• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe Ideas for 17 Guests

Suggestions include a Seven Layer Southwestern Salad, Harvest Chicken Salad, and Turkey Cranberry Wreath with Molten Lava Cake. These recipes can be easily modified to accommodate larger crowds and are popular among those who are watching their diets.
momoftwins
I am doing a cooking show on Thursday (haven't done a cooking show since the end of September) and so far 17 people have responded that they will be there. I am a 2 recipe gal and the host says people are dieting. Does anyone have any suggestions for 2 recipes (appetizer/dessert) that are diet friendly and show a lot of product??? Thanks in advance!

Quick Curried Chicken(IGFY) or the Chicken Primavera is easy to make larger just by adding another pack or 2 of rice.

I did a few shows and did the bruschetta recipe from It's Good For You. It serves plenty, then you could make the puffs for dessert with diet cool whip!

I think anything from the IGFY cookbook could be doubled or tripled! I would cook ahead and just show the products with such a big show though! Good luck!

go to WLPC2 in the files section they have all the cookbooks and recipes in the files section. It is one of the only things I use there.

The Southwestern Layered Salad from the salad cards is a great show demo.Seven Layer Southwestern Salad
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup thick and chunks salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 oz) iceberg lettuce salad mix
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups corn chips (optional)In small batter bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.Drain and rinse beans using large colander. Using chef's knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onion. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions in Simple Additions large bowl.
Spoon sour cream mixture over top using small mix n scraper, spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using deluxe cheese grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.Cook's tips: for a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken can be added between the bell pepper and lettuce layers, if desired.Ann's tips: Use 1 can of black beans and 1 can of pinto beans for a heartier salad. Substitute 3 romaine hearts, chopped, for the bag of salad mix (it's cheaper! and makes more). Definitely add the chicken - you can chop 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts with the food chopper.

Also, if you know that all the guests are on diets, share the points lists (in the files section: WWPoints-current) for the cookbooks with them. Anyone who's on Weight Watchers will appreciate it.A yummy hot recipe is the Chicken Lemon Rice Soup from IGFY. It can easily be doubled. For a show, serve it in coffee cups. (Don't we all have a cupboard full of novelty or souvenir mugs?)

momoftwins said:
I am doing a cooking show on Thursday (haven't done a cooking show since the end of September) and so far 17 people have responded that they will be there. I am a 2 recipe gal and the host says people are dieting. Does anyone have any suggestions for 2 recipes (appetizer/dessert) that are diet friendly and show a lot of product??? Thanks in advance!

The Harvest Chicken Salad from this seasons SB. Instead of Spinach, just add Romaine lettuce for Bulk! Its THE HEALTIEST thing we have as of right now. You can prep ALOT at home also. If you want in the same cookbook we have the Chocolate Chip Canaloni dip which is also diet friendly!!:D

Can't go wrong with salads!In my experience with the "dieting" crowd, you can't go wrong with a salad or even a veggie pizza. And some of these recipes show lots of products. Good luck.

Debbie :D

Large Crowd Recipe
momoftwins said:
I just did a show with 17 in attendance. We did the Turkey Cranberry Wreath and the Molten Lava Cake. Too DIEEEEEEEEEE for. Stones and the Rice Cooker were a flying. Good Luck. Laurel:)

chefann said:
The Southwestern Layered Salad from the salad cards is a great show demo.

Seven Layer Southwestern Salad
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup thick and chunks salsa
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 oz) iceberg lettuce salad mix
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups corn chips (optional)

In small batter bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.

Drain and rinse beans using large colander. Using chef's knife, dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onion. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions in Simple Additions large bowl.
Spoon sour cream mixture over top using small mix n scraper, spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using deluxe cheese grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.

Cook's tips: for a heartier main dish salad, 2 cups diced cooked chicken can be added between the bell pepper and lettuce layers, if desired.

Ann's tips: Use 1 can of black beans and 1 can of pinto beans for a heartier salad. Substitute 3 romaine hearts, chopped, for the bag of salad mix (it's cheaper! and makes more). Definitely add the chicken - you can chop 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts with the food chopper.
I second this salad--ITS HUGE!!!!!!!!

The mini capreses are good. You can make a bunch ahead of time and just a few for the demo. They are all fresh ingredients and yummy!

Ginger428 said:
The Harvest Chicken Salad from this seasons SB. Instead of Spinach, just add Romaine lettuce for Bulk! Its THE HEALTIEST thing we have as of right now. You can prep ALOT at home also. If you want in the same cookbook we have the Chocolate Chip Canaloni dip which is also diet friendly!!:D

I was going to mention these two recipes as well. They are both VERY good and get tons of compliments!

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I was thinking of the Harvest Chicken Salad or the Thai Chicken Stir Fry salad and then either the Cherry Almond Cheesecake or Pumpkin pie ala easy. So we shall see what she chooses of those 4 and see how it goes. I am really nervous as I don't think I have ever had a crowd of 17 before!!!!!

1. How do I find recipes that can feed 17 guests?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that can serve a large number of guests. You can browse our website for recipe ideas by selecting the "Serves a Crowd" category, or use our search bar to find specific recipes that can feed 17 or more people.

2. Can I customize the serving size of a recipe to feed 17 guests?

Yes, most Pampered Chef recipes have a serving size adjustment feature where you can input the number of guests you need to serve. This will automatically adjust the ingredient measurements for you.

3. Are there any quick and easy recipes that can serve 17 guests?

Yes, we have a selection of quick and easy recipes that can feed a large group of people. You can filter your search results by selecting "Quick and Easy" under the difficulty level category.

4. What are some budget-friendly recipes for feeding 17 guests?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of budget-friendly recipes that can serve a large group. You can browse our website for recipe ideas by selecting the "Budget-Friendly" category, or use our search bar to find specific recipes that fit your budget.

5. Can I make recipes ahead of time to serve 17 guests?

Yes, many of our recipes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. Look for recipes with make-ahead instructions or check out our "Make-Ahead Meals" category for more ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sfdavis918