• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Seeking Bookings: Tips and Tricks for Success!

you have picked up the phone! The key to any successful business is personal contact and enthusiasm. You need to be persistent in calling and reaching out to friends and family. The more people you reach out to, the better your chances of success. Your best bet would be to do a grand opening show. This will show people how much fun shows can be and generate interest. Also, consider hosting a "Mommy and Me" or "Cooking with Kids" show. These are great ways to get people in the door and show them what you have to offer. Good luck!
MJMoran12
Hello everyone,
I am a new consultant, haven't even had my 1st show yet and that is the problem. I have done everything I can to get bookings but no success. I have asked all my relatives and friends who can't for one reason or another, I have sent out 200 postcards and not one response. I do have 1 order (Yeah!) but can't get anywhere without any shows!! My leader suggested a grand opening, there is a small problem with that, I have dogs and no place to put them during a show, it would not be a good combination and even if I did, I would be inviting the same people I have already tried to encourage to have a show, they have already said no. I have given out catalogs at work, hung flyers, asked for referreals, sent out emails and still nothing. I really don't know what else to do, any ideas????

Have you picked up the telephone?You won't get responses by e-mails, postcards and flyers. You need to call and state how excited you are to start your new business and ask them to help.You need to give them a REASON to host...check out the host benefits.Did you have your 4 shows booked before signing? Has your recruiter done any booking training with you?PERSONAL CONTACT AND ENTHUSIASM IS KEY!

Definitely do a grand opening show! I did one and got some bookings from it...even from people who had previously said they didn't think so when asked about hosting a show. My sales were fantastic and I almost qualified from that show alone! I was only $77 shy of qualifying...

As for your dogs (we have 2), could they be outside during the show, maybe in the backyard? What about a bedroom or in an area where guests won't go? Mine were outside during my grand opening show, in our backyard, but during my last show at my house (last Friday) they were in our basement b/c it was raining. Could they maybe go to a friend's house, if the other 2 ideas aren't options?

Good luck getting bookings. Doing a grand opening show is a great idea! It shows people how fun shows are and how much fun you can have getting everyone together! :)

Definately do a grand opening. If your friends and family aren't interested in hosting ask them to come to your Grand opening so you can "practice", then at the show do your best to change their minds. Really talk about the booking benefits, and maybe give a gift/incentive if someone books that night.

First I have to say that YES I did pick up the phone, explained all the host benefits and specials for this month and next month, and the next year. My recruiter has done trainiing with me and I am attending one of her parties this weekend also. When I signed I asked several friends and relatives to hold shows, however they have cancelled for one reason or another. They were very helpful when we talked about it but when it came down to it they backed out!!

One person said they didn't like to have them because it is like asking people to come over and buy something. I said, "That's right, but they know that. If they agree to come then they come because they want Pampered Chef products. They have the option to say no if they don't want to buy anything!" Still got nothing.

As far as the dogs, no, I don't have a fenced in yard and live on a fairly busy street. Have tried tying them out, they break loose every time!! If I lock them in the basement they scratch and scratch at the door and ruin my doors! I will have to try something with them but I have already been made to feel "pushy" asking for bookings even though I use all the training tools that I have been taught.

I was just hoping someone out there might have some other ideas that would be helpful.

Do you have children of your own, maybe nieces or nephews, or neighbor kids??? You could do a "Mommy and Me" or "Cooking with Kids" Cooking Show! My kids love it when I do this! The moms have a blast too! You could have a cookie decorating party!

Is there a local place you can rent to do a grand opening? A town hall? Do you have a friend who would be willing to "host" your grand opening for you. Use her home but you do the sales and give her something (like the 60% item) for letting her use your home. You do all the invites, etc.Glad to hear you're watching others, getting training and picking up the phone. Keep chugging, it will happen.Do you work full-time or part-time or is this your new job? Can you pamper a business? Look on here for threads on that.Can you start calling guys you know and ask them if they need to purchase Christmas presents for their spouses and collect orders?Do a mystery host show...
Do a Christmas cookie show...
Do a power cooking show...

Tis' the season of holiday fairs. Check local churches, schools and community centers. Also... Find a place for the dogs, clean the house and invite everyone you know, including your hairdresser, mailman and that woman you always see at the grocery store. Do your grand opening! Stay positive. You can do this.

Ask friends or family that live out of town or even the state to host an online or catalog show for you. Anyone that knows of someone that would enjoy shopping from home for Christmas. It's easy and products are shipped directly to them. My new recruit starting calling everyone out of state (she's moved a lot) and found people were very eager to host a catalog show. It's easy and low key for the holidays.

Step out of your comfort zone and approach those who aren't "freinds and family". Grocery store, bank, post office. Someone you come into regular contact with.

An open house might let those who did not want to host a show see how nice PC shows could be. Don't loose hope. It is hard for everyone at first.

The hosts are out there. Get to the library and buy Doris's book - The story of one of America's best loved companies, The Pampered Chef - and see some of her early struggles. Start with the mindset; everything else will follow.

hi there! dont lose hope! Im new too,but been able to do a couple catalog shows, but couldnt get anyone to have a party.Everyone said, "if so and so has one, I will go.well, guess what?I will have it at my house..and talk about having a zoo, I do..I have several bulldogs.Do you have a child who could "doggy sit" the dogs in the basment, keep them from scrathing at the door or a friends child...Maybe pay them by offering a few cookies you made? Borrow someones crate?Think outside the box, (tho it sounds like you have) but maybe you will be able to use something from here to help you..
So, what I am doing is hosting a Holiday Open house, serve hot tea, Hot coccoa, Holiday treats, play Holiday music, have my kids take care of my zoo

I too am new. I am hosting a Mystery Host Open House. I have a dog and a cat. I sent out 130 invitations and have received about 6 rsvps with a total of about 9 people - which I think is awesome! (there are still 5 days until the show and have just sent out ten more invitations by email) I was VERY discouraged at first - I have not had anyone say yes to booking a show - even my mom and my best friends turned me down. I thought why am I doing this? But then I remembered my goals and started getting people who said they were coming. I get so excited when people call and say yes!

My suggestion as far as the dogs are concerned - is to board them for a day if you have to - the cost will be well worth the outcome. Second, make a flyer and post it in as many places as you can think of - nail salons, hair salons, school bulliten boards, etc. I haven't done that yet, but I am considering it for a second Open House.

Has your Recruiter/Director called the people who said yes initially when you were putting in your dates on the agreement? She/he could remind them that they gave you these dates in order to help you get your business started.

Have you tried to do a Pamper Your Business? There are some strings on this site that you can get the info about this. Also have you gone to your children's school office personnel? Tell them that you are gathering orders for a show that you are getting ready to submit and would like to include them. Don't come across as "needy". And you said that you already have 1 order. So don't give up, but really work with your Recruiter/Director to help you.

Good luck!

You'd be amazed how many teachers/aids want PC! I just had one at a school on the Nov 11 and it was $502! The excitement when I came back with the products was even better! I cooked in the Teacher's Lounge and the next day, the chicken in the DCB was the talk of the school! Hopefully I will get many more Shows from that one! Remember it takes 9 No's to get one Yes! Keep plugging!

If you're unwillingly to host a grand opening show, then your friends have just as good excuse/reason to not host. Hosting your own show is a great way to learn how it feels to be a host. Although we try to make it easy to host a show, it's still work - they have a ask their husband to watch the kids, find a place for their pets, clean the house, buy the ingredients, arrange for parking, etc. etc. And then they have to send out invites and call everyone about the show or outside orders. Some hosts make this look easy and some hosts I have to help them with the basics. Either way, I have to understand what they are feeling to my job of host coaching well.

So, arrange for the dogs and be your own best hosts.

Also, my sister was one of my first hosts. My mom didn't book for five months and it was a for a fundraiser - she refused to do a traditional show and guilt her friends into buying something. My sister in law had her first show two years after I signed up. My other sister "doesn't do parties." Of my five closest friends locally, only one has had a show and that wasn't for 1.5 years. Most of my shows have come from fairs or simple acquaintances or logo wear. Good friends are just hard to get pumped for it (at least for me).

Good luck...

What are some healthy cooking options for busy weeknights?

One option is to meal prep on the weekends and have pre-made salads, soups, or stir-fries ready to heat up during the week. Another option is to use a slow cooker or instant pot to quickly cook a healthy meal while you attend to other tasks. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of quick and easy recipes on our website that are perfect for busy weeknights.

How can I make meal planning easier?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of meal planning tools, including our Meal Planner and Recipe Box, to help you plan and organize your meals for the week. You can also try meal planning apps or create a weekly meal rotation to save time and ensure variety in your meals.

What are some essential kitchen tools for beginner cooks?

A few essential tools for beginner cooks include a good set of knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, and a non-stick skillet. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of starter sets and kitchen tools that are perfect for beginner cooks.

How can I make cooking more fun and enjoyable?

One way to make cooking more enjoyable is to involve friends or family members in the cooking process. You can also try new recipes, experiment with different ingredients, and listen to music or podcasts while you cook. Pampered Chef also offers cooking classes and workshops that can make cooking a fun and social activity.

How can I incorporate healthier ingredients into my meals?

You can incorporate healthier ingredients into your meals by substituting traditional ingredients with healthier alternatives, such as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream or whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta. You can also add more fruits and vegetables to your meals and try new recipes that incorporate healthier ingredients. Pampered Chef offers a variety of healthy cooking tools and recipes to help you create delicious and nutritious meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • TheFreddiesCook