• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New State, New Job, New House, New Baby...

everywhere you go.When you meet someone, introduce yourself and say you are relocating your business. Try to make a show of it if you can. Keep Host packets (with recipes) handy.
ChrisChef
Hi Everyone! I was just introduced to this website, but it sure looks like a great place to hang out. We just relocated to a new state, changed jobs, bought a house, and found out we're having our first baby (that was last week). Anyone got any tips for meeting all the strangers around me? So far, I just know my realtor. Co-workers are off limits. My director hooked me up with a hospitality director and they seem like a great group. I'm just not sure where to start!

Oh my goodness! I think that is about EVERY major life changing event all at once!

I know this would be tough (for me anyways...) but keep mini-catalogs, business cards, etc with you at all times. When you meet someone (at the bank, grocery store, WalMart, whatever) introduce yourself and TELL them you are re-locating your business and could "use their help" I think many people are more apt to do a show in order to help you out...even if they normally would say no. Make sure you get their information so you can follow up with them! Oh, another thought...keep Host Packets already made up with you to give to them? Know your next two available dates? Does your realtor know of some new neighborhoods that you could visit...I am thinking someone in a new home may want to host a show to "show off" their new place to family and friends.

Sorry I am rambling, just thinking off the top of my head!
Good luck!

BTW, I never said Congratulations!!!

Wow, congratulations and welcome!!! Introduce yourself with everyone you meet, of course mentioning your business!

Congratulations on your new everything! Are you a brand new consultant as well? You deserve some applause for going through so many changes all at once!

I would definately start in your neighborhood. Go door to door, hold an open house and invite them over! When I was in almost the same situation as you, I chased the pregnant neighborlady when she was on a walk! : )

Your new mommy status will help as well. Places to meet people: you will be at the dr's office on a regular basis, birthing/parenting classes, mom groups (MOMS Club, MOPS, etc).

I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions and advice! Best of luck to you!

Also, you said "Co-workers are off limits" .....is that just your co-workers? What about your husbands co-workers?

Wow, thanks for all of the quick responses and congrats. Yes, I'm new to TPC, just signed up in December. We didn't know about the move then, and we didn't know about the baby until the move was in progress. So far, I've noticed the lady at the grocery store was wearing a pink ribbon on her lapel, and there is a gal that walks her dog by the house each evening. I could start by chasing them down! :) Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Definitely! I would invest in my PC logo clothing if you have the finances...and the biggest thing could be the catalog tote. Not sure if you have seen it, but it is a tote (I will use it as a purse the days that I go to the grocery store or run errands) ...and it has a clear plastic pocket in the front for a catalog...perfectly great advertising right there!Also, you can get decals for your car....might not be a bad idea!

I would invest in going to your loacl newspaper and finding out how much it would cost to put an ad in about your business.... You can use Ad generator through Merril.... check with the local chamber and find out about fairs, etc...... do yo u know anyone in the twon that you live in? CONGRATS!!

Make little baggies with brownies or cookies. A mini catalog and business card and if you feel really generous a small (by that I mean cheap) gift. Good Luck with all your new stuff! Definately Update us and WELCOME!!

Congratulations and welcome! You have received lots of great tips so far!

congrats on everyhting new in your life. Talk to your realator and see if she would like to host a show. It was because of my realator that I started PC she told me she would host a show for me, my 1st month was March and we moved in April. I also did a booth and that helped me out tons. I would also try doing an open house.

What state are you in?

Flyers!!! Post office, stores, laundry mats, shcools, Dr. offices, church, daycare, school bus driver, neighborhood bulletin board, your car, send one with hubby, your mail person, relatives and ALL of the new frineds you are goinf to make...

WELCOME to our little world...

Trust me... it really works too!!!

Related to New State, New Job, New House, New Baby...

1. How can I balance my new job with taking care of a newborn?

As a new parent, it can be overwhelming to juggle a new job and a new baby. The key is to prioritize and create a schedule that works for you and your family. Consider talking to your employer about flexible work options or arranging for childcare assistance. It's also important to take breaks and delegate tasks when needed.

2. Can I take maternity leave in a new state?

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows eligible employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave for the birth or adoption of a child. This is a federal law, so it applies to all states. However, some states may have additional laws that provide more benefits. It's important to research the specific laws in your new state.

3. How can I find a new house in a different state?

There are many ways to search for a new house in a different state. You can use websites and apps to browse listings, hire a real estate agent, or attend open houses. It's also helpful to research the area and consider factors such as cost of living, school districts, and commute times.

4. What are some tips for adjusting to a new state?

Adjusting to a new state can be challenging, but there are some things you can do to make the transition smoother. Get to know your new neighborhood by exploring local shops and restaurants. Join local groups or clubs to meet new people and make connections. And don't forget to take some time to relax and explore your new surroundings.

5. How can I maintain work-life balance with all these changes?

Maintaining work-life balance can be difficult with so many changes happening at once. It's important to set boundaries and prioritize your time. Make sure to schedule in time for self-care and activities that bring you joy. Don't be afraid to ask for help and delegate tasks when needed. And remember, it's okay to say no and focus on what's most important for you and your family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies