• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Bookings From a Show? Don't Get Discouraged!

and now was the right time. So she booked and I did the show this past Wednesay...the total is at $1200 right now with a few more orders still to come. No bookings from this one either, but who knows what may happen down the road. Last night, I recieved an email from a lady who is on my newsletter list, she hasn't even been to a show, asking to book a show. I spoke with her today and we've set a date for a November show and she is really looking forward to it. So, remember, if you make your shows fun for everyone and memorable, even if you don't get bookings that night, there is a good chance
Marg
I just wanted to share this with you.

I know we all want to leave a show with at least one booking in our calendars and sometimes, that just doesn't happen.

I did a show in July and had a great time. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and it was a $700 show. But I didn't get a booking and I admit I was a little down about that.
I make it a point to always follow-up with the guests to see if they are happy with/using their product and I also send out a monthly newsletter.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the ladies who was at that July show called me to book a show. She said that she had had such a good time that she'd been wanting to have one and that now was the right time. So she booked and I did the show this past Wednesay - the total is at $1200 right now with a few more orders still to come. No bookings from this one either, but who knows what may happen down the road.

Last night, I recieved an email from a lady who is on my newsletter list, she hasn't even been to a show, asking to book a show. I spoke with her today and we've set a date for a November show and she is really looking forward to it.

So, remember, if you make your shows fun for everyone and memorable, even if you don't get bookings that night, there is a good chance you will get them in the future!

Wow!Thanks for that inispiring thought! Your shows must be memorable indeed!

It's great to hear about sucesses arising from quality customer service. Way to go, Marg! :D

How great for you!!! I'm glad you posted this because I think we all need this reminder from time to time. You never know when a lead might come through...or even a "non-lead", as in your example. It also shows that it pays to keep your name in front of your customers. I think email newsletters are a great way, as well as the customer care calls. Even if you're just calling to see how their products are working out. I don't mention bookings every time I call someone and I think this helps too.

I have a little story to add too...about no bookings from shows. Last night I had a show where originally the host was expecting 8. Well 3 showed up and one was quite late so she missed most of the demo. It was a very laid back group so it was easy to be conversational with them....especially after the demo. One had checked she was interested in hosting, but that was it. I was chatting with one of the other guests and found out we had some things in common. On my 2nd trip back in the house to get my stuff, she said "You know what...I want to have a show after all." I don't think that would've happened if I didn't take the time just to chat with her and get to know her. It's so easy to get wrapped up in packing up your stuff and washing dishes and all that stuff, but it's nice just to relax for a second too. You never know what might come out of it!!!

Thanks for sharing your story, Marg!!!

Thanks for sharing the insight! I do get discouraged if I don't get bookings either. I know they'll come! :)

That's so true, Becky! Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you for this!

I had two shows this past week with no bookings from either, and I was getting that 'oh no, is my business going to end' feeling! I still have 2 more shows in Oct, and 2 in Nov, but that's it on the books.

I'm not ready to be done with all this yet :)

Marg said:
I just wanted to share this with you.

I know we all want to leave a show with at least one booking in our calendars and sometimes, that just doesn't happen.

I did a show in July and had a great time. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and it was a $700 show. But I didn't get a booking and I admit I was a little down about that.
I make it a point to always follow-up with the guests to see if they are happy with/using their product and I also send out a monthly newsletter.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the ladies who was at that July show called me to book a show. She said that she had had such a good time that she'd been wanting to have one and that now was the right time. So she booked and I did the show this past Wednesay - the total is at $1200 right now with a few more orders still to come. No bookings from this one either, but who knows what may happen down the road.

Last night, I recieved an email from a lady who is on my newsletter list, she hasn't even been to a show, asking to book a show. I spoke with her today and we've set a date for a November show and she is really looking forward to it.

So, remember, if you make your shows fun for everyone and memorable, even if you don't get bookings that night, there is a good chance you will get them in the future!

That is so encouraging! Thanks for posting this. Question for you... how soon after items arrive do you call, and how do you phrase what you say please? :)

1. What does it mean when a show has no bookings?

When a show has no bookings, it means that no one in attendance has expressed interest in hosting their own show in the future.

2. Why is it important to not get discouraged by no bookings?

It is important to not get discouraged by no bookings because it does not necessarily mean that the show was a failure. There could be various reasons why no one wanted to host a show, such as timing or personal circumstances.

3. What can I do to increase the chances of getting bookings at a show?

To increase the chances of getting bookings at a show, you can offer incentives for guests who book a show, such as a free product or a discount. You can also make sure to mention the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and discounts.

4. How should I handle a show with no bookings?

If you have a show with no bookings, it is important to remain positive and not take it personally. You can use this opportunity to focus on building relationships with the guests and providing a great experience. You can also ask the host if they would be willing to follow up with their guests about hosting a show in the future.

5. Is it common to have no bookings from a show?

Yes, it is common to have no bookings from a show. Many factors can contribute to this, such as the timing of the show, the host's ability to invite guests, and the guests' personal circumstances. It is important to not get discouraged and continue to focus on building relationships and providing a great experience for all guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• purpleluvs3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • marystell1
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies