• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Spinach Salad Recipe

In summary, the recipe for the wilted spinach salad is in Spring Summer 2007 SB. The recipe calls for 8 bacon slices, 6 TBS brown sugar, 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, 2 pkgs (6oz each) fresh baby spinach, 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces, 1/2 cup thinly slice red onion wedges, 3 TSP apple cider vinegar, 4 tsp Dijon Mustard, salt and coarsely ground black pepper. The directions are coming!
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Can someone post the spinach salad recipe where we made the bacon on the bar pan with brown sugar??

I can not find the recipe on the website or in my files.
Thanks I need it for a potluck here at our house for the dance team tomorrow at noon.

Okay Girl! I found it! I went on a mission in my PC closet until I found it. I remember a senior director making it for us at my hospitality meeting last year!
It is in the spring summer 2007 SB.
It's called Wilted Spinach Salad with Candied Pepper Bacon

8 slices thick-cut bacon
6 TBS plus 1 tsp brown sugar, divided
1 tp coarsely ground black pepper
2 pkgs (6oz each) fresh baby spinach
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup thinly slice red onion wedges
3 TSP apple cider vinegar
4 tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into wedges

Directions coming!

Last edited:
Directions for Wilted Spinach Salad with Candied Pepper Bacon

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line Large Bar Pan with a sheet of Parchment Paper. Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on bar pan. Top bacon slices evenly with 2 TBS plus 1 tsp brown sugar; sprinkle with the 1 tsp of black pepper. Bake 22-25 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon from bar pan to paper-lined plate and cool completely. Reserve 2 TBS bacon drippings from bar pan. Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces using Chef's Knife

2. In Stainless (6-qt) Mixing Bowl, combine spinach, apple and onion. Whisk remaining 4 TBS brown sugar, reserved bacon drippings, vinegar and mustard in Small Micro-Cooker until well blended. Cover; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until bubbly. Pour over spinach misture; toss to coat using Bamboo Spatulas. Season with salt and black pepper. Top with egg wedges and bacon pieces, serve immediately.

I'm sure you already know this, but I wouldn't add the dressing until just before your ready to serve it!

THANKS!!
You're the best now where the heck is my SB????

Your welcome! It's the SB with the Jerk Chicken Salad on it! Good luck!:)

1. What is the best spinach salad recipe?

The best spinach salad recipe is subjective and can vary depending on personal preferences. However, a popular and delicious recipe is the classic spinach salad with bacon, eggs, and a warm bacon dressing.

2. Can I substitute the bacon in the spinach salad recipe with a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can substitute the bacon with vegetarian bacon or omit it altogether for a vegetarian version of the spinach salad. You can also add other ingredients such as roasted nuts or avocado for added flavor and texture.

3. How do I make the perfect spinach salad dressing?

The perfect spinach salad dressing can be made by whisking together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper. You can adjust the ingredients according to your taste and add herbs or spices for extra flavor.

4. Can I make the spinach salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the spinach salad ahead of time, but it is best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

5. Are there any variations to the traditional spinach salad recipe?

Yes, there are many variations to the traditional spinach salad recipe. You can add different types of protein such as chicken or shrimp, switch up the dressing, or add different toppings like dried cranberries or crumbled feta cheese. Get creative and make the spinach salad your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • janezapchef