• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Pampered Chef Consultant Seeking Advice

In summary, the author is planning to demo Three Cheese Garden Pizza and a cake in the fluted stoneware pan at her upcoming grand opening, and is giving away products "book a party" and "something" to the guests who attend. There will be "somethings" marked "book a party" and "winner" and people who attend will have a chance to win one of these. She also plans to go over products not used in recipes after the demo.
ChefColbyJ
Hi there! I signed on to Pampered Chef a week ago and I have my grand opening in a week. A week later, I have a bridal shower! Feet first, right?!?

I was hoping to get some feedback on my first show. This is my plan:

1. I will demo Three Cheese Garden Pizza and a microwaveable cake in the fluted stoneware pan.
2. I plan on giving each person in attendance a scraper and the recipes that I demo on a printed notecard.
3. I will have three "chances to win" products---a mini muffin pan, chopper, and cutting board. To win, they have to try their luck at picking something (haven't figured out what) from a basket. Nineteen "somethings" will be marked "book a party" and one "something" will be marked WINNER. (maybe 9 marked book show, 1 marked winner???)
4. After the demo while products are cooking I will go over products not used in recipes and answer any questions.
5. Then eat and take orders.

What do you think? ANY and all advice is MORE than welcome!!!

I don't think I understand #3. Is this something that is going to be passed around in front of everyone or something people pick on the way in the door. My fear would be that the first person would pick the winner. I would maybe do a ticket game or something similar to that for your give aways. How many people are you expecting? Just curious because you are giving away some really nice products - I think I have only given away a chopper once in the 12 years I've been with the company and that was for a large, all day craft fair.

Three Cheese Garden Pizza is a good demo for a first show and I love doing cakes in the fluted pan. People are always impressed with them and someone will say "hey wait, you can put your stone in the microwave?" even though that is something you specifically said during the demo................

When I did my grand opening I gave away the bar pan that came in the kit (I already owned two). I gave that away to people who booked a show. If they put it on the calendar they got one ticket. If they put it on the calendar w/in my first 30 days they got two tickets. I also gave away a couple of small door prize things for people that were there.
I am not sure if I am understanding your drawing correctly. Are you telling people to book a show if they draw that ball? I think if people aren't doing it willingly then it will be a big flop and a waste of time if they are doing it out of obligation. JMHO.

Maybe try to resist "giving away" too much. This sets a precedent. Hopefully, some of these guests will become future hosts for you, and if you set the expectation of free gifts - that might get expensive over time. I ran into this on something as simple as days of the week to hold shows. When I tried to switch to no weekend shows, many current/future hosts had attended past shows that were held on the weekend and expected the same.

Also, now this is just my opinion, I would try to keep your first few shows as simple as possible. You will have a lot to worry about that isn't "second nature" yet. And adding in too many contests or games might be too much for a first show. You will be nervous about the demo and questions from guests.

I did not have any games for my first 2-3 shows until I was able to get more relaxed about the demo.

Good luck! :)

I also only have a concern over #3. While I think your guests will love it, you want to be careful of setting a precedent you can't keep up. If you want to do it, just make sure everyone knows you're only doing it because it's your Grand Opening.

That being said, many consultants do give away products at events like Open Houses. You could just do this with raffle tickets (buy a roll from a party supply store). I'm thinking your idea will probably not encourage bookings, as whoever pulls those tickets can easily ignore it. Give tickets for different things: RSVPing, attending, ordering, booking a show, signing up, bringing a friend, bringing an outside order, etc. If you want to encourage bookings, give more tickets for that, i.e. 1 ticket for RSVP, 2 tickets for an order over $60, 5 tickets for booking, 10 tickets for signing and so forth. This way even those who can't attend the show are eligible for the drawing. You can even throw in other prizes, like a free cooking show to encourage more bookings.

I do the ticket game also for a prize at my shows, but my prizes are citrus peelers, QuicKut Paring knives and so forth. My second prize is for the door prize/customer care slip.

Will your recruiter/director be attending your grand opening? If so, ask them to listen to "Promote Leaders Pronto" in the Online Training Center on CC, and consider doing some of the things described on there. It's a fabulous way to get you off to a strong start, but does require some help from her.

Exactly the opinions I needed. It is my first show and I don't want anything to flop. I got the idea from a Tupperware party I went to. We were all offered the chance to pick the ball (or whatever it was) knowing their was a chance to win the very nice product and knowing there was a chance we would end up booking a party. So many of us couldn't resist picking the ball just to see if we won. The host ended up with four bookings out of the game/challenge/idea. That is where I was going with it...offer a very nice product (since they were things that came in my kit that I already had) which would entice them to take the gamble.

But I see your points and I like the ideas of tickets too. I really appreciate your opinions!!!

OK, I can see how the idea works.

But, I want to tell you, you don't want to do a party for someone who doesn't really want to do a party, and only feels obligated to do so because of a drawing like that. It won't be as successful as a party with someone who decided they just want to do a party.

The best way to get people excited about booking, is to talk about the benefits of it multiple times in your presentation. Not necessarily in a long drawn out explanation, but little "seeds" here and there.

Check out this file for some one-liners:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachme...ng-bookings-seeds-booking-lines-halfsheet.doc

The original post (http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/planting-bookings-seeds-57934/#post701504) said:

Booking One-Liners - print, then cut sheets in half. Stack near you at a show, and flip when you've said each. Take care!

Thank you Noora for the post! That will help a TON!

Thank you everybody for helping to steer me in the right direction!

I agree with the others maybee just give away 1 thing as a special "my 1st show" prize.I understand your booking game and did a similar one. I also saw it at a TW party first then saw Karen Phelps (direct sales trainer) present it. Here is a link to a thread wehere we discussed how I did it. http://www.chefsuccess.com/f6/sealed-envelope-game-50059/And yes you need to stress to them that they should only play if they are willing to host. If they really do not want to host then pass. Also say they will get their prize at their show. Oh and only do this for a short period of time and let the guests know that. Say something like "I am doing this game durring my 1st 30 days to help get my biz off to a great start"

Thanks for your advice and the post, Paulette!

You bet! That's what this site is all about! :)

My concern is for #2 - I would not offer the recipes up front. Ask them to fill out a door prize slip (which you can put in a batter bowl & do a drawing from at the end - not a huge prize), including their email, so that you can email the recipes from the party. That way, you will build up your contact list. I always send a "thank you for attending" email to the guests that include the recipes, party closing date and info about hosting their own party. I always tell them too that I will also send them my monthly newsletter that has tips, recipes and any specials.
Good luck! Just be yourself, act natural and have fun!!

Awesome tip Dot... I forgot to mention that... :)

Have fun - keep it light - be nice - you'll do great! Do confirm that folks are actually coming--your job as the consultant.

What are the first steps I should take as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

As a new consultant, the first thing you should do is familiarize yourself with the products and company policies. Attend training sessions and reach out to your mentor or upline for guidance. Set up your website and social media pages to promote your business. Lastly, schedule your first parties and start building your customer base.

How can I increase my sales and bookings as a new consultant?

One of the best ways to increase sales and bookings is to host parties and events. This allows you to showcase the products and interact with potential customers. You can also offer special promotions or discounts to encourage people to book parties with you. Utilize social media and word of mouth to spread the word about your business.

What is the best way to handle difficult customers or hostesses?

The key to handling difficult customers or hostesses is to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties. If needed, involve your upline or customer service for support. Remember to always represent the company in a positive manner and prioritize customer satisfaction.

How can I make the most out of my starter kit as a new consultant?

Your starter kit is your key to success as a new consultant. Make sure to familiarize yourself with all the products and their uses. Use them to host parties and events to showcase their quality and functionality. Take advantage of the training and marketing materials included in your starter kit to promote your business.

What are some tips for balancing my Pampered Chef business with my other responsibilities?

Balancing your Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities can be challenging, but it is possible. Set a schedule for yourself and prioritize tasks based on their level of importance. Utilize social media and technology to manage your business on-the-go. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks or ask for help from your upline or team members when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebajoe
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nichole1231
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lisa S
  • Admin Greg