "what to wear" you will find: Important Information for All Attendees and it's there. I found it when I first registered for conference.For some reason my Adobe isn't loading so I can see any PDF's right now or else I would post.

Candice said:
If you do a search on CC for "business casual" or "what to wear" you will find: Important Information for All Attendees and it's there. I found it when I first registered for conference.

For some reason my Adobe isn't loading so I can see any PDF's right now or else I would post.

The only one I could find was for New Director's Academy.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only one I could find was for New Director's Academy.
hmmm.....hang on let me try and search.ETA: Darn, PDF files :(

Last edited:
same here Becky

For newbies, they should ask their upline and someone should know. They shouldn't have to read it somewhere if they have someone to talk to. I personally think if you look nice, not sloppy, with nothing hanging out that shouldn't be or too tight that everyone can see everything, then you should be fine. LOL....

Oh, yea -- no one will be kicked out for what they wear! So don't get too stressed about this! ;)

One thing I like to point out is that you can look nice for cheap! I'm a very thrifty shopper. I buy tops and capris at Gordman's and love Vanity's clearance racks!

Here's the thing... I know all this may seem silly but...
1) What if you did not have a director who was a good communicator and you showed up at an official function in jeans and a t-shirt and everyone else was dressed to the "9's". I would feel mortified.
2) I find that dressing up a bit not only makes me feel better but shows respect. My first NC I had NO nicer clothes. All I had was jeans except for the 1 pair of khakis I had purchased to wear at shows. That year I did wear nice jeans and nice tops and felt OK. I did the best I could but was glad to know what was expected of me.Also I feel as a society we have become a bit lax in our attitudes over time and clothing is just one aspect. I pretty much only shop the clearance racks even at Walmart and fashion bug. I think about NC and business wear all the time. I have some really nice things I have gotten for $5 or less!

etteluap70PC said:
Here's the thing... I know all this may seem silly but...
1) What if you did not have a director who was a good communicator and you showed up at an official function in jeans and a t-shirt and everyone else was dressed to the "9's". I would feel mortified.
2) I find that dressing up a bit not only makes me feel better but shows respect.

My first NC I had NO nicer clothes. All I had was jeans except for the 1 pair of khakis I had purchased to wear at shows. That year I did wear nice jeans and nice tops and felt OK. I did the best I could but was glad to know what was expected of me.

Also I feel as a society we have become a bit lax in our attitudes over time and clothing is just one aspect.

I pretty much only shop the clearance racks even at Walmart and fashion bug. I think about NC and business wear all the time. I have some really nice things I have gotten for $5 or less!

I agree with the bolded! For instance, my husband is in a very professional field and yet he wears jeans and a button down shirt to work! Granted they are nice Lucky and Banana Republic, but they are still jeans. I was surprised when he said that everybody wears them.

For the first time ever I went to garage sales and I found some clothes New With Tags for $1 a piece! The tags were marked for $50 for the pants and whatnot. I went to them specifically looking for business clothes. I do dress up for my shows, but everyday wear I wear logo shirts and jeans or shorts.

Ok, I have a somewhat related question. I currently have two decent outfits for NC. I have to shop anyway, not only for NC, but for my 2 week trip to CA in August, and just for life in general. However, with two trips within in 1 month period, I don't have a lot of spending money, so if I can reduce the amount to buy, so much the better. Here's the question: Would it be tacky or appropriate to wear logowear? I have the black wrap-around shirt, which I LOVE. I realize black and 3/4 sleeves might not be good for the heat of Chicago, but I'm assuming McCormick Center will be pretty well air-conditioned. Would you suggest wearing it?

pampchefsarah said:
Ok, I have a somewhat related question. I currently have two decent outfits for NC. I have to shop anyway, not only for NC, but for my 2 week trip to CA in August, and just for life in general. However, with two trips within in 1 month period, I don't have a lot of spending money, so if I can reduce the amount to buy, so much the better. Here's the question: Would it be tacky or appropriate to wear logowear? I have the black wrap-around shirt, which I LOVE. I realize black and 3/4 sleeves might not be good for the heat of Chicago, but I'm assuming McCormick Center will be pretty well air-conditioned. Would you suggest wearing it?

I have seen a lot of people wear logo wear to National Conference! You'll look fine in that!

Paulette and Wadesgirl, thanks for the input on clearance shopping. I am an avid garage sale shopper and love a great deal. My problem is that I only have one pair of dress slacks. I am tall and extremely long legged. I can't find dress pants for any less for $50 and in a pinch I can't find that great of a deal. I have nice tops, b/c that is what I usually wear around here, but I really only have jeans or shorts to go with them. I have a pair of dress knee length shorts, but they are brown, and that would then require me to take another pair of shoes with me (I am taking 2 and they are both black).
I know it will work out. I am just trying to pack really lightly and only do carryons. I am spending all of my budget to go and to pay for childcare for my 3 kids while I am gone and DH is at work.

lesliec said:
Paulette and Wadesgirl, thanks for the input on clearance shopping. I am an avid garage sale shopper and love a great deal. My problem is that I only have one pair of dress slacks. I am tall and extremely long legged. I can't find dress pants for any less for $50 and in a pinch I can't find that great of a deal. I have nice tops, b/c that is what I usually wear around here, but I really only have jeans or shorts to go with them. I have a pair of dress knee length shorts, but they are brown, and that would then require me to take another pair of shoes with me (I am taking 2 and they are both black).
I know it will work out. I am just trying to pack really lightly and only do carryons. I am spending all of my budget to go and to pay for childcare for my 3 kids while I am gone and DH is at work.

Leslie.. as long as you are doing the best you can then no one will fault you. As someone else mentioned you will not be kicked out of NC for wearing jeans. It is a guideline...

lesliec said:

I have been know to wear the same pants and various shirts for a few days in a row. It is a whole new outfit with a new shirt!! I have the same issue, but with finding short pants that are the right length.

I usually wear capri's/dockers type pants except when on stage. It's hot in Chicago, and they look fine. I also wear tennis shoes (nice ones) or sandles (not flip flops) and it looks just fine.

I'm a dressy/casual girl. Here's what I'll be wearing.Monday: khakis, a PC polo, and chunky-heeled pumpsTuesday: gray slacks, white shell, black jacket, PC scarf, and black heelsWednesday: black slacks, bright multi-colored caftan (no one will miss me), and black chunky-heeled pumpsThursday: khakis, brown PC polo, chunky-heeled pumpsI'm bringing along jeans and funky sneakers for after hours.No, no one will be kicked out for not adhering to the dress code. In the past you had to go looking for it, but it was there. Now it seems to have disappeared. I'm adding that to my list of comments for the after-NC survey.

lesliec said:

I have the same problem with pants. I have a 36-37" inseam and can never find anything. I was amazed when I went to CATO for the first time today and i tried on the slacks and they were almost too long for me! If you have one near you, I highly recommend it. I got a pair of white slacks on clearance for $18 today. Needless to say, I was THRILLED!

Thanks Deanna!!!! I'll have to check them out. Don't think there's one in our closest town, but I am sure one of the other ones have one.

Keep in mind that Home Office folks love to meet and greet, and you may possibly have breakfast next to Marla (she was at our table) or Lisa Flynn (she sat next to me) and you want to look nice, not 'wish you looked better'.

Be professional. You are CEO of your own business. How do you want to come across to people? You never get a second chance to make a first impression...Always dress well: it makes an attractive person even more attractive, and an ordinary person less noticeable!

scottcooks said:
Keep in mind that Home Office folks love to meet and greet, and you may possibly have breakfast next to Marla (she was at our table) or Lisa Flynn (she sat next to me) and you want to look nice, not 'wish you looked better'.

Be professional. You are CEO of your own business. How do you want to come across to people? You never get a second chance to make a first impression...Always dress well: it makes an attractive person even more attractive, and an ordinary person less noticeable!

well said! :)

lesliec said:

I hear ya. Tonight I wore a solid color v-neck knit shirt, denim capris, and flip flops to my show! I have gotten more casual the longer I do this. I usually wear khaki type pants or capris and a solid color knit shirt with closed toe shoes.

scottcooks said:

Such good points, Scott.

I live in a very casual area, so I almost always wear jeans to do my shows along with a PC logo top--lightweight knit or polo when it's warm; sweatshirt when it's cold. I would never think of dressing that way for NC. When I meet Marla, Jean, Lisa, or Doris, I want to feel confident and poised. After all, they always look professional and put-together.

I have planned to be more casual this year at NC. I usually wear slacks with sweater sets or nice shirts and healed sandals. This year I'm pretty much wearing capris, sandals and a nice shirt. I'm kinda frustrated with my wardrobe right now. I've lost weight (which is a good thing!) but my pants are all to big for me now, I went shopping for new ones, but my problem is that I am short and even with heals the petite pants are still too long and I just don't have time to hem them - so capris it is this year.

lesliec said:

I was taught that we should dress for success. Present the image we would like people to see. Personally, I intend to make it to the executive level one day (the sooner, the better) and thus, dress as professionally as I can afford to at conference.

It makes me feel good, it puts me in the professional frame of mind. I know if I showed up to NC in jeans, I'd "feel" like I was in jeans...in other words, I'd feel totally relaxed and casual and not business-focused at all. I plan to keep my head in the game and dress as such.

I have dress slacks and a logo button down oxford style shirt for Monday (my travel day and most casual) and pantsuits for the the other 3 days. And an FYI - I bought my pantsuits at a consignment shop dirt cheap. You don't have to spend big bucks to look professional.

scottcooks said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lesliec said:

I'm taking two pairs of capris and wearning them for the four days! There is nothing wrong with that, no one will notice. If you are concerned, you can always take a small bottle of Febreeze and spray them at night to keep them smelling good.

I def agree with dressing for success! I don't "dress up" for shows but I do wear something nice. You won't see me in formal wear with heels, up do, etc. But I do usually wear a nice bare of dressy sandels or shoes, slacks or capris and a nice top, small amount of makeup and my hair pulled back.

pamperedlinda said:
I have planned to be more casual this year at NC. I usually wear slacks with sweater sets or nice shirts and healed sandals. This year I'm pretty much wearing capris, sandals and a nice shirt. I'm kinda frustrated with my wardrobe right now. I've lost weight (which is a good thing!) but my pants are all to big for me now, I went shopping for new ones, but my problem is that I am short and even with heals the petite pants are still too long and I just don't have time to hem them - so capris it is this year.

Capris (and other "high water pants") have been a godsend for the vertically challenged these past several years! Here, I can get away with wearing them about 11 months out of the year. I never liked the "Business Length Bermudas" back in the 1980's - I wanted to but they never worked for me. (What was the point if you needed to wear pantyhose with them?)

Anyway, Capris Rock! Back to your regular thread.​

Maybe it's because I'm a guy but why be so concern about dress codes? Be comfortable! As it was mentionned, you are your business' own CEO. When I do shows, I only wear white shirts and mostly dress pants but for meetings, I'll probably wear nice clean denim blue jeans or coloured ones with a nice shirt. Why do I need to impress the tops guns at PC? I need to impress and look successful for my customers and potential customers. I will meet no potential customers at conference so I will just dress comfortably and cleanly. But then again, I'm in Canada eah! Enjoy conference girls and don't stress over clothes!

Chef Gilles said:
Maybe it's because I'm a guy but why be so concern about dress codes? Be comfortable! As it was mentionned, you are your business' own CEO. When I do shows, I only wear white shirts and mostly dress pants but for meetings, I'll probably wear nice clean denim blue jeans or coloured ones with a nice shirt. Why do I need to impress the tops guns at PC? I need to impress and look successful for my customers and potential customers. I will meet no potential customers at conference so I will just dress comfortably and cleanly. But then again, I'm in Canada eah! Enjoy conference girls and don't stress over clothes!

that sorta says it all....:D:D:D:D

Chef Gilles said:

Actually, every year you hear about tons of consultants who end up signing new recruits while at National Conference.

would it be bad to bring a pair of flip flops with me in case my feet start to hurt in my other shoes?

Candice said:
would it be bad to bring a pair of flip flops with me in case my feet start to hurt in my other shoes?

Personally - and you can take it or leave it, because I know I'm in a very small minority - I think flip flops are great . . . for the beach, for the park, for stomping around your own yard, etc. But, inside, especially in a business or formal setting, where others have to hear that annoying noise for which they are named(!), I consider it very inappropriate. Like I said, though, that may be just me.

You know, I only wear two pairs of slacks during the work week, with a pair of jeans on Fridays. Why do I feel I have to have a different pair of pants every day of NC? Thanks, Amanda, you just saved me a bunch of money I don't have to spend!

I agree, also, with wearing your nicely, and putting on some make-up. I have empirical proof this makes a huge difference in how people view you. I wore logo wear, and carried my catalog tote one day. Have done this in the past many times. This day was different, though, because I had fixed my hair and put on make-up for an event I was doing. While running errands after the event three different people approached ME about PC!! Usually, nobody says a word!

pampchefsarah said:
Personally - and you can take it or leave it, because I know I'm in a very small minority - I think flip flops are great . . . for the beach, for the park, for stomping around your own yard, etc. But, inside, especially in a business or formal setting, where others have to hear that annoying noise for which they are named(!), I consider it very inappropriate. Like I said, though, that may be just me.

You know, I only wear two pairs of slacks during the work week, with a pair of jeans on Fridays. Why do I feel I have to have a different pair of pants every day of NC? Thanks, Amanda, you just saved me a bunch of money I don't have to spend!

I agree, also, with wearing your nicely, and putting on some make-up. I have empirical proof this makes a huge difference in how people view you. I wore logo wear, and carried my catalog tote one day. Have done this in the past many times. This day was different, though, because I had fixed my hair and put on make-up for an event I was doing. While running errands after the event three different people approached ME about PC!! Usually, nobody says a word!

I agree with the Text in bold 100%

If you're worried about your feet hurting, see if you can find a cheap pair of ballet flats to wear. I found some made by Dr. Scholl's that are specifically designed to fit in a small purse and to be worn when heels become too painful. I found them in the clearance section at Wal-Mart for $6.41. I also came across some Crocs the other day at Big Lots on sale for $10. I bought both because, well...just because. Crocs are always comfortable for me, and these look like ballet flats so I can wear with my dress clothes and both will easily fit in a small tote bag.

I bought a pair of heeled crocs that are awesome! I'm taking them with me. I never wore heels because my feet hurt at the end of the day. These heels are Heaven! My feet feel better in them than they do in some flats. AND they are very classy looking. I'm wearing them with a pair of black slacks and a blouse that is black with a black lace over it. I'm here for a business conference, so I like to dress for success.

Candice said:

I am wearing nicer flip flops most of the time. They are super comfy and outside of tennis shoes they are the only shoes I can wear for an extended period of time. I don't see anything wrong with it. Most nice shoes aren't comfortable anyway

I hear your frustration on the petite pants. I'm also very petite and lost weight recently. I plan to wear capris also.

<h2>1. What is the dress code for this year?</h2><p>The dress code for Pampered Chef consultants is professional and put-together. This includes a neat and clean appearance, with no ripped or torn clothing. Please avoid clothing with offensive graphics or messages. </p><h2>2. Where can I find the dress code for this year?</h2><p>The dress code for Pampered Chef is not posted online, but it can be found in the Business Guide and Consultant Policy manuals. If you are unable to find it, please reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef support team for assistance. </p><h2>3. Do I need to wear a specific color or style of clothing?</h2><p>There is no specific color or style requirement for Pampered Chef consultants. However, it is recommended to wear neutral or muted colors, as they are more professional and will not distract from the products. </p><h2>4. Can I wear jeans or casual clothing to events or parties?</h2><p>It is best to avoid wearing casual clothing like jeans to Pampered Chef events or parties. Dressing professionally shows respect for your role as a consultant and the products you are representing. </p><h2>5. Is there a specific dress code for virtual events?</h2><p>The same dress code guidelines apply for virtual events as well. Please dress professionally and avoid clothing with offensive graphics or messages. Remember, you are representing Pampered Chef and your appearance should reflect that. </p>

1. What is the dress code for this year?

The dress code for Pampered Chef consultants is professional and put-together. This includes a neat and clean appearance, with no ripped or torn clothing. Please avoid clothing with offensive graphics or messages.

2. Where can I find the dress code for this year?

The dress code for Pampered Chef is not posted online, but it can be found in the Business Guide and Consultant Policy manuals. If you are unable to find it, please reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef support team for assistance.

3. Do I need to wear a specific color or style of clothing?

There is no specific color or style requirement for Pampered Chef consultants. However, it is recommended to wear neutral or muted colors, as they are more professional and will not distract from the products.

4. Can I wear jeans or casual clothing to events or parties?

It is best to avoid wearing casual clothing like jeans to Pampered Chef events or parties. Dressing professionally shows respect for your role as a consultant and the products you are representing.

5. Is there a specific dress code for virtual events?

The same dress code guidelines apply for virtual events as well. Please dress professionally and avoid clothing with offensive graphics or messages. Remember, you are representing Pampered Chef and your appearance should reflect that.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
raebates
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies