• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comm. Applied to Open Acc'ts Receivable Balance???

In summary, the girl at support services said that there was a problem with the supply order and that it was $69.96. The money that was taken out of the account matched the amount that was due for the show. There was a problem with the first supply order, and it was paid later on a credit card. The sample was paid on a credit card without any issues. The letter says that the $70 plus $20 NSF fee needs to be resolved in a timely manner.
northern_sunshine
So I went to look at my very first commission statement. I only had 1 show submitted in May, so I knew it wasn't much. $61, which I was so happy about. I page down and see some sort of invoicing number and Comm Appld to Open Acct receivable balance and a -$69!!! WTF! There was also the insurance payment (understandable) and 2 adjustments which the girl at support services figured out was a shipping adjustment that I overpaid for a supply order.

The girl at support services was super nice, but has no clue as to what it would be. I'll be getting a callback from one of the supervisors either today or tomorrow. I've only put in 1 supply order and 1 sample order both are showing balanced in PP. The money they removed from my account matches the amount due for that show. Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Needless to say, my first commission was rather upsetting.

So you didn't receive anything as commission on your actual check stub? It will show as a negative at the end of the month if you were actually paid mid-month. It says Mid-month offset though.

I don't get a check, it's direct deposit. Here's the transaction I don't understand and the statement of deposits and commissions paid at the bottom (date is day/month/year in Canada). The transaction is under "Adjustments" on my month end commission statement. COMM APPLD TO OPEN ACCTS RECEIVABLE BAL -69.96

Direct Deposit Date: 11/06/07 0.00

Total Monthly Commission Paid: 0.00
ETA: This is my first ever commission, so there was nothing to offset before this.

Hmm...that is strange. Supply & Sample orders are not listed on our commission statements. I assume that your actual bank account shows the -69.96, right? And there wasn't a problem deducting the amount for your sup & sample orders from your account assuming it's a debit card you are using.

They didn't take the money, but they didn't deposit any either. It's like nothing happened. There was a problem with my first supply order, I didn't realize that PP defaulted to the debit card and I entered a credit card but didn't delete and add the payment, so it didn't go through but I paid it later on a credit card (when I realized the mistake, I'd talked to 2 people at support services and neither mentioned the outstanding balance, I found it in PP and paid it). The Sample was paid on a credit card as well with no issues.

I don;t think they can direct deposit your first commission cheque, unless things have changed, but I know that for a long time your first commission came as a cheque. Maybe they can't take your first show out that way either?? Hmmmmm.....
Maybe your bank account info is incorrect or something and they adjusted it because of that?
Weird.

But wouldn't they have adjusted it for the $61 that my commission was rather than the $69? And my first show was paid out of the account fine. I am positive my banking info is correct. I don't have a problem with them issuing me a check, but couldn't they have just said that in english on the statement instead of the cryptic message it had? :confused:

My first commision check a month or so ago was direct deposited. This does look wierd. I would just call and ask to speak to someone else who CAn give you answers. Maybe yoru director can point you in the right direction. It really is wierd!

My first check was just this last week and it was direct deposited.

I don't have any advice other than talk to people at the HO.

I'm currently awaiting a callback from Support Services. They called back last night, but it was my daughters Kindergarten graduation and we weren't here. I just called and mentioned who I spoke with yesterday and the girl I talked to is having her call me back.

So I found out what it was. Finally. It was the messed up supply order and when I thought charged it to the credit card the second time (after finding out it bounced from my account cause PP defaults to the TPC debit and I didn't realize it), it didn't. They deducted it from my commission. Which is all well and good and the girl at SS was super nice.

However, today I got a letter (dated the 4th) that I still owe them $70 plus $20 NSF fee and it goes on and on about how I have to resolve this in a timely manner to avoid it being deducted from my commission :rolleyes: and keeping me from processing my parties :eek: . I just got the mail Tuesday, so the letter just arrived either yesterday or today. Of course the girl listed on the letter is "unavailable to take my call" and I left a message 2 hours ago and still no call-back.

I'm feeling very discouraged. So for May, I've made nothing and spent a total of $57.50 in NSF fees. :( I'm feeling so NOT confident in this decision to do this, with my abysmal sales, lack of bookings until Fall and this.

Last edited:
Keep your chin up!! I'm sorry this happened! Hopefully you will get it worked out!

Well, the girl from Financial Services called back and her system isn't showing that it was paid from my commission! :eek: So she has to talk to the girl in SS that I talked to Wednesday.

The good news is she thinks that they may have waived the $20 NSF fee. :D If I don't hear back from her tonight or Monday, then they did. Pray I never speak to her again! :D

What is an open accounts receivable balance?

An open accounts receivable balance refers to the amount of money that a company is owed by its customers for goods or services that have been delivered but not yet paid for. It is a common type of asset on a company's balance sheet.

Why is communication important for managing open accounts receivable balances?

Effective communication is crucial for managing open accounts receivable balances because it helps to ensure timely payment from customers. By maintaining open lines of communication, companies can send payment reminders, resolve any issues or disputes, and establish a good relationship with their customers.

What are some common communication strategies for managing open accounts receivable balances?

Some common communication strategies for managing open accounts receivable balances include sending regular payment reminders, providing multiple payment options, offering discounts for early payment, and following up promptly on any late payments or disputes.

How can a company use communication to reduce its open accounts receivable balance?

By using effective communication, a company can reduce its open accounts receivable balance by improving its collection process and ensuring that customers are aware of their payment obligations. Additionally, good communication can help to identify any issues or disputes that may be causing delays in payment and address them promptly.

What are the consequences of poor communication for managing open accounts receivable balances?

Poor communication can lead to delays in payment, strained relationships with customers, and ultimately, a higher open accounts receivable balance. It can also make it difficult for a company to accurately track and manage its accounts receivable, leading to potential financial losses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Cindycooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Jennifer E