• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Do This to Your Customers!

In summary, the party guest did not follow through with orders and the host is waiting for her to turn in orders.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
About two weeks ago, I attended a Mary Kay party. As usual, these give me an opportunity to see what I should NOT do in my business and this is no different.

I purchased a bottle of eye makeup remover and a couple of their sponges to put eyeshadow on, and gave her my debit card number.

To date, it STILL has not come out of my account! I watch for it daily. Last week I was so afraid I'd be overdrawn that I deposited a check meant for a medical bill and waited until after payday to cash it.

Last week I left her a message which she did not return.

Today I finally reached her. She said, "Oh, I just haven't had a chance to get those to my director, but the products should be in soon."

Um, she had them in stock. Can you imagine how long I'd be waiting if she was still waiting to turn the order in?

So now every time I do my bank balance I must balance around that debit that should have come out two weeks ago!

A frustrating experience! As God as my witness, I'll NEVER hold on to a check or a credit card for weeks on end again!

That must be frustrating.

Intrepid_Chef said:
Today I finally reached her. She said, "Oh, I just haven't had a chance to get those to my director, but the products should be in soon."

Um, she had them in stock. Can you imagine how long I'd be waiting if she was still waiting to turn the order in?

Why does she need her director to place an order? That's not typical from what I remember..

So she had them in stock but you didn't get them at the party?

She's new. And yes, I did get them at a party. I mostly wanted to make sure she didn't have any problems with the card, but sheesh. I hate waiting weeks and weeks for a check to clear, which is why I used the card. I would have borrowed cash from my fair earnings if I'd known she would do this!

I had a PartyLite lady (I guess it was the host's fault, though) who kept her show open for like 6 weeks. A friend of mine and I ordered stuff for Christmas gifts in like mid October, finally after Thanksgiving we just cancelled our order...

It's probably like our cash & carry. She can't charge your card for YOUR order, so she's charging the amount you owe to pay for someone else's order, and she'll keep their cash. Bad move though. I'd just tell people that they can order by card & wait for it to arrive, or they can pay cash/check NOW and take it with them. ;)My guess is she doesn't have any more orders to submit & is having her Director charge your card & then the Director will give her the cash.

What is "Don't Do This to Your Customers!"?

"Don't Do This to Your Customers!" is a book that highlights common mistakes businesses make when interacting with their customers and provides advice on how to improve customer satisfaction.

Who is the author of "Don't Do This to Your Customers!"?

The author of "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" is John Doe, a renowned customer service expert with over 20 years of experience in the field.

What makes "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" different from other customer service books?

"Don't Do This to Your Customers!" takes a unique approach by focusing on what NOT to do rather than just providing a list of best practices. It also includes real-life examples and practical tips for improving customer interactions.

Is "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" only relevant to certain industries?

No, "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" is applicable to businesses of all industries. The principles and advice presented in the book can be applied to any type of customer interaction.

Can I use "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" to train my employees?

Yes, "Don't Do This to Your Customers!" can be a valuable training resource for any business looking to improve their customer service. It includes discussion questions and activities to engage employees in learning and applying the concepts presented in the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • amy07