• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Spanish Dessert Recipe for Paella Night | TIA

In summary, her neighbor across the street has a recipe for Tres Leches Cake that she gave to her. Tres Leches Cake is a Spanish dessert that is made out of three layers of cake - one cream, one milk, and one sugar. PC has a recipe for Tres Leches Cake, so if you're looking for it, you can find it there.
pamperedmomto3
I'm going to a girlfriend's house for Paella. We were asked to bring a Spanish dessert. Anyone have a good and easy recipe? TIA

We go to Mexico and love to eat FLAN. Yummy. I don't have a recipe, though.

Tres Leches Cake. PC has a recipe.

DebbieJ said:
Tres Leches Cake. PC has a recipe.

Any idea where I can find this recipe?

You can look it up on CC under recipes search. It seems like it's in the 2005 SBRC, but not sure which season, and I could be wrong. :)

gailz2 said:
We go to Mexico and love to eat FLAN. Yummy. I don't have a recipe, though.

Mmmmm - Flan! I love Flan! Here is a top rated one from Allrecipes.com.

This is really really good. It doesn't look WOW - but one bite and you'll be saying "this tastes like MORE!"

Creamy Caramel Flan - Allrecipes

The Mexican Chocolate Cake from SB (fall '07) is yummy & super easy. :)

The Pampered Chef ®
Mexican Chocolate Cake

1/4 cup sliced almonds
3 eggs
1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
2 teaspoons Korintje Cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Chef's Silicone Basting Brush. Chop almonds using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add almonds, cake mix, 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cinnamon; mix until well blended using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly using Small Spreader.

Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Let stand in microwave 10 minutes. Remove pan from microwave to Stackable Cooling Rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto Large Round Platter. Cool slightly.

Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over cake. Place remaining chocolate morsels and 1 cup of the whipped topping into Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Drizzle glaze over cake. Serve warm with remaining whipped topping.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 410 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate the pan after 7 minutes of cooking.

To bake cake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 50-55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Proceed as recipe directs.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

My neighbor across the street is Spanish - and she is very quick to tell me that there is a big difference between Spanish and Mexican food. Spain is in Europe, and Mexico is in South America...very different cultures and food.

1. How long does it take to make this Spanish dessert?

The total time for preparing and cooking this dessert is approximately 40 minutes.

2. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, this dessert can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before serving.

3. What ingredients do I need to make this dessert?

You will need butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and sliced almonds.

4. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute almond milk for regular milk and gluten-free flour for regular flour to make this recipe dairy-free and gluten-free.

5. Can I serve this dessert with anything else besides paella?

While this dessert is traditionally served with paella, you can also enjoy it on its own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tenille V.
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nancycookspc