• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe to Take to Mops Group Next Week...

In summary, the MOPS group is starting up again and the moms are discussing what food to bring for their meeting from 9:30-11:30. Ideas such as apple berry salsa, chocolate pretzels, and muffins are suggested, with some concerns about serving chocolate too early in the morning. The Lil' Citrus Muffins recipe is also shared as a potential option for a quick and easy snack. The group ultimately decides to go with the apple berry salsa and tortilla chips.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Our MOPS group starts up again this month. (Yea!!:thumbup: :thumbup: )

I want to take something in to help with the food. We meet from 9:30-11:30, so usually the moms bring in brunch type food. I don't want to try and mess with anything that needs to be served hot....any ideas??

Is the new caramel sprinkles sticky bun recipe edible at room temp? That would be my suggestion.

Apple Berry Salsa... really yummy on bagels with cream cheese (just pour off most of the liquid first) or serve with the chips....

Any other ideas?

Right now...I would be leaning towards the apple berry salsa.

That's too early in the morning to serve our pretzel butterflys displayed on our three tiered stand, huh?

KellyTheChef said:
Any other ideas?

Right now...I would be leaning towards the apple berry salsa.

That's too early in the morning to serve our pretzel butterflys displayed on our three tiered stand, huh?[/QUOTE]

Did you just say too early for chocolate?????

Naw...

Besides, it's a mid-morning snack! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Did you just say too early for chocolate?????

Naw...

Besides, it's a mid-morning snack! ;)

LOL

You and I know that chocolate is good at ANYTIME of the day!!

I was thinking that *I* would eat them at that time, just not sure how that will look to all of the other moms there!!

Actually, I knew how pretty they would look on our 3 tiered stand, and was hoping that tons of people would ask me about them and I could hand them that flyer that HO has with the directions on it. Of course, it would have MY INFO on there so they could call me to have a show!

I figured that would look really bad if everyone could tell I was bringing them solely for self-promotion purposes!

Hmmmm...what to do....what to do......

The new Flour Tostidos Chips would work well with the Apple Berry Salsa. I like serving fruit b/c THAT is the yummiest recipe and it's healthy. Who knew??

Kelly, I used to be in a MOPS group (graduated last year) anyway, I think the Chocolate pretzels would be a great thing to take. I know the group that I used to be in would devoure them.

I'm a muffin fan myself. I did a brunch show last month with muffins, and the host provided fruit. Out of 3 batches of the mini-muffins, 5 muffins were left. Quick, easy, and they smell good too! I highly reccomend the Lil Citrus Muffins.

Just my 2 cents.

grayby said:
I'm a muffin fan myself. I did a brunch show last month with muffins, and the host provided fruit. Out of 3 batches of the mini-muffins, 5 muffins were left. Quick, easy, and they smell good too! I highly reccomend the Lil Citrus Muffins.

Just my 2 cents.
For anyone like me who immediately wondered where that recipe was from...it's from the use and care card. Not sure what product, I found it in a search on CC.

What citrus did you use? I am thinking orange and dipping them into orange colored sugar.....

Lil' Citrus Muffins
Ingredients:
Muffins

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons orange, lemon or lime zest

Topping

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. For muffins, lightly spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners. In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat 1/4 cup softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar until well blended. Add egg; beat until smooth. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and orange zest. Add flour mixture; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)

3. Using Small Scoop, drop a rounded scoop of batter into each muffin cup. Bake 12-13 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not overbake. Cool in pan 3 minutes; remove from pan. Cool slightly. For topping, dip tops of warm muffins into butter and then into sugar. Serve warm.

Yield: 2 dozen

Nutrients per serving: (3 muffins): Calories 260, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 0 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

1. What type of recipe should I bring to the Mops group meeting?

The type of recipe you bring to the Mops group meeting is completely up to you! However, we recommend bringing something that is easy to prepare, transport, and share with a group. Finger foods, casseroles, and desserts are always popular choices.

2. How many servings should the recipe make?

The number of servings will depend on the size of your Mops group. We suggest making enough for at least 10-12 people. If you are unsure, it's always better to bring more rather than not enough.

3. Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies that I should be aware of?

Please be considerate of any dietary restrictions or allergies within your Mops group. You can reach out to the group leader or check with individual members beforehand to ensure everyone can enjoy your dish. Alternatively, you can bring a list of ingredients to display with your recipe.

4. Can I use a Pampered Chef product in my recipe?

Absolutely! We encourage you to use Pampered Chef products in your recipe. Our products are designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable. You can even bring your product to the meeting to showcase its functionality.

5. Do you have any recipe suggestions for picky eaters or children?

We have a variety of recipes on our website that cater to picky eaters and children. You can search for specific dietary restrictions or ingredients to find the perfect recipe. Some popular options are our mini quiches, fruit skewers, and chicken nuggets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newtopamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • christiepchef