• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Needs Ideas on Products

In summary, the best products to buy for a consultant are the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Manual Food Processor (MFP).
JustineG
I am a new consultant. I just signed up today and am going to be hosting my first two parties on the 16th and 19th. I bought the big consultant kit but was wondering what other products I should buy that would be the greatest benefit to me. And what products are the best to buy for hostess and door prize gifts?

Thanks for all your help. I am really excited to get started.

Justine

I think the DCB is your best investment for yourself and for shows.It's your business to run your way, and some people go all out on things for hostesses and door prizes... I didn't. When I started, I just gave the charter host gift to my hostesses, and eventually I bought some SB cookbooks to give out too. Don't go overboard spending money before you make any, is my advice.

I am more interested in what products I should have to showcase that get the best sales. I was thinking more of little things like the twistits and such. What is DCB

Deep Covered Baker... that's where I get a lot of my sales.You won't get much in sales from twistits and such. You'd have to sell a ton of them to equal one DCB.

Don't buy the DCB if you signed up today. Focus on qualifying within your first 30 days and you'll get both the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Manual Food Processor (MFP) for free. Read up on the bring less, sell more philosophy. Let the catalog sell for you. This has worked for me. I've found that I sell the most of what I'm most excited about.

For example at my first show I was super excited about the micro adjustable grater - I sold several. At my next show I loved the stoneware - sold the most stoneware etc.

I do so love the veggie wedger and it make a great pair with the manual food processor.

I get twistits from the supply order for a door prize option.

I like giving my hosts a Season's Best and I also give them my business card on a magnet. On that card I write their host # and when their 10% expires. That way they have it on their refrigerator all the time. You can get a block of business card sized magnets for around $10-12 I think.. and Vistaprint some business cards. there are lots of threads on here about Vista Print.

for door prizes.. you dont' have to have product.. you can give "Free Shipping" or "$3 off an order" Heck you can even give a "FREE cooking class" print on slips of paper and tuck them in plastic eggs this month. have them choose.

Be creative and keep it inexpensive. Check the supply order form for the best deals on these sorts of things.

Be sure to keep an eye on what you need to get the most PC bucks in your first month. I just missed out on $150 in free bucks to shop with because I wasn't paying attention. For every 4 shows, you get $100 and for every $1250 you sell, you get $100, in the first 30 days only! That just passed for me yesterday. I was trying to get one last catalog show finished to make the bonus but it didn't work out. :( After that, it's just $50 for each 4 shows and $50 for each $1250 sold.

Also, try not to buy any products right now - wait until your 4th month, because then you get a New Consultant Kit Enhancement month. You can get $500 worth of products for 40% off. AND you can use your PC $ for Kit Enhancement.

One tem that my hosts love are the reusable shopping bags. They're a great way to go "Green". I also found a peron to stich my name and phone number on the bag as a way to advertise...I just went to a sewing store and asked around to find the person.

One other thing...I never do free shipping or tax. Always give something that adds to the order. I do a free Rub, Spice, Sprinkle or Dinner's Done recipe cards . I put this as a "Gift Certificate" in the shopping bag or Season's Best and let them choose the item they want the most.

Good luck and Have Fun!!

Cara

Thanks everyone for all of the good advice. I just want to be prepared as I can for my first show.

You can still order in this months Kit Enhancement. I signed on March 31st a few years ago and was able to order in the april KE and my 4th Month Kit Enhancement. If you have the money and want to spend it, it is a great deal. Someone correct me if it has changed within the last 3 years.
Mara

It changed Mara. I so wish that it didn't, because I am new consultant too!! Now everyone has to qualify for the previous three months in order to get their Kit Enhancement. Oh well...I will be able to get mine in June. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I just started a kit enhancement order today and it is showing 40% off. My first 30 days ended yesterday. I haven't submitted it yet, so I don't know if I will get an error message or not when I try but I'll let you know when I get it ready and try to send it!

The recruiting benefits changed effective March 1st. After March 1st PC Dollars are only based on sales and not the number of shows held. 100 PC$ for every $1250 in sales and another 100 PC$ for every $5,000 in sales. Go to Recognition and Incentives, then click on New Consultant Recognition and then Click on Program Details on the bottom right corner of the page for more information - it will pull up the new Acheive with Us brochure.

(Sorry this is so long!) Hopefully your recruiter is helping you / and your upline director. There are some amazing resources. What products? Recognize that in the 'big' starter kit, you already have hot sellers from all the product lines. If you started in April, you'll be getting the Manual Food Processor and Deep Covered Baker free when you qualify. Leave it at that.Fun ways to start your show: I'd like to begin tonight by asking everyone to please share their height and weight, then what it says on your driver's license! (Nervous laughter) Can anyone say they've burned a pot of water? Anyone use the smoke detector as their kitchen timer? Anyone who serves chicken two ways - burned or raw? Anyone who thinks lasagna is just the top 2 layers because the bottom one stays stuck to to the pan and you have to soak it for 3 days to get it out? Or anyone who has made the boxed cake or brownie mix, to find a quarter cup of dry powder still in the bottom of the bowl when you're pouring it out into your prepared pan? We've all been there. But Pampered Chef has some amazing ways to bring your cooking into the 21st Century and get you in and out of the kitchen quickly and in style.Product lines you already have in your kit:STONEWARE: Talk about the benefits by starting with a question to bring your guests' life experience to yours: Have you ever made brownies or a cake and had the inside right, but the corners were dark and crunchy? Or the corners were perfect but the inside was still raw? Love lasagna but hate soaking the pan afterward? Our stoneware solves this problem with an added benefit for you! The stone evenly heats to the temperature you set your oven at --no hot spots. Regardless if you have an electric, gas or convection oven, a metal pan will accept the heat from below and send it immediately to the corners and edges of your pan...that's why the corners cook so much. Instead our stoneware heats consistently center, edges, (point)here, here, and here to give you perfect results. Think of all the ancient cultures who used stone cooking: They Mayans and Aztecs, Native Americans, Italian brick ovens, African tribes who fashioned bread on rocks... Stone cooking has been used for generations. Why? Our stone over time becomes Nature's teflon - gradually oils remain behind on the stone and the golden brown hue builds to become a nonstick surface, just like grandma's cast iron. That's one added bonus - nonstick finish created by you just using it. To clean a stone, use really hot water and the awesome scraper tool that comes with. We don't use soap on a stone for two reasons: chemistry time! What does soap do? It doesn't clean your dishes, it separates the chemical bond of the oils from your dishes - acting as a surfactant so the dishes are not greasy. You actually clean your dishes with the rag or hopefully the Cadillac of dish washing brushes - the Pampered Chef brush. Instead, we want that oil to linger behind on the stoneware - because over time it builds up to create a nonstick surface. If you get eeky about not using soap, put the stone in your dishwasher on the RINSE cycle and let that hot water go at it. You'll get perfectly clean stones and not void the company guarantee. Reason number two not to use soap is we give you the awesome scraping tool. Use it under hot water, rinse and blot the stone dry - it is ready to go for next time. My stones live on end right with my cutting boards. My wife and I use them for cookies, rolls, fluted cakes, meatloaf, banana bread, roasting vegetables, frozen tater tots and frozen meatballs in the microwave. Yes, stoneware can go in the microwave! Have me make you a 12-minute chocolate miracle cake at your show in a couple weeks! Warm gooey melted chocolate chips inside a warm slice of chocolate heaven. Serve with just the right red wine and no one complains all night long! Who's having the next show?SIMPLE ADDITIONS: Do you hate entertaining because the tablescape never seems to come together for you? Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of useful matching serving pieces that add the drama to your food? At The Pampered Chef, we keep the drama in the presentation, not in the preparation! Drama on your table can be created with color and with height. Simple additions helps with both of those. Kind of Lego for adults, the product is fun to interchange, and looks terrific with its white background against your fresh food. Here's an added value for you! To be an instant hostess with the mostess, buy the premade food from the grocery deli or bakery, and serve it on Simple additions - people will be sure you slaved for hours! Garnish a baked cake or pie with a doily underneath or a deli salad or deli tray you create with a vegetable garnish like an onion mum using our V-shaped garnishing tool, or serve your salsa, guac and sour cream in different colored bell peppers you topped with the V-shaped cutter! The white background is the perfect palette to showcase the natural vibrant colors of your food. Things look so good on it! For added fun, use the dots pieces. You can get height several ways for your table - one, using our stainless steel caddies that beautifully display both the plate and your food. Two, is our adjustable tiered server, or cake pedestal. Three, is inverting a smaller simple additions piece under a larger upright piece - the possiblities are as endless as your creativity! Who is the most out-of-the-box creative person here? We'll have the next show at your place without food, and I'll bring Simple Additions, some ribbon, a couple bags of glass stones, a candle and fresh flowers to show you tens of awesome things you can do that would make all the Martha Stewart wannabes in your life envious! These are truly worthy for any decorator and food stylist among us! Book your no-food no-fuss party tonight.FORGED CUTLERY: This 5" utlility knife is the workhorse in our kitchen. The forged cutlery knives, like all of our cookware, are the only products Pampered Chef grants a lifetime guarantee. Ladies, these are great products! That Pampered Chef stands behind them forever, providing you and your family safe, easy cutting year after year, decade after decade. These are heirloom quality kinves like Henkel, Wusthof, Gerber or Cutco - but these feel terrific in your hand! A professional chef helped us design the shape and they represent the best in technology and comfort as you slice, pare, mince, dice, bone, chop and sliver. As a serious cook, you will appreciate their chromium-magnesium blend of steel as the best for keeping the finely honed blade sharp for the longest time. Their full tang construction where the metal of the blade goes all the way to the tip of the handle, means you have ultimate control whether you are just slicing a sandwich, effortlessly trimming a fillet or smoothly slicing vegetables. Like any fine knifes, you do need to wash these by hand, then return them to their protective case for storage in a drawer, or to your knife block until next time. We do carry a terrific honing tool to keep these knives at their finest, but you can use any knives in it! If these forged cutlery are an item just on your wish list for now, please do consider hosting a show. You can actually get a set of them at half price, or any of them at a discount of 20, 25 or 30% off in having your friends over for an easy, fun cooking show! With that said, our two other families of knives are important to understand. On page x in the catalog are our mid-range stainless steel knives with the grey sharpening case that sharpens the blade each time you draw it out of its protective sheath. These knives come with a 5-year guarantee and are perfect for the utility cook or someone who needs to use the dishwasher to get out of the kitchen quickly. Finally, our budget knives offer a terrific asparagus green ceramic coating on top of a stainless blade. These lowest priced knives are a good way for college students or first apartment folks to get a terrific cut without investing a lot up front. They can go in the dishwasher and are also good for culinary students who will absolutely know which knives are theirs! Anything sharp that Pampered Chef sells has a protective cover, showing our care for families and you, our customers and fans.

Products to give away: Consider your goals. If your goals are to have a fun time and bring others to the company to share with new friends and people, one kind of product. If your goals are to make money and collect a team to make money, another. The best fun time/relationship building host gift I offer is a Season's best where everyone at the show writes a quick note in the cover. Of course it is stamped/stickered/labeled with my contact information and website info on the back, but then it becomes an irreplaceable token of relationship for the host. If instead your goals are about money, then never give away something you don't get commission on. Offer your host another $20 for giving you a guest list of 35-40 people. Offer drawing slip winners $5-off on their order (which you can actually enter on the host discounted order to save you money, so it might cost you $4 or even $3.50) so you keep your profit.FYI I have found ladies' favorite low cost tools are the mini serving spatula and the mini whisk - both available on supply orders at a reduced cost in bulk for consultants. One awesome boost to stoneware is getting the stoneware scrapers and 'wrapping' them in folded paper with the variety of uses written on the outside (see attachment).Check with your upline for support. Every tool in your starter kit has a story like the above. Do your research - take those online training classes and you'll be stellar in no time! Keep us posted, and W E L C O M E T O T H E P A M P E R E D C H E F ! !

Attachments

• Pan Scraper Pouch.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Wow....that's worth the price of admission of the website Scott. Thanks for this!! This will be very helpful in reminding and teaching all of us all.

Thank you for this writeup advice Scott -- have copied it into my files-- lots of great information!

Check out the online training. I love the following:
https://www.pamperedchefonlinetrainingcenter.com/Content/Resources/Audios/15_TopSellerShowHow.mp3
I think it will make you rethink the how you do your shows, or at least give you great ideas. It may also encourage you to go to NC.

Hi, Scott. Do you have the chocolate cake recipe that you mentioned above?

Sure, chefsusieq!3-2-1 cake - do a search for microwave cakes and you'll find a flyer I have made in the past with 16+ varieties of them.Basic recipe is 3 eggs, 2 cups of sour cream(or something that consistency like pie filling) and 1 cup of either chocolate chips, fruit or nuts. Mix it together with a box of pudding-in-the-mix cake batter mix, and you get a mousse consistency. Pop it in a well oiled (or bakers secret) stoneware fluted pan and in 10-12 minutes you have a cake! Let it sit in the pan 2 minutes, then turn out onto a prepared cake pedestal or serving platter.

Scott....amazing info and super generous! Thanks so much! Sharing with the team.

1. What are the top selling products for new consultants to promote?

The top selling products for new consultants to promote vary depending on the season and current promotions, but some consistently popular items include the Quick Cooker, Food Chopper, and Rockcrok® Collection. It's also a good idea to always have some essential tools like the Mix N Scraper® and Flexible Cutting Mats on hand.

2. Are there any products specifically designed for hosting cooking parties?

Yes, there are several products that are perfect for hosting cooking parties. The Simple Slicer, Veggie Strip Maker, and Salad Chopper are all great options for demonstrating recipes and getting guests involved in the cooking process. The Mini Measure-All® Cup and Mini Serving Spatula are also handy tools for serving small portions of food at parties.

3. What products are recommended for new consultants who are just starting to build their inventory?

If you're just starting out as a consultant, it's a good idea to focus on versatile, multi-purpose products that can be used for a variety of recipes. Some suggestions include the Deep Covered Baker, Stoneware Muffin Pan, and the Deluxe Cooking Blender. These products can be used for everything from casseroles and roasts to muffins and smoothies.

4. Can you provide some ideas for using products in unique ways to showcase their versatility?

Absolutely! A few ideas for showcasing product versatility include using the Deluxe Air Fryer to make crispy homemade tortilla chips, using the Manual Food Processor to make homemade salsa, and using the Brownie Pan to create individual-sized lasagnas. You can also demonstrate how the Quick Cooker can be used to make a variety of recipes from soups and stews to cakes and cheesecakes.

5. What are some tips for promoting products to potential customers?

One of the best ways to promote products as a new consultant is to use them yourself and share your personal experiences with them. You can also host cooking parties and demonstrations to showcase the products in action and offer special promotions or discounts to your guests. Utilizing social media and word of mouth can also be effective ways to promote products to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Joyce D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bgupton