• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New & Need Help-School Fundraiser Event!

In summary, Heather is participating in her daughter's school fundraiser through vendor fare. She has no idea what to do with her booth and is looking for advice. If she does not have any items to sell, she should concentrate on bookings and orders. She should also make a catalog and be sure to let people know if they book a show with her then and there, the fundraiser will get an add'l $3 from Pampered Chef.
heat123
Silver Member
:eek: Ok so I get invited today to participate in my daughters school fundraiser-vendor fare for next week and haven't the slightest ideas what to do at my booth? So my question is what do I do with it? My booth is free. But unfortunately I have no cash and carry items to sell at all! And with my orders taking soo long (2 weeks to arrive) I cannot get them before friday! So what do I have avail. besides Opp. info, Booking info. for them?
I was thinking about making a cookie or treat to wrap up in a bag then attach some cute poem for them with my contact info to sample and go but other than that I haven't the slightest idea what to do? HELP! It's so last min. My heads spinning! Any or all advice would sure help out! :eek: :confused:

Hi Heather,

Boy does this sound familiar! I got the opportunity to have a booth at a bridal fair about a week and a half after getting my starter kit!

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about having items to sell on-hand. Concentrate on orders (I'm assuming you'll set this up as a fund-raiser for the school?) and bookings. Be sure to talk to the products you have and even those you don't. Maybe bring some apples or potatoes and demonstrate the products.

When I did my bridal fair I had taken a F/W catalog and put all the pages in those clear paper protectors and put them all in a binder. You may want to have that available for people to look through to order.

Also, be sure to let people know if they book a show with you then and there, the fundraiser will get an add'l $3 from Pampered Chef.

You can also offer a drawing for a gift certificate or free kitchen show to get some leads for future shows.

Hope some of these ideas help. Good luck!

You could offer some kind of booking incentive. Which they would get when they host a show and that would buy you some time.

Gift Certificates tooYou could also focus on Pampered Chef Gift Certificates-either your own or the regular ones

how do certificates work with FRs?Is there a difference between doing PC vs. my own?

I think that I have the same problem. I, too, am participating in aI think that I have the same problem. I, too, am participating in a school vendor show -- they only want cash-and-carry items available for sale. I have no idea what to offer! The show is in about two weeks. I just know that somebody on this wonderful board knows what to suggest for me. What items are easy to sell in this circumstance?? Any and ALL ideas will be taken with much appreciation!

Sincerely,
Teresa :)

heat123 said:
Is there a difference between doing PC vs. my own?
YOu could do either, but when it's through PC, they'll send a gift certificate out to the person with a catalog and instructions on how to redeem it. They need to either do it through the main website or mail in their order. You get the commission on the original purchase of the gift certificate.

If you do your own gift certificate, you would make it redeemable only through you and chances are the person would maybe spend more in the long run. You wouldn't actually enter the order I would assume until the person actually used the gift certificate. In which case it wouldn't count as a sale for the vendor event. Only when they redeemed it. I hope that makes sense! I'll keep brainstorming for you! :)

If you are worried about not getting cash and carry items before the event, why not make it into a "catalog show". Only downside I can think of is you might be running all over town to deliver the orders when they come in, unless everything is getting delivered to the school.
As for cakepampered..I was always told to keep it simple. Since in our business we don't really have an inventory and it isn't encouraged, get things that you can easily get rid of if they don't sell. Season's best, mini spats, cake testers. I don't know how your state is, but I was told that you can't recharge sales tax since you have already paid it. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

how do you donate per. commission towards FRs?I want to give 5-10% of my commmission towards my kid's school fundraiser. I was told it's not done through PP? Do I just cut the school a check once I receive my comm. check after the fundraiser?

heat123 said:
I want to give 5-10% of my commmission towards my kid's school fundraiser. I was told it's not done through PP? Do I just cut the school a check once I receive my comm. check after the fundraiser?

Yes, you just write a check and get a receipt from the school for your taxes.

What products are available for the school fundraiser event?

We have a wide variety of products available for the school fundraiser event including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food items. You can browse our catalog or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

How can I place an order for the fundraiser event?

To place an order for the fundraiser event, you can either order through your Pampered Chef consultant or directly through our website. Simply select the fundraiser event at checkout and a portion of your purchase will go towards the school.

Can I personalize the products for the fundraiser event?

Yes, we offer personalization options for many of our products including cutting boards, aprons, and kitchen towels. This is a great way to add a special touch to your fundraiser event and make it more memorable for participants.

How do I collect payments for orders placed at the fundraiser event?

You can collect payments from participants in a variety of ways, including cash, check, or credit/debit card. We recommend having a designated person or team to handle all payments and keep track of orders to ensure a smooth process.

Can I get help with promoting the fundraiser event?

Yes, we have resources available to help you promote the fundraiser event. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with flyers, social media graphics, and other materials to spread the word about the event. You can also reach out to us directly for support and advice on promoting the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jennpamperedchef
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • kristamk