• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Syncing with P3?

In summary, the new software is called P3 and it has many new features that consultants may find helpful. However, there are still some glitches that need to be fixed. Therefore, it is recommended that consultants wait until these issues have been resolved.
jcwarr
has anyone NOT done this yet? (i think the new one is called p3 - correct me if i am wrong!) i haven't as my director said to wait when it first came out. now i think all the things on pws can only be synched with p3. just curious what you all think.
thanks!!

I haven't! I need to but there are some things I'm just lazy about.

haven't done it yet, but I NEED to soon. My team keeps asking questions I can't answer. Oops.

DebbieJ said:
haven't done it yet, but I NEED to soon. My team keeps asking questions I can't answer. Oops.

That's what my director said! All new consultants get P3 so she had to switch to know what to do with them.

I know in the begining there were some kind of errors and glitches but I think they've worked out most of the bugs.

Oh ya'll ... SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's SO wonderful! I was nervous too at first but I LOVE it... and you are totally right about needing to know it for your recruits.

quiverfull7 said:
Oh ya'll ...

LOL--I don't even know you, Diane, but I could just hear that NC twang in that!! too funny...

There are some wonderful new features, like the ability to sync contacts with PWS and import web orders.

ok - how do i do it????? can i do it from cc? or do i need the disc? we have been moving around so much for my husband's job that i don't have everything with me!!

It really has lots of great features. Lots of what we were looking for are already there now. I wouldn't delay! The quickstart guide is a good way to start getting the feel of it. The what's new screen fills you in on the major updates too! You don't have to "write-in" new numbers when they come out as it is part of the mulitiple updates we get everytime something is new.

jcwarr said:
ok - how do i do it????? can i do it from cc? or do i need the disc? we have been moving around so much for my husband's job that i don't have everything with me!!

You can do it from CC under Pampered Partner Plus. The current version as of yesterday when I updated is 2.2.10. It will ask you during setup if you want to move Pampered Partner (import) and do say yes so you won't lose any of your other show information and contacts. Once you do it it is there forever!

Good luck and let us know if you need some help.:chef:

I just switched the first of the year. I was really nervous too; but I must say it is nice. Just takes awhile to get used to the differences; but I think I'll like it!

Lacy, the more you use it the more you will like it. You just need to not try to do it when you are in a hurry until you have it all figured out.

At the beginning I took the quickstart guide tour a few times just to get the hang of it. In no time I was using it like I had for years.

I switched out the first of the year. I have only placed a supply order because my first show of the month was last night. On a high note the show was at $500 when I left and she wants at least $700. I have 5 more shows before the end of the month. I am so excited about double points!!!
Sorry for the highjack.

I started in May. Are you talking about Pampered Partner Plus. I am one of the only ones in my group to have it, it came in my kit. I keep seeing P3 and I think I'm missing the boat on this one.:confused:

That's right. Pampered Partner Plus is P3, because it starts with PPP.

Don't switch! Leadership 2007 I went to a training class and found many clitches while using it. I waited six months to give them time to get the glitches out. I switched and lost two shows full of information. I had to reinstall and hand input, so I went back to Pampered Partner. I love it. Here's the real question. Why are they still offering Pampered Partner if they have P3? Here's the answer: they know there are issues they haven't worked out. Stick with PP.

PP is still around because not everyone has a computer that will run P3. One of the tech guys at Leadership this year said that mandatory switch to P3 will be coming, probably in a little over a year.

lacychef said:
I just switched the first of the year. I was really nervous too; but I must say it is nice. Just takes awhile to get used to the differences; but I think I'll like it!

Ditto! I was nervous at first, too. After I did it, I thought, "Why did it take me so long?!!" One of the features I love is to separate the Sales Report into categories. I was then able to print a report showing all my past Stoneware sales so I could easily call up past customers to let them know of this month's special.

I tried to do that in the regular Pampered Partner and couldn't do it. Not sure if I missed something, but I didn't see any of the category boxes like I do in PPP.

chefann said:
There are some wonderful new features, like the ability to sync contacts with PWS and import web orders.

I LOVE THIS FEATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just imported an order from last night and it was SO easy! Yeah Home Office....Keep those great features coming!!!!

Chef Mary Rose said:
......One of the features I love is to separate the Sales Report into categories. I was then able to print a report showing all my past Stoneware sales so I could easily call up past customers to let them know of this month's special.
I ran this report tonight so I could see how I was doing with stoneware sales, but it doesn't pick-up the items that are on sale :( only the regular catalog items. If you want to see your sale/special items you still have to input the number range :(

I have entered my first show on P3. It is so easy. I haven't had a chance to look at all the features yet. I know that because our computer is old P3 runs much slower than PP did. I don't like to wait so I just keep a magazine by me so I can read till it gets where I want it to be.

My hospitality director sends consultants to me b/c she hasn't switched yet. (She likes the Director reports that they can download.) And my director just switched at the beginning of the year and calls me with questions.

I've been using it since it came out and am constantly amazed how each update improves on the last version. There are a couple of things I wish it would do, but for the most part I find it FAR superior to PP.

When I was at Leadership, I made time to visit with Tech support...I think I was there for at least 30 minutes, giving them my wish list and getting resolutions to some of my "issues". Here's some of what I found out:

• It will work on Vista but you can't load it via the disk...they say just download it from the website and it should work fine.

• They're still working on a MAC version...it will probably be a year or two down the road--rats! I have a consultant who has a Mac and has to find a PC to enter her shows.
    • I lost a show...it just disappeared from my list. They told me to resinstall the backup, print the information out, re-load my current backup and manually input the old show. Not the best answer but at least an option...I don't have any record otherwise of what the Host ordered.

I won't go back to PP...The benefits to P3 are far better than any glitches that are left. Try it, you'll like it!

Pampered Partner Plus on a MACFrom my husband who works in IT.......

There are ways to get a Windows based program to run on a MAC. One of the easiest would be using virtualization which allows you to install Windows on your MAC in addition to the MAC OS. Apple offers this through Boot Camp which is included in Leopard. I use Parallels for one of my clients and they love it. With either one you would need a licensed copy of Windows. There are other options but the two I mentioned are fairly simple to setup.

If you're dying to use Pampered Partner Plus on a MAC there are ways to accomplish it.

I have not switched and am not going to any time soon. I did have P3 on my computer so I could troubleshoot for my new consultants and have been able to help them with their questions so far (just didn't use it). I don't have it on since I got my new computer and haven't found a need to reinstall.

I can see that it has some good features but so does PP - directors get reports that are not (and will never) be on P3 - they are moving it all to the web but the reports are different too.

That problem they had this week reinforced my decision to continue to wait and let them get more bugs worked out.

emarkwood said:
From my husband who works in IT.......

There are ways to get a Windows based program to run on a MAC. One of the easiest would be using virtualization which allows you to install Windows on your MAC in addition to the MAC OS. Apple offers this through Boot Camp which is included in Leopard. I use Parallels for one of my clients and they love it. With either one you would need a licensed copy of Windows. There are other options but the two I mentioned are fairly simple to setup.

If you're dying to use Pampered Partner Plus on a MAC there are ways to accomplish it.
Boot Camp and Parallels will only work on the newer Intel-based Macs. (Just an FYI for people out there who want to do this. I tried helping someone with this issue a couple weeks ago and couldn't do it because her machine was a couple months too old {made before the chip change}. )

One of the guys in the tech room at Leadership also did not recommend using Parallels with P3 - at least if that's how you run, don't flip back and forth between P3 and software that's running under OSX. He said that it will eventually corrupt P3 and render it unuseable. (I trust this guy because he said that he's a Mac user himself.)

What is P3 and why should I sync with it?

P3 is Pampered Chef's online ordering and business management system. Syncing with P3 allows you to easily track your orders, manage your customers, and access important business tools and resources.

How do I sync with P3?

Syncing with P3 is easy! Simply log into your Pampered Chef account and click on the "Sync with P3" button. You will then be prompted to enter your P3 login information. Once synced, all of your orders and customer information will be automatically updated in P3.

Do I need to sync with P3 every time I place an order?

No, you only need to sync with P3 once. After your initial sync, all future orders will automatically be updated in P3.

What if I have trouble syncing with P3?

If you are having trouble syncing with P3, please contact our customer support team for assistance. They will be happy to help you troubleshoot and ensure that your orders and customer information are properly synced.

Are there any benefits to syncing with P3?

Yes, there are many benefits to syncing with P3. By keeping your orders and customer information up-to-date in P3, you will have access to valuable business tools and resources, such as sales reports, customer insights, and marketing materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melleemak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • robochick84
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • mhrivera