• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Rice Cooker? No Problem: Microwave Cakes in a 9x13 or Batter Bowl!

In summary, you can use any type of cake mix for microwave cakes, but be sure to follow the instructions on the box as cooking times may vary. No special equipment is needed, just a 9x13 inch baking dish or Pampered Chef Batter Bowl, a microwave, and the ingredients. The cooking time can range from 6-8 minutes depending on the cake mix and microwave wattage. Additional ingredients can be added, but follow the instructions for any adjustments to cooking time. It is safe to cook cakes in the microwave as long as you use a microwave-safe dish and do not overcook.
SusanBP0129
I have been reading everyone say how great and easy these microwave cakes are and I am DYING to try one....the only problem is: I do not have a rice cooker or a fluted pan. Can I use the 9x13 baker??? Or the batter bowl, maybe?? :confused:
Thanks in advance!!:D

I know that I have seen that someone has made the micro-cake in the BB. I am not sure on the time on it though, it should be about the same time you just have to keep an eye on it until it is done.

I think the batter bowl would work. Another idea would be to break the recipe in half and do 2 cakes and try it in the large micro cooker! Just make one and then pop out that cake and make another, Just an idea?;)

You can bake a cake in the batter bowls..... or aka bachalor bowls... great for cereral, raman noodles... but yes you can bake a cake in them!!! I don't have a micro cooker either that is what I use is my small batter bowl!!! :D

Hi! I'm so glad you're interested in trying our delicious microwave cakes! While the rice cooker and fluted pan are recommended for the best results, you can definitely use a 9x13 baker or a batter bowl as a substitute. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on the cake to make sure it doesn't overcook. Happy baking! :)

1. Can I use any type of cake mix for the microwave cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the microwave cakes. However, some cake mixes may require different cooking times, so be sure to follow the instructions on the box.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make these microwave cakes?

No, you do not need any special equipment. All you need is a 9x13 inch baking dish or a Pampered Chef Batter Bowl, a microwave, and the ingredients for your cake mix.

3. How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The cooking time for microwave cakes can vary depending on the type of cake mix and your microwave's wattage. On average, it takes about 6-8 minutes to cook a microwave cake.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the cake mix?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to your cake mix. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for any adjustments to the cooking time.

5. Is it safe to cook cakes in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to cook cakes in the microwave as long as you follow the instructions carefully. Be sure to use a microwave-safe dish and do not overcook the cake to prevent it from becoming dry or burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • SusanBP0129
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • carissaz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies