1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Booked a fundraiser at a show does host get anything?

1. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

I have never done a fundraiser but got one from a girl at one of my shows. Does the host of my show the fundraiser was booked from get anything like she would if it was a show booked?

Apr 6, 2009
  2. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I don't think so since money is being donated to the organization, but I could be wrong on that.

Apr 6, 2009
  3. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes, the host can get the 60% off special only.

4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

Oh, I was thinking if someone booked, the fundraiser host wouldn't get anything at the booked show because of the booking benefit... sorry!

Apr 6, 2009
  5. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

The host of your fundraiser gets to take advantage of the Host Special! It's a little gift for the organization of the event.

If I understand your question completely, you are wondering about the PAST host? If the "fundraiser" host booked off of the original host's party, then yes, the original host can get the Host Special as well! So both of them can get the Host Special! HTH~

Apr 7, 2009
  6. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

If I read the policy correctly, the organizer/ "host" can get one booking benfit from all the shows booked....meaning she can get the past host benefit once from her choice of the shows booked. She also gets the host special from the fundraiser month.

7. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I just went back and read the policy and boy was I wrong! Sorry! No booking benefit for host! Please accept my apologies for misinforming!!:eek:

8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Yes, the booking benefit still applies to the original host. She can get the host special as a guest.

The fundraiser chairperson can also purchase the host special. However, she is NOT eligible for any booking benefits if shows are booked from the fundraiser. Instead, PC donates $3 for each booking.

Apr 20, 2009
  9. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

One thing to add. I just did a fundraiser and couldn't figure out (well at least for an hour) why the guest sales were more than the commission-able sales. I knew that I didn't get commission on the sales of the host special, but there was still a difference.

Turns out that when you have your host (organizer) and the past host order the host special, both of those amounts count in the guest sales. So when you are looking to see if your fundraiser is meeting the $150 minimum or the $600 level for increased %, look at the guest sales number, and encourage the host specials to be used.

Hope that makes sense.

Have something to add?