• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need the Trecipe for Bacon Salad...

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a recipe for a salad with bacon in it. The options suggested include BLT Ranch Salad Pizza, "The Works" Baked Potato Salad, and Jerk Chicken Salad. It is mentioned that the Cheeseburger Salad does not call for bacon, but it could be added for a bacon cheeseburger variation. The BLT Ranch Salad Pizza is suggested as a potential recipe, and the conversation ends with a guest suggesting different variations of the recipe. The recipe for BLT Ranch Salad Pizza is eventually provided, which includes ingredients and directions for making the salad.
Stacy
I am at work and so i do not have access to my cookbooks. I need a recipe for a salad that has bacon in it. I think it was a featured recipe this summer?? or am I thinking of the cheeseburger salad? Any help would be appreciated.
Stacy

There are several. Is it one of these?

BLT Ranch Salad Pizza

"The Works" Baked Potato Salad

Jerk Chicken Salad

The Cheeseburger Salad doesn't call for bacon - but I bet it would taste GREAT with bacon added!

Yum the blt salad sounds like what I am looking for. Can someone post it please....

kam said:
The Cheeseburger Salad doesn't call for bacon - but I bet it would taste GREAT with bacon added!

I mention this at my shows. I talk about how easy it would be to change up this recipe...and make it a bacon cheeseburger salad, or add some BBQ sauce with the ketchup and make it a BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Salad. A guest suggested substituting Ranch Dressing and making it a Bacon Ranch Cheeseburger Salad.....they all sound good to me!

Stacy said:
Yum the blt salad sounds like what I am looking for. Can someone post it please....

BLT Ranch Salad Pizza
Ingredients:
1 pkg (13.8oz or 283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
2 plum tomatoes
1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (125 mL) ranch salad dressing, divided
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz/60 g)
1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted ripe olives, sliced
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red onion
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Unroll pizza crust to within 1 inch (2.5 cm) of edge of lightly floured Rectangle Stone. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

2. On Cutting Board Large Grooved, thinly slice lettuce using Chef's Knife. Seed and dice tomatoes. In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the salad dressing and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well and spread evenly over crust. Top pizza with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, onion and bacon. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cut into squares; serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Related to Need the Trecipe for Bacon Salad...

1. What ingredients do I need to make Bacon Salad?

To make Bacon Salad, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 head of lettuce
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1/4 cup of diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup of diced tomato
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup of croutons
  • 1/4 cup of your preferred salad dressing

2. How do I cook the bacon for Bacon Salad?

To cook the bacon for Bacon Salad, you can either fry it in a pan on the stove or bake it in the oven. For frying, heat a pan on medium-high heat and cook the bacon for 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally, until crispy. For baking, preheat the oven to 400°F and place the bacon on a baking sheet. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy.

3. Can I use different types of lettuce for Bacon Salad?

Yes, you can use any type of lettuce for Bacon Salad. Some popular options include romaine, iceberg, and mixed greens. You can also use spinach or other leafy greens for a healthier twist on the traditional recipe.

4. How far in advance can I make Bacon Salad?

Bacon Salad is best served fresh, but you can make it ahead of time by prepping the ingredients and storing them separately in the fridge. Keep the lettuce, bacon, and vegetables in separate containers, and store the croutons and dressing in airtight bags or containers. Assemble the salad right before serving for the best taste and texture.

5. Can I make Bacon Salad vegetarian?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of Bacon Salad by omitting the bacon and adding in some protein-rich alternatives like grilled tofu or chickpeas. You can also use vegetarian bacon substitutes or skip the bacon altogether and add in extra vegetables like avocado or roasted vegetables for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • JennyJennJen