• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Valentine Centerpiece Ideas

I thought they might not let us have an open flame. I asked today and they said as long as someone stayed in the room it was fine. I agree...I LOVE candles!
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
Tomorrow I need to pull together about 15-20 centerpieces for a PTO pancake dinner/meeting. Any fun, CHEAP ideas? I've got access to glass bowls (the "ivy" glass bowls with ripply tops). Can't do candles :(

I'm using all my SA bowls for the toppings so can't use any PC stuff for centerpieces.

Glass "stones" (red, maybe) and the fake tealights from the dollar store. They look like lit candles, but are basically a little flashlight.

Instead of the stones you could use small conversation hearts w/ the fake candles, too (might be cheaper?). You can pick up nice sized bags at the dollar store.

dianevill said:
Instead of the stones you could use small conversation hearts w/ the fake candles, too (might be cheaper?). You can pick up nice sized bags at the dollar store.

My fear of using candy is that the kids will eat it before the night is over....of course, they could also stick the stones up their noses! :eek: Hmmm...that would add a bit of excitement to the evening. :)

You could skip the fake candles and fill the bowls (halfway) with a mix of conversation hearts and red hots. And add one of those foil "fireworks" things sticking up from the center. (The sticks with foil and shapes that are made for centerpieces and floral arrangements.)

put colored water in the bowl (like pink) use red food coloring, then float a flower on top. You can get them at the dollar store

If you don't want to put candy in them, you can also cut strips of red and white ribbon and mix them in the bowl like confetti...

Valentine M&Ms
conversation hearts
red hots

basket shred in red & white & pink

water w/valentine confetti

tie red (or other valentine) ribbon around top of each bowl into a bow

that is about all I can come up with.

rock salt (or new aqaurium pastel gravel or craft sand) in the bottom and the fake tealights like mentioned by AnnOn vellum print some colored hearts several to a page cut them out and stick them to the side with double stick tape.
I did our jackrabbit (school mascot) in a football uniform this past weekend for our football banquet. With the flame they glowed it was so cool to so him I did 2 to a bowl but with hearts you could do several and in different colorsTarget also has clear, red or pink hearts I bought some the other day they are about the size of a marble

Here's what I ended up doing....I took an ivy glass bowl (the cheap 97 cent ones that have wavy tops). Put a votive candle in it (mine were inside little glass votive jars). Poured candy conversation hearts around the votive jar, between the jar and bowl, up to the top of the votive jar.

Tied pink curly ribbon around the top and curled it. When I lit the candle it made the candy glow.

They were SO cute and I couldn't believe how many compliments I received!!

So if you are looking for a quick and simple idea for valentine's day....look no further :) Thanks to everyone for the great ideas...I knew I could count on you to help me start thinking creatively!

Candles?
GeorgiaPeach said:
Here's what I ended up doing....I took an ivy glass bowl (the cheap 97 cent ones that have wavy tops). Put a votive candle in it (mine were inside little glass votive jars). Poured candy conversation hearts around the votive jar, between the jar and bowl, up to the top of the votive jar.

Tied pink curly ribbon around the top and curled it. When I lit the candle it made the candy glow.

They were SO cute and I couldn't believe how many compliments I received!!

So if you are looking for a quick and simple idea for valentine's day....look no further :) Thanks to everyone for the great ideas...I knew I could count on you to help me start thinking creatively!

I thought you couldn't use candles. I always love candles, maybe not so much with kids around but even not lit they are pretty and cheap!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I thought you couldn't use candles. I always love candles, maybe not so much with kids around but even not lit they are pretty and cheap!

Debbie :D

I thought they might not let us have an open flame. I asked today and they said as long as someone stayed in the room it was fine. I agree...I LOVE candles! I was SO happy when my kids were finally old enough that I could start lighting candles again :)

Related to Need Valentine Centerpiece Ideas

What are some easy centerpiece ideas for a Valentine's Day party?

Some easy centerpiece ideas for a Valentine's Day party could include using red and pink flowers in a vase, creating a heart-shaped fruit arrangement, or using heart-shaped candles on a decorative tray.

Do you have any suggestions for a budget-friendly Valentine's Day centerpiece?

Yes, there are many budget-friendly options for a Valentine's Day centerpiece. You could use mason jars filled with candy hearts, make a paper heart garland to drape across the table, or repurpose items you already have at home, such as a red or pink scarf as a table runner.

What are some creative ways to incorporate food into a Valentine's Day centerpiece?

You could create a fruit and cheese platter in the shape of a heart, make heart-shaped sandwiches or cookies, or use heart-shaped cookie cutters to shape fruits and veggies for a colorful and festive display.

Are there any non-traditional options for a Valentine's Day centerpiece?

Yes, you could use a small potted plant or succulent as a centerpiece, create a DIY photo display with pictures of you and your loved one, or make a bouquet of paper flowers in red and pink hues.

Do you have any tips for creating a romantic ambiance with a Valentine's Day centerpiece?

Ambiance can be enhanced with the use of soft, dim lighting, such as candles or string lights, incorporating elements of nature, like fresh flowers or greenery, and adding personal touches, such as framed photos or handwritten love notes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
Replies