• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Negative Bank Balance - What Do I Do?

In summary, the bank account had a negative balance and one of the shows was returned to the account, which caused the balance to go negative. The individual contacted their consultant and found out that they would have to call HO first. HO will contact the consultant and also contact the director.
lkprescott
Silver Member
Uh oh... I went in to check my bank balance this morning and the available balance was in the negative... my last 2 shows hit at the same time and was just shy of the balance available! eep!! I did an instant transfer this morning but now it's showing that one of the shows is back in my account. Will HO just try it again or what trouble am I looking at right now?

:cry:

If this is the first time they will let it slide. I would call HO and let them know the money's available now.

*whew*... okay, then I won't panic just yet... Does HO contact the consultant when this happen, does anyone know?

lkprescott said:
*whew*... okay, then I won't panic just yet...

Does HO contact the consultant when this happen, does anyone know?

Yes, they will but it's better to call them first.

PS: They will also contact your director.

finley1991 said:

Good to know...

I knew I was cutting it close with waiting for a customer to get her money in (that's what I was short... *smacks forehead*)... but I think I got lax too with how long it was taking for the debits to go through and since they weren't submitted the same day, got surprised that the money got pulled the same day.

Lesson definitely learned there!

lkprescott said:
Good to know...

I knew I was cutting it close with waiting for a customer to get her money in (that's what I was short... *smacks forehead*)... but I think I got lax too with how long it was taking for the debits to go through and since they weren't submitted the same day, got surprised that the money got pulled the same day.

Lesson definitely learned there!
Hmm, that's good to know. I am always usuallyy prompt to deposit before submitting but I always figure they will debit 7-14 days after shipment but ya never know.... and always have the funds avail. just in case they did debit the day of shipment!:eek:

I would go ahead and call before HO calls too. Then they know better it was an honest mistake. I know it will work out for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys! I've run out of time for business this morning but sent off an email to them, so they can answer in their own time and at least I let them know. I'll keep yous posted.

I head back from HO... boy that was fast! So far nothing is flagged in their system so I guess I just wait and see and hope everything's all ironed out and I worried for nothing.

I had that happen to me a few months back and the bank went ahead and paid it and charged me the fee for overdraft. Since the bank let it go through I don't think HO ever knew about it. But I don't have overdrafts that often, so that's why the bank covered it, but they still took out their share for letting it slide. Maybe your bank does that too...

If you have 2 of them returned to the HO within 2 months, you will be put on Money Order only status for 6 months. That means that you will have to send in your orders and get a money order for each one. Sounds lovely huh?

I think they usually try putting it through twice though.

urbnk8 said:
I think they usually try putting it through twice though.

They do and if there are no funds again, then you will hear from HO. They will hold your commission. :( That is when you need to mail a MO.

finley1991 said:

Why would they let your director (or anyone else) know your financial status? I don't think that is anyone's business.

It's because it could affect your status for submitting orders, and then your Director can go over the relevant policies with you.

chefsteph07 said:
I had that happen to me a few months back and the bank went ahead and paid it and charged me the fee for overdraft. Since the bank let it go through I don't think HO ever knew about it. But I don't have overdrafts that often, so that's why the bank covered it, but they still took out their share for letting it slide. Maybe your bank does that too...

Not sure what this bank will do. It's new to us... we recently dumped a bank who LOVED to screw around with our balances and charge overdrafts. So far, this bank is a lot more responsive and the overdraft fee is almost half of the other bank.

dns2202 said:
If you have 2 of them returned to the HO within 2 months, you will be put on Money Order only status for 6 months. That means that you will have to send in your orders and get a money order for each one. Sounds lovely huh?

Good to know... I hate money orders, I know, who likes 'em.. LOL... I'm going to keep a better buffer in that account from now on. I'm usually so careful but I grew complacent... not a good thing. LOL...

We have a charge card associated with our checking account. If we overdraw, the overdrawn amount gets transferred from the credit card. Of course there are fees and the interest rate is 20+%, so we're really careful, but it's nice to know it's there "just in case".

My checking account draws out of my savings account if I over draw.

chefann said:
It's because it could affect your status for submitting orders, and then your Director can go over the relevant policies with you.

Do they just tell them it is on Money order status or do they give details?

I can see telling them that they are on money order status, that could make them want to quit or do the minimum (because it is more hassle), but if they give details (and I understand the directors would KNOW that money order status would mean things have bounced :rolleyes: ) that would not be any of their business - Like the amount, the number of times, things like that.

Your Director gets an e-mail even if it's a guest's card declined. It's just so that we can be aware and help you get it resolved quickly.

Well, checked the account online and looks like I got charged an overdraft fee from both my bank AND TPC... which is fine. Both combined is just a little over what my OLD bank used to charge. I transferred more money over though to be WAY more of a buffer than I should need... of course it won't take affect until Monday so I'll be on pins and needles until then. At least this weekend is kinda busy so I shouldn't dwell too much on it.. *sigh*

genburk said:
Do they just tell them it is on Money order status or do they give details?

I can see telling them that they are on money order status, that could make them want to quit or do the minimum (because it is more hassle), but if they give details (and I understand the directors would KNOW that money order status would mean things have bounced :rolleyes: ) that would not be any of their business - Like the amount, the number of times, things like that.

I totally agree! I don't want anyone to know my financial business whether good or bad. I don't see how it is legal for them to divulge that information. Did I give permission somewhere that I don't recall?

stacywhitlow said:
I totally agree! I don't want anyone to know my financial business whether good or bad. I don't see how it is legal for them to divulge that information. Did I give permission somewhere that I don't recall?

I've never had this happen to anyone in my downline so I'm not sure what the e-mail from HO says.

I do know that directors are notified when a show is on hold for someone in our cluster and why it is on hold. I think they tell us so we can contact the consultant and help them resolve it... they sometimes don't know what to do in certain circumstances (declined customer credit card, etc.). Also, I have a few on my team (this drives me CRAZY!) that only check their e-mail once a week if that. This way I can contact them and give them a heads up.

But like I said, I've only been notified if a show is on hold or if someone is going to become inactive.

All is well! TPC finally took the show total out and obviously it went through. All is right with the Universe once more. *whew*It did take them a bit of time to take it out again as you can see by the dates of my posts but I figured no news was good news. And it was!

Related to Negative Bank Balance - What Do I Do?

1. What does it mean to have a negative bank balance?

A negative bank balance means that you have spent more money than you currently have in your bank account. This can happen if you have overdrawn your account, have outstanding fees or charges, or if a transaction has not yet cleared.

2. How do I know if I have a negative bank balance?

You can check your bank balance either online, through your bank's mobile app, or by contacting your bank directly. Your bank will also notify you if your account balance drops below zero through email, text message, or mail.

3. What should I do if I have a negative bank balance?

If you have a negative bank balance, it is important to take immediate action to avoid further fees and charges. You can deposit money into your account to cover the negative balance, transfer funds from another account, or contact your bank to discuss your options.

4. Will I be charged for having a negative bank balance?

Most banks charge fees for having a negative bank balance. These fees can vary depending on your bank and the type of account you have. It is important to check with your bank to understand their policies and fees.

5. How can I avoid having a negative bank balance in the future?

To avoid having a negative bank balance, it is important to keep track of your spending and regularly check your account balance. You can also set up alerts through your bank's app or online banking to notify you when your balance is low. Additionally, make sure to budget and plan your expenses carefully to avoid overspending.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • krzymomof4