• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Features on P3: Exciting Discoveries!

In summary, there have been some new updates on P3, including the ability to synchronize contacts with your Personal Web Site and copy Outside Show Orders from your PWS to your Shows on P3. There is also a new option to view a contact's past purchases, and improved security measures for credit card numbers. Additionally, you can now add more children's names to a contact and enter a phone number for Gift Certificate Recipients.
mhrivera
Is it just me, or are there are bunch of new things on P3 now? I haven't gotten it to work yet, but there are buttons to retrieve PWS orders, and to synch your PWS and P3. For some reason, it can't find my PWS right now, but I'll try again later, or call tech support. I'm really excited about these changes!

I got the updates from 12/17, but I didn't see those. However, the little "there are updates" box has appeared again on CC for me - maybe the updates of which you speak are in that version. (I hope, I hope, I hope!)

I had updates this morning - but I don't see that - where should I be looking?

There is a "What's new" button on the startup screen, or from the Help menu. That usually lists what's new (unless your update was just a data update for host numbers).

Whoooo Hooooo! Check this out -

Latest Release
Version 2.1
You can now synchronize your contacts with the contacts in your Personal Web Site under menu options >Tools >Personal Web Site Synchronization. This means that you can manage your contacts in PamperedPartner® Plus, and then with a few clicks of your mouse and an internet connection, you can synch them up with the contacts in your Personal Web Site. Changes made in one will be reflected in the other. Refer to the instructions on the screens and the help for more information.
You can copy Outside Show Orders from your Personal Web Site to your Shows in PamperedPartner® Plus. You will find this option in the Show Order Screen for each show type (Cooking, Catalog, Fundraiser and Wedding Shower Show). Select the Customers tab and then click the 'Copy PWS Orders' button. You will be able to select the Show to copy orders from and then any Outside Show Orders will be copied into your PamperedPartner® Plus Show. Refer to the instructions on the screens and the help for more information.
The Order History tab for each contact now displays the list of products a guest/Host has purchased from you in the past. The list can be filtered to show products under guarantee. You can right-click on each product to open the Show the product was purchased at, print a sales receipt, or view the Show Summary Report.
You will now be given the option to restart now or later when there is an application update found. This will allow you to quickly go into the program to look something up and not have to wait until the program has restarted. If you choose the later option, the update will be applied the next time you open the program. Please note that you will NOT be able to submit Shows or copy Personal Web Site orders into a Show until you have restarted the program and applied the update.
For your security and that of all of your customers, you will now see that all guest and Host credit card numbers are masked. This means that once you have entered a credit card number and move off of the field, you will see 12 asterisks and only the last 4 digits of the card. If you need to edit the number, just click the ‘Change Account Number’ link, the field will be cleared out and you will need to re-enter it.
You can now add more than 6 children's names to a contact.
You can now enter a phone number for Gift Certificate Recipients.

ChefBeckyD said:
Latest Release
Version 2.1
You can now synchronize your contacts with the contacts in your Personal Web Site under menu options >Tools >Personal Web Site Synchronization. This means that you can manage your contacts in PamperedPartner® Plus, and then with a few clicks of your mouse and an internet connection, you can synch them up with the contacts in your Personal Web Site. Changes made in one will be reflected in the other. Refer to the instructions on the screens and the help for more information.
You can copy Outside Show Orders from your Personal Web Site to your Shows in PamperedPartner® Plus. You will find this option in the Show Order Screen for each show type (Cooking, Catalog, Fundraiser and Wedding Shower Show). Select the Customers tab and then click the 'Copy PWS Orders' button. You will be able to select the Show to copy orders from and then any Outside Show Orders will be copied into your PamperedPartner® Plus Show. Refer to the instructions on the screens and the help for more information.
The Order History tab for each contact now displays the list of products a guest/Host has purchased from you in the past. The list can be filtered to show products under guarantee. You can right-click on each product to open the Show the product was purchased at, print a sales receipt, or view the Show Summary Report.
You will now be given the option to restart now or later when there is an application update found. This will allow you to quickly go into the program to look something up and not have to wait until the program has restarted. If you choose the later option, the update will be applied the next time you open the program. Please note that you will NOT be able to submit Shows or copy Personal Web Site orders into a Show until you have restarted the program and applied the update.
For your security and that of all of your customers, you will now see that all guest and Host credit card numbers are masked. This means that once you have entered a credit card number and move off of the field, you will see 12 asterisks and only the last 4 digits of the card. If you need to edit the number, just click the ‘Change Account Number’ link, the field will be cleared out and you will need to re-enter it.
You can now add more than 6 children's names to a contact.
You can now enter a phone number for Gift Certificate Recipients.
These are all great enhancements, but I think that one's the one I'm most excited about!

chefann said:
These are all great enhancements, but I think that one's the one I'm most excited about!

That one (so irritating to have the program shut down just when you really need to use it!), and being able to copy outside orders from my website into a show!

Yeah- that one's pretty cool, too! Does it copy payment info, too?

Can't get it to sync with my website. Says that it can't locate my website. Oh well... I've got too much to do anyway today than to worry about that part!

finley1991 said:
Can't get it to sync with my website. Says that it can't locate my website. Oh well... I've got too much to do anyway today than to worry about that part!

Glad to read that I am not the only one who got that error. I don't think they officially finished the update to make it work yet. I haven't contacted tech support yet either.

Love the new ideas/enhancements. Did you also read that you can now get order history from each customer in their contact area? You can even click on a box to show what is still under guarantee for that customer too!

Nice to see more enhancements!:chef:

hmm.... how many people wanna bet that this coming season (Spring 2008) will be the last one when PP will be supported? With these enhancements, P3 is significantly more advanced than PP, and it's a pain in the tushie to maintain 2 versions.

I wouldn't be surprised Ann if that is the case. I've been using P3 since get go and I have been happy on the most part and all of these new enhancements just makes it even better. I just hope that some of the quirks you get every now and then would get fixed but on the most part it works fine for me.

I just got a computer that is above the requirements for P3 so I suppose I should switch over in the next two weeks while I don't have anything going on. Sounds like there is some new exciting things.

wadesgirl said:
I just got a computer that is above the requirements for P3 so I suppose I should switch over in the next two weeks while I don't have anything going on. Sounds like there is some new exciting things.

i was just thinking the same thing!

Just do it!! Do the switch to P3. I dragged my feet for a LONG time and finally made the switch a couple months ago. I'm SO excited we can now sync these things.

I just don't like how long it sometimes takes for a screen to be "ready" in P3. Sometimes there's a delay in wanting to do the things I need to do. That part I don't like, but there are SO many advances with the new version. Yay!

mine won't work either. There wasn't a place to enter your web address. I wonder if there is an extra step they left off.

Does it maybe pull your PWS address from the preferences area - where you put it in so that it prints on receipts. (Just a thought. I'm at work and don't have P3 here...)

One of my pet peeves is that there's no way to go mouseless to enter orders. Gotta click on the "Add guest" button, then, after entering their name, click on the "Products" tab, then click the "payment" tab... It's a pain in the rear.

pamperedbecky said:
Just do it!! Do the switch to P3. I dragged my feet for a LONG time and finally made the switch a couple months ago. I'm SO excited we can now sync these things.

I just don't like how long it sometimes takes for a screen to be "ready" in P3. Sometimes there's a delay in wanting to do the things I need to do. That part I don't like, but there are SO many advances with the new version. Yay!

I'm such a procrastinator! My brother gave me an old computer of his this summer so I could upgrade to P3. I never switched out until earlier this month when the button broke on the front of the older computer and I had to learn how to switch out a harddrive over the phone so that I could pull everything onto the new computer! Now that it's up and running and I'm not doing anything PC related until after the new year, I really should do it.

I wrote to tech support and got a reply that they are looking into the error about why it won't synchronize on my end. If and when I hear more I will post the information I get back from tech support.

BTW I have my website listed on P3 and it prints on my receipts so that wasn't my issue. Might be a good idea for those that have PWS to make sure theirs is listed in personal preferences.

Where do we put our website info into P3? I'm fairly new, and haven't done that yet!

It's in user preferences.Mine's not finding my PWS either.

AnthemChef said:
Where do we put our website info into P3? I'm fairly new, and haven't done that yet!

Go to "tools" then preferences and you can list it there and your e-mail address.

chefann said:
It's in user preferences.

Mine's not finding my PWS either.

I haven't heard back from tech support but I think if everyone writes and tells them they are getting this error they make work harder on it.

For the heck of it after I got a message to update P3 again today after all of this I tried to sync it again and guess what--it did!!!!!! So, I think if you let tech support know that it doesn't work they will send you an update to fix it!

I was thinking that since the e-mail said that these were updates that were going to happen on Dec 28th it might not work until then, so I'm glad to see that you got it working before then. Not like I have anything to do with it for the next couple of weeks, but this is very exciting news!! :D

chefann said:

I can't believe it's taken this long to give us this option. It is SO frustrating to have a host call to close a show and then wait through all of the updating/re-starting stuff!!

pamperedposey said:
I was thinking that since the e-mail said that these were updates that were going to happen on Dec 28th it might not work until then, so I'm glad to see that you got it working before then. Not like I have anything to do with it for the next couple of weeks, but this is very exciting news!! :D

The e-mail you are referring to is for updates to our websites not P3. I know it may be confusing when we were referring to P3 and our websites in this thread about synchronizing.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

pamperedharriet said:
Glad to read that I am not the only one who got that error. I don't think they officially finished the update to make it work yet. I haven't contacted tech support yet either.

Love the new ideas/enhancements. Did you also read that you can now get order history from each customer in their contact area? You can even click on a box to show what is still under guarantee for that customer too!

Nice to see more enhancements!:chef:
i had that error too... so annoying, you get so excited then it doesn't work

ginamkiely said:
i had that error too... so annoying, you get so excited then it doesn't work

After I wrote to tech support and got a reply saying that they would look into it I got another update later and then it was working.

So, I would write to tech support at [email protected] or call them. I don't think they realized that everyone was having a problem. You should also check to see if you have an update waiting and if so do it and they try before you contact tech support. They may have received enough complaints and have fixed it for all--we can only hope.

I've got an "you have an update" popup when I go into CC. I just haven't rebooted in Windows to download it. :rolleyes: Hopefully, it'll allow me to connect to my PWS.

Yep- that update fixed it!The order must be marked as reviewed on your PWS, otherwise P3 won't pick it up. But it pulls in all the customer and item information. Cool!!

chefann said:
Yep- that update fixed it!

The order must be marked as reviewed on your PWS, otherwise P3 won't pick it up. But it pulls in all the customer and item information. Cool!!

That is very cool! Did it also pick up the payment?

pamperedharriet said:
After I wrote to tech support and got a reply saying that they would look into it I got another update later and then it was working.

So, I would write to tech support at [email protected] or call them. I don't think they realized that everyone was having a problem. You should also check to see if you have an update waiting and if so do it and they try before you contact tech support. They may have received enough complaints and have fixed it for all--we can only hope.

i updated and it worked. that was fun. lol. something to do on this boring day.

pamperedharriet said:
That is very cool! Did it also pick up the payment?
I marked my play order as "contact me for payment" and I didn't notice.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new feature of importing the web orders! It's awesome! No more needing to print the orders and input them by hand. Just click the button and DONE!!!

Woo-hoo tech support & P3 developers!!!!

I agree Colleen - I love not having to do anything!

Related to New Features on P3: Exciting Discoveries!

1. What are the new features on P3?

The new features on P3 include the ability to retrieve PWS orders and to sync your PWS and P3. These features make it easier for consultants to manage their orders and stay organized.

2. Why can't I get the new features to work?

If you are having trouble getting the new features to work, try again later or contact tech support for assistance. It is possible that there may be a technical issue that needs to be resolved.

3. How do I retrieve PWS orders on P3?

To retrieve PWS orders on P3, simply click on the "Retrieve PWS Orders" button. This will allow you to view and manage any orders that were placed through your personal website.

4. How do I sync my PWS and P3?

To sync your PWS and P3, click on the "Sync PWS and P3" button. This will ensure that any updates or changes made on your personal website are reflected in your P3 account.

5. What are the benefits of these new changes?

The new changes on P3 make it easier for consultants to manage their orders and stay organized. By being able to retrieve PWS orders and sync PWS and P3, consultants can save time and have a more streamlined process for managing their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • missymssy