• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Microwave Recipe for Carrot Cake

In summary, a regular cake mix should not be used to make a microwave carrot cake as it may result in a different texture. The recommended cooking time for a microwave carrot cake is 8-10 minutes on high power, but it is important to check with a toothpick before removing from the microwave. Special equipment is not necessary, but using a microwave-safe baking dish and a mixing bowl is recommended. Additional ingredients can be added to the mix, but the cooking time may need to be adjusted. Different types of frosting or glaze can also be used, but it may alter the flavor and texture of the cake.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I am looking for a microwave recipe for carrot cake in fluted stoneware. Does anyone have it? Thank you in advance.

I know this is not really a recipe but I once bought a box of carrot cake mix and made up the batter and poured it in the fluted stone. Then I scooped the cream cheese icing over it and put it in the microwave and cooked it like a regular microwave cake. It was so yummy. It was quick and easy.

Microwave Carrot Cake in Fluted StonewareIngredients:- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour- 1 tsp baking powder- 1 tsp baking soda- 1 tsp ground cinnamon- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg- 1/4 tsp ground ginger- 1/4 tsp salt- 1 cup grated carrots- 1/2 cup vegetable oil- 1/2 cup brown sugar- 1/4 cup granulated sugar- 2 eggs- 1 tsp vanilla extract- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)Instructions:1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Whisk together until well combined.2. In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the vegetable oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts (if using).4. Grease a fluted stoneware dish with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the dish and smooth out the top.5. Place the dish in the microwave and cook on high power for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.6. Let the cake cool in the dish for 5 minutes before removing it and allowing it to cool completely on a wire rack.7. Serve the carrot cake warm or at room temperature, topped with cream cheese frosting or your favorite icing. Enjoy!

1. Can I use a regular cake mix to make a microwave carrot cake?

No, our Pampered Chef recipe specifically calls for a carrot cake mix designed for microwave use. Using a regular cake mix may result in a different texture or consistency.

2. How long does it take to make a microwave carrot cake?

The exact time may vary depending on your microwave, but our recipe suggests cooking for 8-10 minutes on high power. Be sure to check the cake with a toothpick before removing it from the microwave to ensure it is fully cooked.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make a microwave carrot cake?

No, our recipe only requires a microwave-safe baking dish, a mixing bowl, and a whisk or spoon. However, using our Pampered Chef microwave cake pan may result in a more evenly cooked and shaped cake.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the microwave carrot cake mix?

Yes, feel free to add in your favorite mix-ins such as nuts, raisins, or shredded coconut. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and mix them into the batter before microwaving.

5. Can I use a different type of frosting or glaze for the carrot cake?

Absolutely! While our recipe suggests using the included cream cheese frosting, you can also use your favorite frosting or glaze to top your microwave carrot cake. Just be aware that different frostings may result in a different flavor or texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • gothim0802
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies