• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Having Done a Fundraiser Before...

In summary, a consultant in my cluster did a fundraiser, entered it as a regular show, donated her commission from the show and took all the host benefits...all the free products, etc. She was just getting started in the biz, and wanted more stuff! She had over a $4000 show, so got TONS of free stuff. Just wanted to throw that out there too...there are different ways that people do things. I have never done a fundraiser, but my DH would KILL me if I got all those free products. I already need a bigger kitchen for all my PC stuff!!
jentapp
What is the difference for the host? Does she still get the same benefits as with a catalog show? How does it work?

Nope. The only benefit a host gets is the monthly host special. The donation that is made to the organization is in lieu of host benefits. There's also no booking bonus but if bookings do come out of the fundraiser and are entered as bookings, the organization gets $3 additional donation for each booking.:)

A consultant in my cluster did a fundraiser, enterd it as a regular show, donated her commission from the show and took all the host benefits...all the free products, etc. She was just getting started in the biz, and wanted more stuff! She had over a $4000 show, so got TONS of free stuff. Just wanted to throw that out there too...there are different ways that people do things. I have never done a fundraiser, but my DH would KILL me if I got all those free products. I already need a bigger kitchen for all my PC stuff!!

I did the same thing, gave part of my commission and used the free products for a nice gift for the chair and to fulfil my PC wishlist! It was great! This way the chair got more money and I was able to justify getting the cookware as I didn't spend any money (just some time!)

pamperedbecky said:
Nope. The only benefit a host gets is the monthly host special. The donation that is made to the organization is in lieu of host benefits. There's also no booking bonus but if bookings do come out of the fundraiser and are entered as bookings, the organization gets $3 additional donation for each booking.:)

that does include the cloths right?

If she spends $60 or more she would get them free just as any other guest. Or the host can buy them at $9.50 if her order does not total $60.

pcchris & Gourmet Girl: You both have me thinking. I did my first fundraiser last night. It was for a pre-school. I put 21 packets together with cover letter, OOF, the works. Last night was the closing of the fundraiser; a cooking show. I brought the food/spent $25 in ingredients. Only 8 people showed up and realistically only a handful of the 21 families really participated. By the time I deduct my time in putting packets together, copies for packets, ingredients for cooking show, top prize incentive, etc. I will be luck to make any money at all with the lower commission rate for fundraisers. Right now sales are a little under $800. SO ... I could change it over to a cooking show, get the higher commission, give the school a check from me, I take the free and half price items ... ???? This is sounding a little better to me. I would not do it if the fundraiser was larger but I truly don't think I am going to make any money at all if I keep it as a true fundraiser. Any input from anyone?

I say "go for it"! But remember, if you donate your commission, you'll be ut the money you made...unless you give less than your total amount. However, free product is good for me! Just make sure that you tell the person in charge that you are going to do it that way. Most people are open to that, because it means more money for the organization! Good luck!

Does the host of the fundraiser get the 10% off for a year?

Good question ... I don't know. I also thought the fundraiser organizer got free shipping but PP won't let me do it so I guess I was wrong on that one. There is another $4 I am eating ... YUMMY!!!!!

pkd09 said:
There is another $4 I am eating ... YUMMY!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

pkd09 said:
pcchris & Gourmet Girl: You both have me thinking. I did my first fundraiser last night. It was for a pre-school. I put 21 packets together with cover letter, OOF, the works. Last night was the closing of the fundraiser; a cooking show. I brought the food/spent $25 in ingredients. Only 8 people showed up and realistically only a handful of the 21 families really participated. By the time I deduct my time in putting packets together, copies for packets, ingredients for cooking show, top prize incentive, etc. I will be luck to make any money at all with the lower commission rate for fundraisers. Right now sales are a little under $800. SO ... I could change it over to a cooking show, get the higher commission, give the school a check from me, I take the free and half price items ... ???? This is sounding a little better to me. I would not do it if the fundraiser was larger but I truly don't think I am going to make any money at all if I keep it as a true fundraiser. Any input from anyone?

I've heard of many people doing it this way.

Related to Never Having Done a Fundraiser Before...

What is a fundraiser and how does it work?

A fundraiser is an event or activity that aims to raise money for a specific cause or organization. Pampered Chef fundraisers typically involve selling our products and a portion of the sales are donated to the chosen cause. This can be done through in-person or online sales, and the host of the fundraiser receives rewards based on the total sales.

Do I need to have previous fundraising experience to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, you do not need any previous fundraising experience to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary materials and support to make it a success.

What types of organizations can benefit from a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Any type of organization can benefit from a Pampered Chef fundraiser, including schools, churches, sports teams, non-profits, and more. As long as the organization is eligible to receive donations, they can host a fundraiser with us.

How much money can I expect to raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money raised will depend on the size of your group, the number of participants, and the effort put into promoting and selling the products. On average, organizations can earn anywhere from $500 to $2,000 with a Pampered Chef fundraiser.

What type of products are available for fundraising and how much do they cost?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and food products for fundraising. Our products range in price from $5 to $200, with most falling in the $20 to $50 range. Our consultants can help you choose the best products for your fundraiser and provide a detailed pricing list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • meganmcg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies