• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-show for Husband's Birthday: 2 Weeks and Counting

In summary, the individual tried to reach this individual almost non-stop for 2 weeks, but the line was always busy. The only number the individual has for this individual is her cell phone number. The individual made an exception for this individual for this party date, but the individual never contacted the individual back. The individual thinks that this is rude.
pkd09
Silver Member
I am suppose to have a show tomorrow. I have tried to reach this individual almost non-stop for 2 weeks. I have tried early a.m., mid a.m., afternoon, evening, late evening. The line is always busy. The only number I have is her cell phone number. She was booked from a fair our cluster did in August. Don't you think most normal people would call if they needed to cancel. I made an exception to this woman for this party date. She really needed it for that date. It is my husband's birthday so I told her OK as long as it was an afternoon party instead of an evening party. The nerve of some people.

Call her one more time and tell her when you will be at her house tomorrow. I bet you will get a call after that!!!

And if she doesn't call back, ENJOY the day with your husband, since it's his birthday!!

The problem is I can't leave a message. The phone is a busy signal. I am going to keep trying until about 10 am tomorrow. The show is suppose to be at 2 pm. We have not spoken since I called to verify the date to send out her packet. The is a first for me. Probably won't be the last but it is really rude. I keep thinking, in the back of my head, that maybe something serious happened and her family has so much going on they never thought to call. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I would try her again. I had something similar happen to me in June. I had a show scheduled from someone a host worked with (never met). I talked to her to set the date, dropped off the host packet with her husband, called to go over the packet, then never heard from her again. I never got the guest list, so I kept calling her about that. I also only had this person's cell phone & it ALWAYS went to voicemail. So I ended up calling the day before saying that since I haven't heard from her, I'm assuming the show is cancelled. She never did ever call me back. I think that is rude. Even if something comes up or she changed her mind, she could be courteous enough to let me know.

Hmm. A busy signal on a cell phone? Mine always goes to voicemail when I'm on the phone. Maybe the number is disconnected? Is there any way to find her home phone using the phone book? Good luck!

Enjoy your day with your husband. She will not be doing the party at least not tomorrow. She probably meant to call you and then it all got away from her and now she's embarrassed so she figures you'll just go away if she doesn't call.

Some people just don't get that we have reserved the time for them and that it is our income.

Bless and release.

(I HAVE had hosts not get back to me until the last minute and then in the last day they call and say that they can't wait but I think in this case she's avoiding. I also had a recruit interview where she KNEW that I was driving an hour one way to meet her. She was not there and never returned my calls. Just plain RUDE!)

This just happened to me, too. She booked back in July for a September show. I tried on and off the rest of the summer and left message after messge and she never called back. Finally she called and left a message one day while I was on vacation. Then I couldn't reach her again. Finally, the week of her show, she told my sister who is one of her friends that she was very excited about the party - that was the only way I knew there was even going to be a party! Anyway, I drove 2 1/2 hours one way for this show and she only had 2 people show.

I think the thing that bugs me the most about her doing this is that I didn't actually ask her to host a show - she approached me. If I had repeatedly asked her to book and she finally gave in, that would be one thing, but she came to me and then could never find the time to return my calls.

Since you have her name and address you can try http://anywho.com/ and see if you can find her home number. This would be why it is good to require at least a phone and email or 2 phone numbers.

Ouch, driving that far for such disappointment! I set a driving limit for myself when I do cooking shows. (One hour in one direction.) However when I do shows for family, of course I will drive farther. lol. My biggest show to date was at my sister's house 5 hours away.

I've had 2 catalog "no show" hostess that wouldn't return my calls. I agree with the rest. Don't go - enjoy your day off. Don't give it another thought - focus on what's ahead.

you can also try to switchboard her since you have her name and address.

I had a similar problem. I also kept getting a busy signal on her cell phone. Turned out later that she no longer had that phone, she had switched companies. Try to get her home number if you can. Otherwise, don't sweat it, she's not.

I too have had a couple of hosts that wouldn't return my calls-- the one that blazes me to no end is a lady who was very excited about doing a catalog show and booked to do one in Sept. She actually won my door prize, when I called her she was still excited and happy to get the door prize-- I know this sounds rude, but I wish I would have kept the door prize until after the show-- because I paid the postage to mail the prize and catalog packet to her w/ catalogs & receipts-- and she NEVER called back-- so that's time and money wasted. Also, I was so excited last week because my hostess said she wanted to sign up as a consultant. She went to the site, she checked out the consultant agreement, she even took my # and she said she was going to do it in about a week, just waiting for her paycheck (she didn't want to put towards her kit with product money)-- well, guess what, she won't return my calls either-- She had 4 shows lined up that I was going to give her! I just don't get it. RUDE! The mother and the sister that were interested in signing up too won't call me back either.... so as far as recruiting... I'm back to square "ZERO"

I recently had a host reschedule her show. She was thinking of signing up and was super excited to have her show and get started. Her show was 9/11. I called and called and FINALLY got a hold of her that afternoon and she rescheduled for the 20th. I called and called and never got an answer. I left the "I'll see you @ XX time! Can't wait to meet you again and get to know your family and friends!" No reply! I called and emailed the past host and asked if everything was ok. I got an email 2 hours later from the past host that said that she (the new host) needed to cancel and she didn't know how to tell me no! I was livid. She took up 2 very good dates and didn't have the courtesy to call me.

I have a woman who I used to be friends with contact me saying that she wanted to have a show. She wanted to do it after the work on her house was complete. She had her picks of dates, I mailed her the host packet, and NEVER HEARD from her again! Still to this day... bless and release is all we can do!!!

What bugged me about it... she contacted me... not the other way around! Oh well... what goes around comes around and I have plenty of awesome people who want my time!

Best wishes! Enjoy your day!
Jaye

I agree with all the previous posts! Cell phones don't have busy signals, so there must be something up. She could have called you, and she didn't. Bless and release!

I had a host do this as well, never called back, couldn't reach her, and finally she left a message on my machine cancelling. I haven't been able to reach her, despite calling at all different times of the day, for over 3 months to try to reschedule.

Basically, she's a consultant with a different company (body shop or something) and I'm wondering if she didn't just book a party to get her friend some bonus points? SHe would know that it would help her pal and then she could just cancel and there would be nothing I could do about it.....

Rude people out there I tell ya!

Muppetgal said:
Basically, she's a consultant with a different company (body shop or something) and I'm wondering if she didn't just book a party to get her friend some bonus points?
Do you guys still have host points, or were you just saying that as an expression??

I have a catalog show host that I can't reach and it is irritating. She is actually a previous consultant, so she knows the drill. But what can ya do?

I had a host that I couldn't reach so I finally just left a message saying that if I didn't hear from her by a certain date and time then the party would have to be cancelled. A couple of days later I called and asked her to mail me my catalogs back as they are expensive and I needed them for upcoming shows. She brought them by my house. But get this, she didn't knock on my door. She left them on the hood of my SUV and took off before I could get to the door!!!! I haven't tried to reach her and don't plan to. It's one of those situations where God had other plans.

I just left a msg for host tonight. The one time I talked to her she changed the date of her show, and since then I've called 4 times and nothing. Tonight's message was "since I haven't heard from you, I assume 10/21 is not a good date for you anymore, and please contact me when you find it is the right time to host a show."

I didn't even think about asking for the catalogs back! I guess the $5 or show I spent to ship to her is better than spending more on driving to the show and no one coming!

Related to No-show for Husband's Birthday: 2 Weeks and Counting

What is the best gift to give for a husband's birthday?

The best gift for a husband's birthday is something that is personal and thoughtful. Consider his interests and hobbies when choosing a gift, and try to make it something unique and special. Some popular gift ideas for husbands include personalized items, experiences, or practical gifts that he can use every day.

How can I plan a surprise birthday party for my husband?

To plan a surprise birthday party for your husband, start by choosing a date and venue for the party. Consider inviting close friends and family, and make sure to keep the party a secret from your husband. You can also plan fun activities or games for the party, and don't forget to have his favorite food and drinks available.

What should I do if my husband has no-showed for his birthday?

If your husband has no-showed for his birthday, try not to take it personally. It's possible that he may have forgotten or had a change of plans. You can reach out to him and ask if everything is okay, but try not to make him feel guilty. Instead, plan a special celebration for another day to make up for it.

How can I make my husband feel special on his birthday?

To make your husband feel special on his birthday, you can plan a day filled with activities that he enjoys. This could include breakfast in bed, a surprise outing, or a special dinner at his favorite restaurant. You can also give him a thoughtful gift and write a heartfelt card expressing your love and appreciation for him.

What are some last-minute gift ideas for a husband's birthday?

Last-minute gift ideas for a husband's birthday include gift cards to his favorite store or restaurant, a subscription to a magazine or streaming service, or a DIY gift such as a personalized photo album or homemade baked goods. You can also plan a surprise date night or outing for the two of you to celebrate his special day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Shanz
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76