• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New "Behaviors" for Growing Personal Team

In summary, Becca is focusing on behaviors to improve her personal team and her recruitment efforts. She has been practicing good behaviors and is focusing on making more regular calls and following up with leads that have delayed becoming consultants. She is also planning to set up phone call systems for when she is unavailable.
baychef
Silver Member
I have been such a good girl and practicing good behaviors every day for growing my personal team. A lead last night, a new signed recruit tonight.

I want a cruise so I am going to really push myself to get those double recruiting benefits this month. My sales will get me just so far and my recruiting is way behind...plus my big focus is rebuilding my personal team and the momentum we once had.

With having this month off from my full time job, I am able to do this, but my goal is to get a system set up to train, retrain and grow consultants and their teams.:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

LOVE IT Ann! You can do this!I too am focusing on the behaviors... it's just breaking my bad habits that is the challenge! ;)

Care to share specific behaviors? I'm trying to differentiate between the "must dos" that will get me 80% of my results and the other activities that are "nice to do."

You go girl! And congrats on your new recruit! :D

Congrats Ann!

Becca_in_MD said:
Care to share specific behaviors? I'm trying to differentiate between the "must dos" that will get me 80% of my results and the other activities that are "nice to do."

Becca, my personal team right now consists of 13 people. Only one has a recruit. I have 2 in Virginia (I am in NY). Others live far enough away that coming to a meeting at my place is "too far" when they have children.

My behaviors are pretty much the basics:
-making a more regular call to each team member and finding out what they would like to do with their business.
-Doing my best to share with them behaviors and/or ideas that they may want to impliment to help them get what they need out of their business
-FOLLOWING UP more consistently with leads that have delayed becoming consultant. I am letting hot leads turn warm then go stone cold because I have too darn much on my plate. (I really need to get a Franklin Covey type system in place and stick to it.)
-I have a meeting north of where most of the consultants are located in which 2 turn out. I am trying to encourage them to do more with gathering leads then sharing with me their contact info to help them recruit. Not shying away from the "looks" when I mention recruiting.
-Actually taking recruiting packets with me to shows and asking everyone
-making a calendar of phone trainings for new consultants that when I come home from work, I can just flip open and teach (making it as no brainer as I can!)
-I did get a smart phone and I will be encouraging people to text me with questions they may have. In the past, I may have had to work a 10 or more hour day with a 1 1/2 hour commute and there will be several days like this coming up. If they text me I am more reachable. Also, I can not call out on our work phones too much because we have to put in an access code (so Big Brother is watching!) I can not check my e-mail or facebook at work so the smart phone will allow me to follow up quicker.
-re-establish a meeting in my area for those that will try to attend and for my new blood that I am bringing in. I have not had what I call a good exciting meeting in well over a year and I miss that energy!

My full time job is on hiatus this month for the most part but I will have it coming at me full force next month. In the short time left, I will be putting in training systems that when I come home I can train. Also, I am going to possibly set up some phone call systems people can access for the days when I know I won't be available.

For recruiting...I am offering in July only a rebate and sometimes a financing assistance. Understand that I want one of these trips (shooting for silver) and I have 1 qualified recruit so I need to recruit at least 3 to 4 more for the double credit to make this trip a reality, keep my full time job and keep some sort of sanity!! I have not been on a PC trip in years and I so need to get away!!!

Ok...I am slowly convinced that I am nuts:yuck:. I know that our first 2 recruits in July can count as double, but I thought that if we went to conference that all of our new recruits count as double. Am I nuts? And earning diamonds? Did I hear that wrong or do I need to dig the wax out of my ears or shake the marbles in my head?

baychef said:
Ok...I am slowly convinced that I am nuts:yuck:. I know that our first 2 recruits in July can count as double, but I thought that if we went to conference that all of our new recruits count as double. Am I nuts? And earning diamonds? Did I hear that wrong or do I need to dig the wax out of my ears or shake the marbles in my head?

No just your first two count as double regardless of whether or not you were at conference.

They did say something about earning the diamonds to complete your TPC ring/bracelet but I don't think that has been announced yet...

And no... you're not nuts... we received so much info that it's easy to mess it all up.

For conf attendees, as far as I know, the only promos are the Skinny Mini with gas cards and the Pick Again appliance for your 1st recruit (In addition to the other incentives already in place). HTH!

Thanks, Colleen! I intend on taking full advantage of the doubles and then keep on recruiting. The new blood on my team is so necessary!

Just now, I purchased 2 binders. One will help me to organize meetings and trainings.

The other to help me organize getting my new consultants off to the best start I can. Again, I come home at night after long days at work and either I am getting home after any sort of decent time to call people or I am burned to a crisp so I have to make this simple yet effective.

Will be working on recruit #2, #3 and #4 tonight and the weekend!

Congrats on your new recruit Ann!

From what I gathered, everyone can earn double points and recruit requirements for one consultant who joins in July and qualifies.

For those who attended conference, we earn double on the 1st 2 consultants. So conference attendees can earn 8000 trip points and have the 2 July recruits count as 4 of the required recruits.

Thanks Ann. Yup, your behaviors are very similar to mine. And I don't have a FT job that burns me out. Going on vaca this week so hope to have some time for a mini-retreat to review my notes and come up with a game plan. Then post the game plan so I DO IT. One behavior will be to send an e-mail every Mon. with my shows for the week to see who wants to come with me.

There were too many promos announced at Conference. I love promos so I can't believe I said that. Good thing they gave us the hand-out with the info to reference. Still want my F/W CN and Marketing Guide.

The deal with getting additional diamonds for your Excellence jewelry will be revealed to you in the future via e-mail. They said there will be 3 opportunities to earn an additional diamond(s). The heavy hint was to book a very full Fall. I don't know if everyone who has jewelry will have the same opportunities or if they'll be different months. I guess it will be based on sales, but recruiting might be required, too.

At my last tiny team meeting I gave my 2 attendees the Go for No CD from Conference. I explained to them what the CD was about. Then I related some of the material that I had heard last year but putting a relatable spin on it.

I know that there are many faithful NY Yankee fans here in NY. So I used Derek Jeter as my example. He if famous for the home runs he hits. He just got his 3,000th home run. As they related with pride I asked them...How many times did he miss? We don't focus on how many times he struck out or "failed" at hitting it out of the park. He had a more difficult time getting that last home run....what if he gave up out of frustration?

At least one light bulb went off! That consultant joined me in a 7 hour (one way) ride to NH for my upline's Fall kickoff. In that 2 or 3 hour kickoff MANY light bulbs went off.

She thought of 3 people right off the bat that she would like to recruit.

Also, our newly promoted ED, Karyn Battey (in the July issue of CN) shared that she put a sign on her desk. It read "if I were an ED I what would I do today keep and maintain my business?"

We also went to my ED's home, saw her office and got many more great tips!

Today although I have to go into work, it will be 2 to 3 recruiting calls. I need my one more signed recruit before the end of the month!

And I will be re-strarting a meeting in my area as of next month as well.

Does anyone have comments on their behaviors or habits? Would love for you to share!

baychef said:
It read "if I were an ED I what would I do today keep and maintain my business?"

I mentioned in another thread, this was a big a-ha for me because I've been saying over and over, "When I promote, I'll do that..." And what's funny is that I have a sticky note by my desk that says WWEDD (what would an exec director do?). A lot of people ask me what it means and I just tell them it's a reminder to myself.

But I am not doing the behaviors that an ED would do. I am doing the behaviors a sustaining D would do and that's why I'm not promoting.

I love the Derek Jeter reference (and I love him btw!). I am reading a book right now and one of the quotes in the book is, "Every 9-year old wants to pitch for the Yankees." So true! And what it goes on to talk about is whether or not we want to give up the dream or keep going for it. I'm not giving up on it... and I'm not going for it either.

Time to change some behavior...

1. What are "New Behaviors" for Growing Personal Team?

"New Behaviors" for Growing Personal Team are a set of actions, attitudes, and habits that individuals can adopt in order to improve their teamwork skills and contribute to the growth of their team. These behaviors include effective communication, active listening, conflict resolution, accountability, and collaboration.

2. Why is it important to adopt these "New Behaviors" for Growing Personal Team?

By adopting these "New Behaviors", individuals can create a positive and productive team dynamic, foster trust and respect among team members, and ultimately achieve better results. These behaviors also promote personal growth and development, as individuals learn to work effectively with others and overcome challenges.

3. How can I start implementing these "New Behaviors" for Growing Personal Team?

Start by identifying which behaviors you currently lack or need improvement on. Then, set specific goals for yourself and actively work on incorporating these behaviors into your daily interactions with your team. Seek feedback from your team members and reflect on your progress regularly.

4. Can these "New Behaviors" be applied in any type of team?

Yes, these "New Behaviors" can be applied in any type of team, whether it's a professional team in the workplace, a sports team, or a volunteer group. The key is to understand the unique dynamics of your team and adapt these behaviors accordingly.

5. How long does it take to see the effects of these "New Behaviors" on a team?

The effects of these "New Behaviors" may vary depending on the team and the individual's commitment to implementing them. However, with consistent effort and practice, individuals can start to see positive changes in their team dynamic within a few weeks. It's important to remember that teamwork is an ongoing process and these behaviors should be continually practiced and improved upon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLoriG
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • jcsmilez