• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Recieved Items Bought Here

In summary, I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem not recieving items that they have bought off of chefsuccess? I made an agreement with someone here to purchase some items, sent the moneyorder and now this persons email is no longer valid and their chefsuccess account no longer accepts pms. She is still posting as I have been trying to contact her thru her posts. I sent her a note and she never responded. I am not sure what to do next.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem not recieving items that they have bought off of chefsuccess? I made an agreement with someone here to purchase some items, sent the moneyorder and now this persons email is no longer valid and their chefsuccess account no longer accepts pms. She is still posting as I have been trying to contact her thru her posts.

I'm not saying the items were never sent, just that I never recieved them, I was hoping she could tell me when they were sent and if she had a delivery conformation number.

I at this point am not naming names for several differant reasons. I not sure what the policy on chefsuccess is for this. I know it is most likely buyer beware, which I understand.

I hope she sees this post and responds to me.

Carol

Carol - I would contact Admin Greg to see if he can provide any contact information in this situation.

just an FYI if you ever use paypal you will be covered with their protection.

I havent had a problem. The only thing is one person said she was sending money and never did. I waited for over a month before I relisted the item. I felt that was plenty of time.

Too bad we dont have a feedback system like ebay. That might be something Greg can try to do for us....not like he needs more work, but just a thought.

I always use Paypal for that reason. She claimed she did not have a account and didn't want one. I tried.

Phew- now I know it wasn't me. You had me worried there for a minute, since I've been selling a bunch of stuff here (and through my Etsy shop) in the last couple of months. ;) And sometimes things fall through the cracks.Since you mailed her a money order, how about sending her a note. Or contact her through email (some people have that enabled through their profiles).

Ann

You are so smart.... Why didn't I think of that? :confused: I will write her a note and send thru snail mail today. Don't know if that would really help or not, but I will try.

I do know that the money order has been cashied, I call and checked on that, I thought maybe she never recieved it. I have sent her emails thru here using the link from her name, no response.

thanks

cwinter474 said:
I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem not recieving items that they have bought off of chefsuccess? I made an agreement with someone here to purchase some items, sent the moneyorder and now this persons email is no longer valid and their chefsuccess account no longer accepts pms. She is still posting as I have been trying to contact her thru her posts.

I'm not saying the items were never sent, just that I never recieved them, I was hoping she could tell me when they were sent and if she had a delivery conformation number.

I at this point am not naming names for several differant reasons. I not sure what the policy on chefsuccess is for this. I know it is most likely buyer beware, which I understand.

I hope she sees this post and responds to me.

Carol

Did she at least let you know that the stuff has been shipped out to you?

Pal Pal is the way to go!! I never had a problem on here... knock on wood!!

cwinter474 said:
I always use Paypal for that reason. She claimed she did not have a account and didn't want one. I tried.

That's when you have to bite the bullet and not buy unless it matches your terms.

I haven't recieved any contact since she recieved the payment. She pm'd me and told me that things were crazy and she was delayed. That was on the 28th, so maybe I am worried to soon, just bothers me that her email is no longer good and that she wont accept any pm's.

I hope you arent out a lot of $$. I am weary sometimes, because some people are lurkers not that that's bad, but you don't necessary have to be a consultant to join this public site.....at least i dont think you do...

If you have the address you can also do a reverse look-up and try to find a phone number.

vwpamperedchef said:
I hope you arent out a lot of $$. I am weary sometimes, because some people are lurkers not that that's bad, but you don't necessary have to be a consultant to join this public site.....at least i dont think you do...

No, anyone can join for $5.

I've had this happen on here many many moons ago. The witch never did send my stuff. I'm still sending her bad vibes to this day :(
But I have had some great experiences here too!! (Luv ya Ginger!!)
I would send a note to this person. Maybe things are crazy for them right now and they do have good intentions. Please keep us updated.

pampchefrhondab said:
If you have the address you can also do a reverse look-up and try to find a phone number.
That would be my suggestion.

Well, I know it wasn't me! You told me you got the postcards. It does happen, you just never know. Sorry to hear you are going through this!

I've had some great experiences here too...of course they were Carolyn, DebbieJ, Ann, Beth, and a few others...I hope you get it straightened out!

wadesgirl said:
Well, I know it wasn't me! You told me you got the postcards. It does happen, you just never know. Sorry to hear you are going through this!

No it wasn't you silly girl.... Got and am using the postcards.... thanks

pampchefrhondab said:

Phone number is disconnected.... Guess I will just have to wait and see

Well some of you may remember I 'bought' something on here back in October. Never received it and starting inquiring in December. Paid through Paypal and after many unanswered emails started a Paypal dispute at which point her hubby responded stating he was sorry, she forgot, life was hectic, he'd send it right out blah, blah, blah....

So I stupidly didn't pursue the dispute when it ended in 10 days because it takes about 14-18 days to get here from where she was (very southern state to Canada) and guess what? NEVER received it!

I did initially in December inquire with Greg who said he'd look into it and she'd be banned if I didn't get it. I don't know what happened there because I told him to lets wait and see and then let him know in January that I never got it BUT for whatever reason she's still a member! Doesn't post (that I know of) but does view regularly.. My thread responding to her item for sale was 'erased' but I still have the PM's and click there to see if she's been on :mad:

So I guess it's buyer beware... Hopefully YOUR stuff still arrives eventually and it wasn't the same seller I had!

I hate that for you all. I've bought a few things listed here and have had good experiences.

I'm really curious about how these people who do something like this to other consultants run their PC business. I hope that they do not treat their customers in an unethical manner - however, I have a feeling that they probably do and more than likely will not remain in our business for an extended period of time. I can understand 'forgetting' to mail something timely, but to outright lie about it is really sad.

kcjodih said:
Well some of you may remember I 'bought' something on here back in October. Never received it and starting inquiring in December. Paid through Paypal and after many unanswered emails started a Paypal dispute at which point her hubby responded stating he was sorry, she forgot, life was hectic, he'd send it right out blah, blah, blah....

So I stupidly didn't pursue the dispute when it ended in 10 days because it takes about 14-18 days to get here from where she was (very southern state to Canada) and guess what? NEVER received it!

I did initially in December inquire with Greg who said he'd look into it and she'd be banned if I didn't get it. I don't know what happened there because I told him to lets wait and see and then let him know in January that I never got it BUT for whatever reason she's still a member! Doesn't post (that I know of) but does view regularly.. My thread responding to her item for sale was 'erased' but I still have the PM's and click there to see if she's been on :mad:

So I guess it's buyer beware... Hopefully YOUR stuff still arrives eventually and it wasn't the same seller I had!

Jodi - you might be able to call Paypal again and reopen your dispute.

pamperedlinda said:
I hate that for you all. I've bought a few things listed here and have had good experiences.

I'm really curious about how these people who do something like this to other consultants run their PC business. I hope that they do not treat their customers in an unethical manner - however, I have a feeling that they probably do and more than likely will not remain in our business for an extended period of time. I can understand 'forgetting' to mail something timely, but to outright lie about it is really sad.

Maybe these people aren't even PC consultants?? They could just be posting fake items on here just to take money. I really hope that's not the case. I don't know who this was, but I am sorry and hope that they read this thread and feel horrible about it and make it right!!

Thanks to everyone that posted. Makes me feel better that I am not alone. This was not my first purchase, all the others were trouble free, I also wonder what type of a consultant these people are. I am really holding out that she has just been busy.... but geeze... drop me a email or something. She was online and posted just days ago so I am hoping that she sees my post and contacts me.

Carol

I've bought stuff without problems

I've bought a lot of things on here and all but one was a PERFECT experience. That one.....she was a long-time consultant who was quitting her business. I sent payment via paypal, but didn't realize I could file a dispute until it was too late. She doesn't come on here anymore. She hasn't made a post in almost a year. I'm just glad that it was only $10 and count my blessings that it wasn't more than that.

Well, No response from my seller this weekend. I was so hopeful. But she hasn't posted this weekend either.

Do think I will send Greg a email in the morning.

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions.

Carol

After getting Greg involved, and exchaging emails thru him. I finally got my shirts!!!

Greg is the best!!

Thanks

So glad it worked out for you, too bad you had to bring out the big 'guns' though. LOL

Glad to hear that your received your shirts.

I wish Greg could work on a feedback system like ebay....that would rock!

I am glad you got your stuff. Too bad that you had to go to such extremes though!

vwpamperedchef said:
I wish Greg could work on a feedback system like ebay....that would rock!

amen! :angel:

Carol,

I am glad to hear that you finally got your shirts!

Considering that E-bay no longer allows negative feedback as of today that wouldn't work too well...

janetupnorth said:
Considering that E-bay no longer allows negative feedback as of today that wouldn't work too well...

Really?? I didn't know that, what good is it if you can't be honest about your experience with the person.

What?!? :eek: <sarcasm> That's totally useful. <end sarcasm> What's the point of having a feedback system if you can't leave true, honest, negative feedback when justified?DH just checked- sellers can't give negative to buyers, to eliminate retaliatory feedback. But a Buyer can leave negative to a seller.

Thanks for posting that Ann, I just went and checked and was going to post the same thing.:thumbup:

rennea said:
Thanks for posting that Ann, I just went and checked and was going to post the same thing.:thumbup:

Ah, thanks guys - didn't dig into the details yet, just noticed a change on the seller end.

It kind of sucks though for sellers in a small way. Sometimes there is a true deadbeat that you would like to give a gentle warning to other sellers about...

Oh well...

chefann said:
What?!? :eek:

<sarcasm> That's totally useful. <end sarcasm> What's the point of having a feedback system if you can't leave true, honest, negative feedback when justified?

DH just checked- sellers can't give negative to buyers, to eliminate retaliatory feedback. But a Buyer can leave negative to a seller.
That's good to hear! I hate when sellers won't leave you feed back until you do. Um, my transaction with you was done as soon as you mailed me your items. I won't leave feedback until I get those items!

wadesgirl said:
That's good to hear! I hate when sellers won't leave you feed back until you do. Um, my transaction with you was done as soon as you mailed me your items. I won't leave feedback until I get those items!

As a seller, I always leave feedback at shipment (unless I'm behind at work or something comes up then sometimes I'm a day or two late). I've actually been complemented a few times on it. I say, well when you purchase and pay your job is done!

So glad you got your items!I am so glad you got your items. I know things fall through the cracks and things come up for people. Some things are inevitable in life and I remember a couple years ago when I paid for something and didn't receive my items, the only reason I did is that I saved that person's phone number and address and pretty much left very unhappy phone messages. Not anything vulgar or cussing but just disappointment on my part and a threat to sue to get my money back. It wasn't a small amount! But it worked and I got my stuff, plus some extras, but never a note of apology or anything. I just got a box in the mail one day with the stuff.
It's horrible how that happens. I know it could happen to the most organized of us, but let's always remember to use good communication skills. I have been very happy with all my other transaction on here (and there have been many) with Ann, Beth, Cat, etc... I am buying something from someone as we speak, so I'll keep you posted. :eek:
Just kidding, it's only a small amount of rotten apples that do this to other cheffers. Again I am so glad you got your shirts!
Debbie :D

I seem to be on the same boat of paying for an item and I haven't gotten it yet. It will be a month on Sunday. I contacted Paypal and the seller(via Email) and want my money back.

Last edited:
Send Greg a note, I have found him to be a miracle worker!!!!

I had a bad experience on Lets Make A Deal with someone who insisted I pay by check and then said the package got damaged en route and all she got back was the empty envelope, blah blah...I was out over $30 and got nothing. Since I paid with a check I had no recourse. So now I only deal in Paypal.

dannyzmom said:
I had a bad experience on Lets Make A Deal with someone who insisted I pay by check and then said the package got damaged en route and all she got back was the empty envelope, blah blah...I was out over $30 and got nothing. Since I paid with a check I had no recourse. So now I only deal in Paypal.

I just had an experience with a SA piece, where we traded pieces (so no money exchanged). Mine arrived broken bc it was parcel post (took 12 days), and I seriously think the PO mishandled it. Luckily I had insurance on it. But I can see going thru the PO is going to be a P.I.T.A. Needless to say I needed the items for June 30, and broke, so I had to order from HO anyway.

Anyway, I learned not to buy breakable items on here. Get those from HO.

But Carolyn, you know if you have anything to sell (or your mom) come to me first. Hee hee!! :p

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef_kimmo
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • schel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • cwinter474