• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious and Easy Salad Recipes for 6 O'Clock Meals

In summary, the host wants to do a theme for a demo and recommends the following recipes: cheeseburger salad, thai chicken stir-fry salad, BBQ pork salad.
heat123
Silver Member
ok a host wants to do this theme so here are the following recipes I recommended for demo:

~Chix Avocado, grapefruit salad
~Thai chix stirfry salad
~BBQ pork salad

which if any were good?

I gave her the cheeseburger salad recipe too and said it had good reviews but wanted to see which of these were good as well??

TIA!

I did the BBQ pork salad at a show last summer. Several guests commented on how they never thought of pork for a salad, and it all got eaten & raved upon. I love that BBQ rub!

It shows the DCB in the microwave (good for summer cooking), use the boning knife to get rid of the silver skin on the tenderloin, if you have it...otherwise, any other piece of PC cutlery.

Heather, do you have the Southwestern Layered Salad? It was in the salads cards. It makes a good main dish salad with the addition of a chicken layer. You could cook some chicken in the grill pan or DCB and add it.

Hmm, I think I have them if not I can find the recipe somewhere I am sure! Thanks, that will show the trifle bowl off as well, my Fave product! :)

I will forward this on to her! Thanks!

The pork salad was a big hit for me; & the 7 layer SW is definately a hit every time!:thumbup:

I made the grapefruit chicken salad. It uses a lot of product, for sure. I thought it tasted very good.

Does anyone have the 7 layer sw salad? I don't have the cards.

I have demo'd the Cheeseburger salad 2x and everyone raved about it.

DAR

Hi, Dar! Welcome!! (I'm in Southfield, so not too far from you.) This is the gist of the recipe. The nice thing about salads is they don't need to be exact. The instructions listed are for layering in the Trifle Bowl, but you can use ay large bowl.1 can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 green pepper, chopped
1 16 oz. bag iceberg lettuce mix
1 carton grape tomatoes
1 16 oz. carton sour cream
1 jar salsa (I forget the size I used - I think it was 16 oz.)
1 8 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
sliced green onionsCombine sour cream and salsa in a bowl. Set aside.
Layer half of each ingredient, pushing beans and pepper toward the outside of the trifle bowl so they show up, and cutting tomatoes in half, placing cut side against the side of the trifle bowl. Layer in this order:
beans
peppers
lettuce
tomatoes
dressing (salsa/sour cream)
cheese
green onionsRepeat layers.You can add grilled chicken or taco meat on top of the lettuce for a heartier salad.

I did the pork tenderloin salad all last fall and had rave reviews and great sales!

I love the Thai Chicken Stir-Fry Salad. But I do a bit of a twist. Instead of doing the spinach or the rice version I do both. I make the salad as the directions say to then I serve it over the rice. The hot rice wilts the spinach and it's a very good meal - sometimes I add chinese peas or sugar snaps to it. Even DH likes it that way - we had this just the other night. When reheated it's still good. I like to do it this way at shows too, that way I can show off several great items: Salad spinner, cookware, rice cooker.

Chef Ann Thank You Soooo much for the recipe. It does sound delicious.

DAR

Thanks gals, now I can recommend these recipes with confidence! Will see which she chooses? :)

I haven't tried any of the other salad recipes but I am going to offer the cheese burger salad this spring. It was so good!

We made the Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad at my last meeting and it was UNBELIEVABLY delicious!! It uses a lot of products, so just be sure you have them all, but I really think it's a fantastic spring/summer recipe. I'm offering the salads and sweet & simple recipes to my hosts to start, and if they want something else, I try the other themes. I try to stick to the themes, since they tell me everything I need to know on how to make, sell, cross-sell and everything else around the recipe and the show!! Makes my job easier if I don't have to figure that all out, too! :)

We LOVE that Southwestern Salad recipe that Ann suggested. I made it for a few shows last season and it is always a hit. Guests loved to eat it with tortilla chips just like they would any 7 layer dip.

1. What ingredients do I need for the 6 O'Clock Salad recipe?

The 6 O'Clock Salad recipe calls for 6 cups of mixed greens, 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup of chopped red onion, 1/4 cup of dried cranberries, 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, and 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the 6 O'Clock Salad recipe?

Yes, you can substitute any of the ingredients in the 6 O'Clock Salad recipe to suit your taste preferences. For example, you can use different types of greens, such as spinach or arugula, instead of mixed greens. You can also swap out the dried cranberries for another type of dried fruit, like raisins or dried cherries.

3. How do I make the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for the 6 O'Clock Salad?

To make the balsamic vinaigrette dressing for the 6 O'Clock Salad, you will need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1 minced garlic clove, and salt and pepper to taste. Simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.

4. Can I make the 6 O'Clock Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the 6 O'Clock Salad ahead of time. Simply prepare all of the ingredients and store them separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, assemble the salad and add the dressing just before serving to prevent the greens from wilting.

5. Can I add protein to the 6 O'Clock Salad?

Yes, you can add protein to the 6 O'Clock Salad to make it a more filling meal. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu are all great options to add protein to the salad. You can also top the salad with a hard-boiled egg or sprinkle it with some chickpeas for a vegetarian option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kimbub
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kimbub
  • Chefstover2